First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar experience with my Explorer. 360 camera recall means it has a stop delivery. However, they already took my Saturn, so they let me borrow this until the Explorer is ready:

Ford Maverick Recall means sorry, you can't have that truck you bought 20230317_170217
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are they giving you some type of loaner to use?

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I find amazing is that there is no time during the assembly process or final rolls test in which this circuit is tested.

It seems like such a no-brainer to implement a 10 second inspection to validate trailer wiring, and it's just not done.

And now it will cost them millions, and upset thousands more customers.

OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No that won't work. Dealer can't report sold to Ford until the recall is completed. They can get in all sorts of trouble if they let you drive off with it w/ an open safety recall.

I don't know all of the timing...but they may have checked OASIS when they did the PDI (a day or two before you picked it up?), but the recall wasn't announced until after that?

I work at a dealership, and that has happened to us before. The vehicle was prepped the day before. The customer was due to come in to pick the vehicle up, but a "stop sale" recall was announced that morning. We noticed ahead of time, and had to postpone the delivery.

So it may not have been the dealer's fault, and just some bad timing. Or, they may have neglected to check OASIS like they should have during the PDI, and didn't notice until someone tried to report the vehicle sold on SmartVincent.
I went in off the street yesterday, test drove it,made the deal, was supposed to pick it up tomorrow. 10 min after leaving yesterday, I got the call that they were doing the PDI and the recall popped. There is no way they did their due diligence here. Thatā€™s what I hope. The only other alternative is to believe they saw me walk through the door and knew all this and decide to play games.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are all ā€˜23s within that date range actually impacted or is there a possibility the OPs truck actually works as intended?

If the dealership plugged a tester into the trailer receptacle and it works, couldnā€™t the dealer sell at that point? Iā€™m sure the dealer is as anxious to get the vehicle off their lot as the OP is to bring it home..

I believe that all MY23 EcoBoost Mavs with AWD & 4K Tow Pkg produced up to 2/10/2023 are affected. I have not been able to find a single hybrid VIN # that has the recall listed.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe that all MY23 EcoBoost Mavs with AWD & 4K Tow Pkg produced up to 2/10/2023 are affected. I have not been able to find a single hybrid VIN # that has the recall listed.
The recall documents have clarified that this is a 4K (7+4) problem only.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCLRPT-23V160-2575.PDF

The good news is, IMO, as someone who unknowingly became part of the discovery process, the repair does not seem to be very invasive. I would be surprised if it took more than 4-5 hours to make and validate the repair.

HRG

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So every single truck in the batch actually has the issue, or just potentially has the issue?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No that won't work. Dealer can't report sold to Ford until the recall is completed. They can get in all sorts of trouble if they let you drive off with it w/ an open safety recall.

I don't know all of the timing...but they may have checked OASIS when they did the PDI (a day or two before you picked it up?), but the recall wasn't announced until after that?

I work at a dealership, and that has happened to us before. The vehicle was prepped the day before. The customer was due to come in to pick the vehicle up, but a "stop sale" recall was announced that morning. We noticed ahead of time, and had to postpone the delivery.

So it may not have been the dealer's fault, and just some bad timing. Or, they may have neglected to check OASIS like they should have during the PDI, and didn't notice until someone tried to report the vehicle sold on SmartVincent.
That's funny.

I bought mine and drive away with an open air bag recall.

Seems there are different flavors of rules.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's funny.

I bought mine and drive away with an open air bag recall.

Seems there are different flavors of rules.
Yikes! They may just neglect reporting the vehicle to Ford. Or are ok risking a big fine....

Was this recent? Airbag parts can be ordered w/ signed buyers order. That certainly should have been taken care of before you drove off with it!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went in off the street yesterday, test drove it,made the deal, was supposed to pick it up tomorrow. 10 min after leaving yesterday, I got the call that they were doing the PDI and the recall popped. There is no way they did their due diligence here. Thatā€™s what I hope. The only other alternative is to believe they saw me walk through the door and knew all this and decide to play games.
Probably just a mistake/oversight. Sales reps are probably unlikely to check for recalls before going on test drives (and this one was fairly new). Looks like they did catch it during PDI, and at least you didn't drive off w/it after paying/signing papers?

I really doubt it was on purpose. Can't see how that would benefit them in any way!

I hope the the recall can be addressed quickly for you!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably just a mistake/oversight. Sales reps are probably unlikely to check for recalls before going on test drives (and this one was fairly new). Looks like they did catch it during PDI, and at least you didn't drive off w/it after paying/signing papers?

I really doubt it was on purpose. Can't see how that would benefit them in any way!

I hope the the recall can be addressed quickly for you!
I've slept on this for a couple of nights now and i've made peace with the fact that they might not have done this on purpose. I signed the sales contract and got finance approved but nothing else. I didn't do the old "sit with the finance guy" delivery dance of death yet so I haven't signed any loan closing papers. I do have to watch out for this going on long enough that they try to nail me for a higher rate... which the fed raised rates the day after I got approved.

As for the benefit to the dealer, they have a deposit and a deal in place with a customer who almost can't back out because there are nearly zero available. I wish they didn't catch it on PDI and let me drive off with it. then I'm using it and i'd bring it in when the parts came in. I have no intention of towing as any of my towables couldn't be towed by this toy anyway.

This is for work. Light repairs and project management. it's replacing my transit connect cargo that I'm passing down to one of my employees. Fortunately, for now I can use my personal vehicle which is a newer full size truck so it won't effect business.

I doubt this will be a short process. They said May which to me means by christmas If I'm lucky.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've slept on this for a couple of nights now and i've made peace with the fact that they might not have done this on purpose. I signed the sales contract and got finance approved but nothing else. I didn't do the old "sit with the finance guy" delivery dance of death yet so I haven't signed any loan closing papers. I do have to watch out for this going on long enough that they try to nail me for a higher rate... which the fed raised rates the day after I got approved.

As for the benefit to the dealer, they have a deposit and a deal in place with a customer who almost can't back out because there are nearly zero available. I wish they didn't catch it on PDI and let me drive off with it. then I'm using it and i'd bring it in when the parts came in. I have no intention of towing as any of my towables couldn't be towed by this toy anyway.

This is for work. Light repairs and project management. it's replacing my transit connect cargo that I'm passing down to one of my employees. Fortunately, for now I can use my personal vehicle which is a newer full size truck so it won't effect business.

I doubt this will be a short process. They said May which to me means by christmas If I'm lucky.
I hope it won't be too long. Ford says more info will be coming in 2nd quarter and we are almost there!! Sometimes they are late, sometimes they are early.

I don't deal with any of the finance stuff myself. I think rate approvals are usually good for 30 days.
Ford Credit does have some programs where approved rates can be held longer....but I don't know what the details are. Might be worth asking them if there is a way to lock in the rates while you are waiting for the recall.

OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it won't be too long. Ford says more info will be coming in 2nd quarter and we are almost there!! Sometimes they are late, sometimes they are early.

I don't deal with any of the finance stuff myself. I think rate approvals are usually good for 30 days.
Ford Credit does have some programs where approved rates can be held longer....but I don't know what the details are. Might be worth asking them if there is a way to lock in the rates while you are waiting for the recall.
so...update. I think it worked out for the best. The delay allowed me to bypass their stupid financing and had time to get approved through local Credit union. I was worried this was going so long the approval would expire but it was for 60 days.

Got a call from Dealer 2 days ago that they still don't have the parts to fix my gray XLT AWD and "we are definitely not more than a few weeks away" from getting them... whatever that means. However, they did just get in a white XL AWD which is what i wanted in the first place. I was settling on the higher optioned gray XLT. This vehicle is for me to use for my business and the rest of our vehicles are white.

So, I made the deal for 4k less for the white XL which has spray in bedliner as opposed to the drop in liner of the XLT. Steel wheels are ok as the plan was always for a lift and aftermarket wheels.

Going to have the dealer install the lift so i don't lose any warranty (I assume that... will get that in writing. if not, I'll take it somwhere else for the lift)
I didn't like their wheel/tire options so I'll get those myself. I like the fuel zephyr same as the ones on the lifted white maverick that Long-macarthur ford on youtube has.

The only thing I don't like about the XL besides the wheels is that the tailgate lock is manual and won't lock with the fob. I searched on this forum and found the solution to that lol..

In conclusion, I'm very happy how it worked out even though I had to work out of my 08 dodge plow truck for the last 40 days.... at 10mpg, with warped rotors, neverending check engine lights, and rides like a.... you guessed it... a plow truck lol.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy ending. My Explorer is still helping hold down the parking lot at the dealership two months later.

OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy ending. My Explorer is still helping hold down the parking lot at the dealership two months later.
In a related story, If you Live on Long Island there is a gray XLT AWD available at Newins Ford in Bayshore if you are willing to wait for it.
Sponsored