Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I wouldn't buy a hair brush from Temu, let alone anything that's connecting to my Mav 😬
But, it's a good idea. I'd just source my parts elsewhere.
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford robot that chimes in once in a while with useless offers to “check” out this problem for us.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED A LONG TIME AGO! THE STUPID NONSENSE OF DRIVE IT MORE REPEATED AD INFINITUM IS INSULTING AND THE FACT THAT OWNERS ARE NOW POSTING HOW TO HOOK UP TRICKLE CHARGERS INDICATES FORD EITHER. A. HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT BUT WONT ADMIT IT OR.
B. DONT GIVE A RAT SHIT ABOUT EVEN HELPING US GET OUR TRUCK TO WORK LIKE IT SHOULD!

I love my truck but this is ”f######” inexcusable!!!

Last edited:

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first Ford in 35 years. 35 years of 5 family Toyota cars with NO issues. 35 years ago I sold my FORD for a loss due to unexplained "electrical issues". Hoping I'm not stupid again.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just used one of the several nearby ground points to attach a ring terminal, and I did use the 12v terminal under the BLACK panel that says 12V. Not sure how to get into the RED 12V section. Since the charge wire (when towing) has a 5A fuse, and the trickle charger (when just charging) is only 1A, it doesn't matter..
True or not I do not know but someone posted that the black colored cover marked + with the jumper clamp in the circle with the slash mark (aka don't put pos jumper here) could deliver the 265 amps from the dcdc converter. To open the red cover over the threaded post just pry it at the top center towards the radiator. It will tip over really easy. A curved short tree limb about the diameter of my left index finger should work fine. Wrap it in electrical tape so it will look better in your tool/glove box 🤗.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell me you didn't connect the negative wire to the batteries negative terminal post...

Never connect anything, accessories, battery charger clips, etc. to the batteries negative terminal. The Mav has a Battery Management System (BMS) that keeps an eye on the battery and the current going in and out of it so it knows it's charge status. There's a little box by the negative terminal (shunt) that sends the information to the BMS. If you clip anything on the negative terminal the BMS doesn't know anything is going on and it could screw up what the Mav thinks the battery state of charge status is.
Always find another negative ground point to connect to when charging or connecting anything else to the battery/12 volts. It's okay to attach to the positive battery post.
Excellent advice.

Deauxrite

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Went to Harbor Freight. Purchased battery maintainer. Hard wired to the posts under the hood. Affixed the maintainer to the firewall. Perfect spot, easy install and the provided posts under the hood makes it a 30 minute install.
Sponsored