Sponsored

CraigMN

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Why would anyone think ā€œwe signed up for thisā€ - something less than high quality? Iā€™d like to know moreā€¦ Iā€™ve ordered several cars and the expectation is the same for all. Every assembly line has QC and the dealer is responsible for inspecting and addressing anything that doesnā€™t get fixed at the factory. The consumer is not expected to be the QC inspector.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Why would anyone think ā€œwe signed up for thisā€ - something less than high quality? Iā€™d like to know moreā€¦ Iā€™ve ordered several cars and the expectation is the same for all. Every assembly line has QC and the dealer is responsible for inspecting and addressing anything that doesnā€™t get fixed at the factory. The consumer is not expected to be the QC inspector.
Agree with your post 1,000%.

Having said that, don't have these same expectations when buying a brand new RV trailer. Boy was I shocked to learn that you are expected to lower your expectations when owning one. You spend $70,000 and drive it a mile and the bathroom door and jamb fell onto the floor. When I took it back he said what did you expect, it's going to run down the road and vibrate and shake, things will rattle and sound strange, it's NOT a new car or truck!! Boy was I surprised.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say the Hybrid Owners, are not the canaries. But i don't know about those EB Owners. Long Game.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
The one "defect" I know will be in my 2.0 is the GDI system which, if I have it long enough, is going to require that I purchase a very expensive bag of Walnut shells somewhere down the road!

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Having said that, don't have these same expectations when buying a brand new RV trailer. Boy was I shocked to learn that you are expected to lower your expectations when owning one. You spend $70,000 and drive it a mile and the bathroom door and jamb fell onto the floor. When I took it back he said what did you expect, it's going to run down the road and vibrate and shake, things will rattle and sound strange, it's NOT a new car or truck!! Boy was I surprised.
That os not right. A good dealer should look at the rv top to bottom

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I used to work at a large rv dealerā€¦ I feel your pain lol!

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That os not right. A good dealer should look at the rv top to bottom
I mean, in all honestly, itā€™s a house with moveable rooms that also travels down the road. You canā€™t possible expect it to be 100%, 100% of the time.
The biggest thing people donā€™t understand is that they are not a new Toyota. They are greatly custom made. Even the lower priced ones.

Iā€™d never buy one though!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, in all honestly, itā€™s a house with moveable rooms that also travels down the road. You canā€™t possible expect it to be 100%, 100% of the time.
The biggest thing people donā€™t understand is that they are not a new Toyota. They are greatly custom made. Even the lower priced ones.

Uhh yes I can. Campers are something I've had all my life. I can see the first couple times something small getting by, but other than they should work perfect.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uhh yes I can. Campers are something I've had all my life. I can see the first couple times something small getting by, but other than they should work perfect.
Then let me save you a ton of money and headaches, donā€™t buy any more. Youā€™re literally throwing money away (I know what the mark up is).

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then let me save you a ton of money and headaches, donā€™t buy any more. Youā€™re literally throwing money away (I know what the mark up is).
Never had one that's been a headache. Now my father on the other hand ha a Phaeton and that was the BIGGEST pos I've ever seen. I'll be in the market for a toy hauler in 2 years.....but I'll buy used.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I'm buying a budget truck/car and not a Rolls Royce, but I fully expect my new Maverick to be designed and screwed together properly. I might expect teathing problems from a Tesla or other startup company but Ford has been building cars long enough to have basic car building things figured out. As others have said, I'm not part of the R&D team and I'm not getting any sort of a discount.

Thankfully, all the systems and parts in our new Mavericks are long-proven Ford items and there really shouldn't be any major glitches that the customers will be stuck with.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

Yes, but RVs are made with the fewest and cheapest quality fasteners that they don't even check to make sure they secure. Most of the screws are stripped and just filling a hole. The cheapest grade wiring and plumbing known to man. It begins as a project as you drive it out of the parking lot. But I never expected the bathroom door to be laying on the floor when I got it home exactly a mile away.

Back to Mavericks: So far the only thing I've seen questionable is that joint on the driver side there at the base of the glass. Now sure what that is all about yet but I'm watching that one.

Apologize for hijacking the thread talking about RVs.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the OP realize that Ford, and others, spends hundreds of millions of dollars in vehicle development? By the time it gets to the consumer the "we signed up for this" phase should be long over.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I agree 100%. At the rate they are pushing these out quality is suffering šŸ˜«. More and more obvious quality issues aren't being caught or just not being addressed because of production pressure to deliver as many vehicles as fast as they can. I'm having second thoughts. We really don't know the long term effects.
Sponsored