Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Couple of things...

First, Ford is pretty decent at making trucks, and this isn't their first one. They know what they're doing, what the market will demand of it, and also that their reputation is always on the line. They're not going to push out something half-assed. I'm confident these things have been tested to the far ends of the earth.

Second, the Maverick is based largely on a proven platform (Escape) and the motors are pretty well proven, too.

Third, ever automaker knows that they live and die by reputation, so be assured any issues that do crop up will be taken care of by TSBs and recalls, if needed. They're not going to "Pinto" this model. Look what happened with the hard top issues on the Bronco -- it was a supplier issue and Ford jumped right on it. Even though it meant some delays, they got it fixed and stood behind it.

Fourth, these trucks have warranties long enough to confidently cover anything that pops up. You'll be fine.
Sponsored

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would anyone think “we signed up for this” - something less than high quality? I’d like to know more… I’ve ordered several cars and the expectation is the same for all. Every assembly line has QC and the dealer is responsible for inspecting and addressing anything that doesn’t get fixed at the factory. The consumer is not expected to be the QC inspector.
If they want me to be the inspector, I would like a salary. Most inspectors don't pay to do their job. I get it nothing is perfect but why have 10 people not do their job and say that is ok.

RobChills

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT FX4 - Area 51, 19' Pacifica LTD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back to the original subject. It took almost 3 weeks to actually receive my XLT Maverick after it was delivered to the dealer because of an E-Brake issue. The e-brake would engage/disengage, but the light on the dash would always stay on. Due to the supply chain woes and it being so new, they couldn't find the part(s) and ended up taking a "sensor" off of another maverick (base model) to swap with mine. With the dealer being 1.5hrs away and me losing my previous car due to Ida flooding, this was a long painful experience.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I don't know if every dealership inspects thier vehicles. I hear some just unload from the car hauler, give it a quick wash and hand you the keys. Best to really look it over before accepting and make note of any irregularities. I'm checking with my dealership to see what they check on delivered cars.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Couple of things...

First, Ford is pretty decent at making trucks, and this isn't their first one. They know what they're doing, what the market will demand of it, and also that their reputation is always on the line. They're not going to push out something half-assed. I'm confident these things have been tested to the far ends of the earth.

Second, the Maverick is based largely on a proven platform (Escape) and the motors are pretty well proven, too.

Third, ever automaker knows that they live and die by reputation, so be assured any issues that do crop up will be taken care of by TSBs and recalls, if needed. They're not going to "Pinto" this model. Look what happened with the hard top issues on the Bronco -- it was a supplier issue and Ford jumped right on it. Even though it meant some delays, they got it fixed and stood behind it.

Fourth, these trucks have warranties long enough to confidently cover anything that pops up. You'll be fine.
So your saying Ford has a good reputation for standing behind their vehicles? Why not offer a better warranty like the Santa fe?

Sponsored

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would just like to remind all of us that as the trucks get delivered and purchased that there will be issues that need to get fixed for those of you who are able to purchase your right now continue to let us know what issues you have so we can check ours but dont be overally down about it, remember we signed up for this. For those of us who are still waiting, dont run from the purchase because of a few startup issues, again remember we signed up for this.

Edit: since it seems i need to add this im not talking about major defect flaws that follow the trucks name around. Im talking about minor defects that random people or maybe even a few in a group find.
I expect to have issues being as the Maverick is a brand new vehicle design that's only 2 tears old and no manufacturer is that perfect that there would be no production or vendor problems. I know I am going to be taking it back to the dealer to cure some issues, it's already in the plan

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So your saying Ford has a good reputation for standing behind their vehicles? Why not offer a better warranty like the Santa fe?
Warranty is calculated as a business decision based on cost of repairs, cost of higher quality initial materials, reputation the company wants the public to perceive the company and special conditions. Kia and Hyundai instituted a longer warranty because a couple of decades ago Korean cars were perceived in America as lower quality. Bentley has a better warranty because of the they charge more and can use higher quality materials and want a perception of superior quality. VW increased their warranty length a few years ago to overcome the negative publicity of the emissions scandal.

Ford has the same quality and warranty as GM and Stellantis.

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparison is not even close! But, the worst, noisiest trip I had was a 40 mile or so ride in the back of an ambulance Friday evening!
Only to discover things have changed, and I'm scheduled for Open Heart surgery on Thursday, July 6.

I've got no noise issues with my Maverick. Never have since I recieved it in April 2022. First brand new vehicle, that did not require hundreds to thousands to make major repairs to!

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Imagine spending money on something and being told to "expect problems". Get real.

What a stupid outlook.

Nothing is perfect, but this outlook is allowing big corporations to get away with crappy products and now it's so common you have simps on forums telling others they should just suck it up. Wrong. It's nobodies fault that the Hybrids are grenading themselves other than FORD's...

Don't advise people to make poor investments and expect trouble - advise them to simply not invest in said product.

Last edited:

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Warranty is calculated as a business decision based on cost of repairs, cost of higher quality initial materials, reputation the company wants the public to perceive the company and special conditions. Kia and Hyundai instituted a longer warranty because a couple of decades ago Korean cars were perceived in America as lower quality. Bentley has a better warranty because of the they charge more and can use higher quality materials and want a perception of superior quality. VW increased their warranty length a few years ago to overcome the negative publicity of the emissions scandal.

Ford has the same quality and warranty as GM and Stellantis.
I wish they offered a longer warranty
Sponsored