First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my 22 Hybrid since 4/30/22 and only issue is touchy brakes at 2-3 mph. I have over 12K miles on mine.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nick in the steering wheel since delivery and still haven't been able to get it repaired, dealer is aware.
Is the nick in the steering wheel on the back side and somewhere roughly at 12 o'clock? Something you can feel but not necessarily see unless you are looking for it?

If so, I have had that on both my Mavericks. Thought it was just me.

OP
OP
Pucman1

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope my nick is on the left side of the wheel at roughly 9 o clock where you enter the truck

Is the nick in the steering wheel on the back side and somewhere roughly at 12 o'clock? Something you can feel but not necessarily see unless you are looking for it?

OP
OP
Pucman1

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good to know.....i usually run my in slippery mode because of the issue.....seems more forgiving in that setting

I have had my 22 Hybrid since 4/30/22 and only issue is touchy brakes at 2-3 mph. I have over 12K miles on mine.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hate that little nub! I Keep saying I'm going to cut that off. I think its due to molding the steering wheel. (like a nipple on a tires)

Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well i have finally scheduled the dreaded Dealer visit, Let us see what they will do??
There will be many pictures before the hand off
Pictures alone are no good anymore. The dealer may infer that you are shady for even taking pictures, per another thread here.

So also take a VIDEO. Uninterrupted video, clearly showing your vehicle on the dealer lot then you do a walkaround with slow closeups and then you go inside and film every inch in HD. All without ever stopping the recording.

Unfortunately it seems that is what will be required now after the most recent thread where pictures alone were not enough.

OP
OP
Pucman1

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well Ford has no customer service at all. After going through the time to set up an appointment and coordinate for a loaner, I show up early after taking the day off and they have no car to give me. The service person says we can call you when we get one in….. ok great. Not Really but what can I demand! So the I get a text message from fords service group to ask how it is going? I laid out the information via text….’silence. Call the line to ask for the service manager and he has gone for the day, called the line for the service group left a VM for the case manager.
I took time off to get this done…. Ford has really lost touch with consumers and has no idea how to fix it….Sad that is has come to this
Sponsored