Sponsored

Rexing V1P Pro Dual 1080p Full HD Front and Rear Dash Cam Smart Hardware kit Issue

RJB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings,

I am trying to install the Rexing V1P Pro camera using the Rexing Smart Hardware kit. When I connect the camera with the supplied power cord the camera switches on and off with the ignition switch. When I power the camera using the smart hardware kit the power only comes on when pressing the power button on the camera. It does not come on or go off when starting or stopping the car. The smart hardware kit is wired per the instructions with the yellow wire connected to constant power and the red wire to ACC but it won't mimic the supplied power cord, in that it doesn’t turn on and off with the ignition switch. Anyone have any ideas as to why I’m having this issue?

Thanks

Bob
Sponsored

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What fuse did you tap? Most dashcams are utilizing fuse 3 as it contains ignition power and is fairly open for a fuse tap - it's how my viofo t130 is wired - other than a previous hwk failing I've not had any issues using fuse 3

OP
OP

RJB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used fuse 3 and for a constant power I used 24, which is a spare. The moment I plug in the hardwire cable the camera powers on but will not switch on and off with the ignition which Rexing says it should.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Viofo A139 that uses low bitrate parking mode and has a battery pack will not turn on with the remote start. Is that what you are referring to for the start? I think it's normal for the Maverick. It turns on when I push start.

But the power off, I'd keep messing with the fuses and I'll have to look at mine but I also had the same issue at first and it confused me because I never had that issue on any other vehicle. Give me a bit and I'll report back with what fuses I used. Mine will shut off when I turn parking mode off.

One issue I did run into on a previous Escape Hybrid was the change in voltage from EV to ICE often screwed with the recordings and would sometimes give short clips, turn on then off and sometimes just not even record second and third cameras at all. The only way I solved that was using the 12v cigarette input. This is a pretty well known issue for Hybrids due to voltage changes and miscommunication from the dashcams. Certain ones just go haywire and my Viofo was one of them. Doesn't sound like that is your issue here, but something to monitor and I wouldn't rule it out.

OP
OP

RJB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings Montana,

Thanks for responding.

My maverick is a 2023 Lariat Hybrid. The camera I have has a G sensor but does not have the parking, timre lapse mode, I wish it did. Mine is the Rexing V1P Pro with WiFi, rear camera, and GPS. I’m using fuse 3 for the ACC connection and as you know the location of the fuse box is a real pain to work on, along with very little room for fuse taps. I have constant power from fuse 24.

I’m at a loss as to exactly what the ACC line is suppose to do. Does the small box attached to the cable control the on/off of the constant power using the ACC line? What difference would it make to try a different fuse tap other than Fuse 3?

I’m not getting much help from Rexing so that’s why I decided to ask for help on the forum. I’m at a point now where I think I’m going to just route the cable from the Cigarette Input to where I have the smart hardware cable. The only issue with the cigarette input is that it doesn’t shut off immediately when the car is turned off, so unplugging it would be necessary.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would recheck the fuse you tapped for ACC.
From your statements:
- When I connect the camera with the supplied power cord the camera switches on and off with the ignition switch.

- When I power the camera using the smart hardware kit the power only comes on when pressing the power button on the camera.

If you unplug power cable completely from the camera then try to use the power button to turn on the camera, does the camera still turn on for a few minutes? Some of the V1 cameras have a built-in capacitor that works as a battery for 'bump recording' and this is a quick way to test if yours has one. If so, then I would recheck where the smart hardware kit is wired as it may not actually be supplying power to the camera.
Sponsored