First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just going sans plate in Texas. Rebel with a cause(looks better!).

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just going sans plate in Texas. Rebel with a cause(looks better!).
I have been doing that in wisconsin. I keep the plate in glove compartment as i assume a lot of tesla owners do. When another solution arrives which requires no fabrication or holes i might take it.

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you give us an update and let us know if your front license plate bracket has stood the test of time? Need to get one installed and I’d like to go this route if it has worked well for you..
Could you give us an update and let us know if your front license plate bracket has stood the test of time? Need to get one installed and I’d like to go this route if it has worked well for you..
The bracket continues to work as expected. No movement or shifting. 20K miles on the Mav. Been thru many touchless car washes with out issue. Once pulled to over a high parking curb an heard it scrap... backed up and looked... no damage and had not shifted.

bfinger35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Kia Niro EV, Jeep Wrangler
The bracket continues to work as expected. No movement or shifting. 20K miles on the Mav. Been thru many touchless car washes with out issue. Once pulled to over a high parking curb an heard it scrap... backed up and looked... no damage and had not shifted.
Pretty much exactly duplicated the most-excellent @Dman no-drill front license plate bracket set-up. It is sturdy and has not moved a milimeter in over 2 weeks. Still waiting for the actual license plates to show up and get a final verdict, but I expect it will be solid with the plate installed as well. Will update with some final pictures once they arrive.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 97119C01-5912-48E4-8F44-9A713BC26E21

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 6BF0C20D-FD23-4AE1-AEE5-8030FE81B315

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 0B8F8DAE-0A9B-4372-8583-D9DE0A135ABC

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 796A7E95-67EA-4339-8EC0-C73BAB2BDA2F

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 91B0810D-5BC6-42C4-BF33-92BFB8FC90C7

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much exactly duplicated the most-excellent @Dman no-drill front license plate bracket set-up. It is sturdy and has not moved a milimeter in over 2 weeks. Still waiting for the actual license plates to show up and get a final verdict, but I expect it will be solid with the plate installed as well. Will update with some final pictures once they arrive.

97119C01-5912-48E4-8F44-9A713BC26E21.jpeg

6BF0C20D-FD23-4AE1-AEE5-8030FE81B315.jpeg

0B8F8DAE-0A9B-4372-8583-D9DE0A135ABC.jpeg

796A7E95-67EA-4339-8EC0-C73BAB2BDA2F.jpeg

91B0810D-5BC6-42C4-BF33-92BFB8FC90C7.png
Sorry but that just looks super janky with the kindorf strap.....I know you're looking for a certain amount of rigidity but there has to be a better option than the silver kindorf?

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the state of Wisconsin have inspections for equipment compliance on motor vehicles? The reason I ask is I am a retired law enforcement officer from Ohio. Until recently, we had 2 license plate requirement in our state. We primarily used the violation to stop cars due to suspicious behavior (leaving high drug areas, residential areas at night where burglaries or car break ins were occurring, etc.). As a traffic enforcement officer/interdiction officer, I also used the no front license plate violation to cut people some slack when I stopped them for speed and they had a clean driving record. By citing them for no front plate, they didn't get a moving violation citation which added points to their license and increased their insurance. I can't speak for other LE, but I can say in 22 years I never stopped a vehicle for only have 1 license plate unless other circumstances were present....just my two cents. I wouldn't add it to the vehicle at all but keep it inside incase you get stopped. I actually did run into a couple instances where stopping high end sports cars (Ferrari, Lambo) where the manufactures don't even offer a front license plate bracket. Good luck with your new Maverick.
You sound like my Dad (a sheriff) he didn't go looking for problems (too much paperwork) he looked for solutions to people's every-day issues. I am a member of a popular car club (Porsche) and their bumpers have a small hole and cap that pops out to allow an OEM tow hook to install in the face-bar re-enforcement bar. Many use it for a custom attachment that has a license bracket on it. It is not too hard to drill a 3/4" hole in the face-bar cover and thru the aluminum re-bar . then tap threads to do the same. I plan on doing that on mine so I can put fog lamps in the tow hook areas. Just a thought.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in Texas (front plate still required) and purchased my Prius-C from my son, and it only had the rear plate, with no front plate holder. Drove it that way for two years (after he drove it that way for three) with no issues.

Then I was stopped by two different Texas State Troopers (both in the same week). I was just given a warning, though the second guy stated it was my "second warning" so I guess they keep track of that. Ironically, I was on my way to church on Sunday morning both times, and dressed accordingly, so no "suspicious activity" involved. More likely just a bored Trooper...

I asked my son about the 2nd plate, and he had just installed it under the rear plate. Toyota dealer added the front plate holder and mounted the plate at no cost. Better safe than sorry. (Plus, you can't really make a Prius-C look any worse than it does without the plate, so there's that...)

Hopperdropper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front license bracket supplied from Ford myself by drilling only the two bottom holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area and am using small velcro squares to hold the top portion of the bracket.

So if Texas ever stops requiring a front license plate I can easily remove it and just plug the two holes in the black top portion lower grill area with black rubber stoppers which will not really even be noticed.

I have attached a copy of the installation instructions.

In the procedure I did step #1 then put the small velcro squares on the back of the bracket over the top two mounting holes then did step #2. I did not do step #3 and in step #4 only did two screws on the lower two mounting holes.

Ford Part Number is listed in instructions:

2022 Maverick - Front License Plate Installation Instructions.jpg

I went the velcro route and it worked very well. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 20230108_190426~2

Sponsored

joewdunbar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Honda Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used three long cable ties around the lower black grill to the license bracket, and it fits perfectly with no drilling and is nice and secure. Very easy.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder license-plate

buyacar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used three long cable ties around the lower black grill to the license bracket, and it fits perfectly with no drilling and is nice and secure. Very easy.

license-plate.jpg
Looks like it blocks some sensors ?Could you take another photo in day time?

joewdunbar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Honda Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked for sensors and didn't see any, also checked the manual, which shows two sensors above it so I'm pretty sure it's not blocking anything. If you know otherwise, please let us know.
I took the plate off so you could see the cable ties I used, which hold it fine.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder license-bracket20230120-1

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder license-bracket20230120-2

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had the Cravenspeed Platypus on my EcoBoost XL w/ 4K Tow for about 1,200 miles. I'm a big fan of their license plate mounts as I've had one on another car for several years. Very solid build quality, easy installation, and low-profile.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had the Cravenspeed Platypus on my EcoBoost XL w/ 4K Tow for about 1,200 miles. I'm a big fan of their license plate mounts as I've had one on another car for several years. Very solid build quality, easy installation, and low-profile.
Do you have it installed on the lower grill? No issues with it blocking the intercooler?
Sponsored