First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought maverick in Michigan for registration in Wisconsin. So I did not get a front license plate bracket or not sure where it is hiding
?
I don't want to drill holes in bumper and don't want a frame or screws that will rust.

Any suggestions and/or part numbers.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought maverick in Michigan for registration in Wisconsin. So I did not get a front license plate bracket or not sure where it is hiding
?
I don't want to drill holes in bumper and don't want a frame or screws that will rust.

Any suggestions and/or part numbers.
What trim pkge did you buy? If FX4 there are bracklet’s that work well attached to tow hooks.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is one that I found but I'm still waiting my Mav
Platypus Grill Mount (cravenspeed.com)
I’m glad I don’t have to worry about this in my state but that looks like a disaster for cooling, be it the intercooler down lower or the radiator up high. There’s no way I’d mount that on my vehicle. Then again it’s 90+ degrees here for months on end with 80+% humidity.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the xlt.
Here is A pic of mine. If you don’t t have the FX4 package, although a lot more expensive, then the grill mount might be your best bet.
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder F6C657F6-932E-479D-8A02-C52E9E38F6E0

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is A pic of mine. If you don’t t have the FX4 package, although a lot more expensive, then the grill mount might be your best bet.
F6C657F6-932E-479D-8A02-C52E9E38F6E0.jpeg
Nice.
I do not have the tow hooks but if the tow hook cover pops off there aught to be a way to bracket to the empty screw locations in frame. I am going to investigate that route and possibility of locally machining to that option. Spent 30 minutes investigating but never saw if cover just pops out in xlt

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice.
I do not have the tow hooks but if the tow hook cover pops off there aught to be a way to bracket to the empty screw locations in frame. I am going to investigate that route and possibility of locally machining to that option. Spent 30 minutes investigating but never saw if cover just pops out in xlt
Sadly, It does not.

Other posts have commented on that issue.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(...) Then again it’s 90+ degrees here for months on end with 80+% humidity.
And if the Maverick comes with one of those plastic boxes to hold the battery, you might as well throw that away. I do not miss the south. (former South Texas resident)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly, It does not.

Other posts have commented on that issue.
Egads. I'm now inclined to get a clear sleeve and soft secure with velcro inside bottom of windshield for the time being or just stow the plate Decided I don't want to block airflow or drill any holes in front even if that is supposed to be the plan. May wait for aftermarket to come up with elegant solution. I decided that I like the offset option just that their currently isn't a simple way that doesn't involve cutting or drilling

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WI resident here. I am also looking for any alternatives to drilling through the paint in the front on the non FX4 models (they have tow hook option). I went to my dealership last week and made sure they noted not to mount the front plate bracket when mine arrives. No build date yet but trying to get my ducks in a row prior to arrival.

OP
OP
Joseaoe1

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WI resident here. I am also looking for any alternatives to drilling through the paint in the front on the non FX4 models (they have tow hook option). I went to my dealership last week and made sure they noted not to mount the front plate bracket when mine arrives. No build date yet but trying to get my ducks in a row prior to arrival.
Thanks. Waiting for my plates to arrive and haven't thought of anything yet.
BTW Did a lot of driving in past two weeks around Green Bay and Milwaukee area and haven't seen another maverick out in the wild yet. Every one in a while I'll sight a new ranger but so far no other mavericks :)

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that more Mavericks are getting in owners hands, any new recommendations for the front license plate. Has anyone else installed the Platypus one from Cravenspeed?

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the state of Wisconsin have inspections for equipment compliance on motor vehicles? The reason I ask is I am a retired law enforcement officer from Ohio. Until recently, we had 2 license plate requirement in our state. We primarily used the violation to stop cars due to suspicious behavior (leaving high drug areas, residential areas at night where burglaries or car break ins were occurring, etc.). As a traffic enforcement officer/interdiction officer, I also used the no front license plate violation to cut people some slack when I stopped them for speed and they had a clean driving record. By citing them for no front plate, they didn't get a moving violation citation which added points to their license and increased their insurance. I can't speak for other LE, but I can say in 22 years I never stopped a vehicle for only have 1 license plate unless other circumstances were present....just my two cents. I wouldn't add it to the vehicle at all but keep it inside incase you get stopped. I actually did run into a couple instances where stopping high end sports cars (Ferrari, Lambo) where the manufactures don't even offer a front license plate bracket. Good luck with your new Maverick.
Sponsored