First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought maverick in Michigan for registration in Wisconsin. So I did not get a front license plate bracket or not sure where it is hiding
?
I don't want to drill holes in bumper and don't want a frame or screws that will rust.

Any suggestions and/or part numbers.
Since it is supposed to be provided by Ford free of charge, why don't you just go to your dealers parts department and ask for one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the state of Wisconsin have inspections for equipment compliance on motor vehicles? The reason I ask is I am a retired law enforcement officer from Ohio. Until recently, we had 2 license plate requirement in our state. We primarily used the violation to stop cars due to suspicious behavior (leaving high drug areas, residential areas at night where burglaries or car break ins were occurring, etc.). As a traffic enforcement officer/interdiction officer, I also used the no front license plate violation to cut people some slack when I stopped them for speed and they had a clean driving record. By citing them for no front plate, they didn't get a moving violation citation which added points to their license and increased their insurance. I can't speak for other LE, but I can say in 22 years I never stopped a vehicle for only have 1 license plate unless other circumstances were present....just my two cents. I wouldn't add it to the vehicle at all but keep it inside incase you get stopped. I actually did run into a couple instances where stopping high end sports cars (Ferrari, Lambo) where the manufactures don't even offer a front license plate bracket. Good luck with your new Maverick.
Thank you for your insights and service. In my part of WI there are no vehicle inspections. If we inspected vehicles there would be a lot of rust buckets getting decommissioned which would be a good thing actually. I did buy a knock off of a holder used on Teslas and should be receiving it soon. If I can easily adapt it I will post a picture here. Meanwhile I do have the additional plate in the truck just in case. FYI my one re-modification pending is installation of a blue line American flag decal. I had one that pealed off. So hiding the politics, the black background and blue line looks subtle and great with velocity blue :). Being honest it torques me to see the ridiculous call outs for defunding law enforcement, etc. Retired navy myself which I’m thankful for but not advertising on a sticker. But if I had Area 51 I think I would have to add a USS and a hull number.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front license bracket supplied from Ford myself by drilling only the two bottom holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area and am using small velcro squares to hold the top portion of the bracket.

So if Texas ever stops requiring a front license plate I can easily remove it and just plug the two holes in the black top portion lower grill area with black rubber stoppers which will not really even be noticed.

I have attached a copy of the installation instructions.

In the procedure I did step #1 then put the small velcro squares on the back of the bracket over the top two mounting holes then did step #2. I did not do step #3 and in step #4 only did two screws on the lower two mounting holes.

Ford Part Number is listed in instructions:

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 2022 Maverick - Front License Plate Installation Instructions

Last edited:

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front license bracket supplied from Ford myself by drilling only the two bottom holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area and am using small velcro squares to hold the top portion of the bracket.

I have attached a copy of the installation instructions.

In the procedure I did step #1 then put the small velcro squares on the back of the bracket over the top two mounting holes then did step #2. I did not do step #3 and in step #4 only did the rivets on the lower two mounting holes.

Ford Part Number is listed in instructions:
Nice idea, works great, thanks for posting.

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if I could easily fabricate a simple arm bracket using one of the winching holes on my hybrid. I'm in Texas which requires a front plate but I didn't let the dealer install it and have been driving around like an "outlaw". Don't really want a grill-attached front plate, and I don't want to drill holes in the front bumper.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder Screenshot_20220330-144959-768

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a company that makes holder for teslas and knockoffs. Something like these should become available soon.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if I could easily fabricate a simple arm bracket using one of the winching holes on my hybrid. I'm in Texas which requires a front plate but I didn't let the dealer install it and have been driving around like an "outlaw". Don't really want a grill-attached front plate, and I don't want to drill holes in the front bumper.

Screenshot_20220330-144959-768.png
Did you ever make this work for your license plate?

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am an outlaw also in Wisconsin. I have seen some teslas in the wild that are getting a pass. I like your idea. I keep waiting for a turnkey solution. 95 percent of people don’t care enough though. Would be nice to be lower and offset.

gretencord

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also followed huunvubu's recommendation regarding the velcro squares behind the upper bracket holes. For the lower section, I drilled two additional holes below the lower bracket holes near the bottom edge of the face. Then I looped a large zip tie through them and around the stringers. There you have it - a solution without any holes in the truck.

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_193054734~4
Yes, I did make a bracket out of the leftover rail I had after installing the DIY tie down rails in the bad, and a cheap license plate bracket. Right into the winching hole on the passenger side. It does *NOT* stick down as low as the little front air dam in front of the wheel, so, seems acceptable to me. The bracket I bought on Amazon has the nuts on the side that I wanted to mount to, so I just use some fender washers and spread the load on the back of the license plate so I could mount the bracket backwards (ie; on the nut side)
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220219_163413933~2
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder Screenshot_20220531-195743-591
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_185007467_HDR~2
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_185104475~2
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_191207211~2
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_192913933

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the back with the plate off to the side I decided to even it out. And yes GO VIKINGS! LoL

Screenshot_20220531-203141.png
I just completed mine following your first post and using a piece of metal from Lowes and a 1" universal plug from AutoZone, along with the factory plate bracket. Still have to test it out. Thanks for the idea.

Added some 3M take so it won't flap with strong winds. Went for a 45 min drive at 75 mph, accidentally entered a brush car wash, it was too late for me to back out. The pate/bracket stayed perfectly in place. I would say that was a good test! :) See last pic.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_211925177

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_212124227

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_212113192

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_201558773

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_205814838

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_190426341

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder IMG_20220531_161340168_HDR

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder Point Blur_Jun022022_151521

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks darrell and mark for developing early prototypes using the winching hole and custom bracket. I may give this idea a go this weekend and will post results

bringbackthe70s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone happen to know - if you opt to mount your front plate off to the side like some pictured, is it beneficial to have it on the passenger or driver side? and why? The rear plate is to the passenger side, so I'm leaning toward the passenger side with the front as well, but I'm not sure if theres a side that would lessen the hassle of getting pulled over for something so stupid. Cops in my area have nothing better to do sometimes 🤷‍♂️

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid