jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was about to call BS on the 15k out the door. No way in hell you are getting that unless the stealership has your last name on that.
Sponsored

jim442

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Subaru a 96 Mustang Cobra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but remember I got a couple unusual discounts-$1000 military from Ford,and X employee discount -only $250--and negotiated the dreaded dealer prep down from $799 to $75 also my hybrid I ordered coming in in about 2 weeks--already plan to buy it and resell-Vroom will give about $34000!-after I pay MSRP will be about the easiest $8K I ever made
UPDATE--my ordered hybrid due in to dealer any day,so I contacted them about still wanting it. Bombshell-sorry Mr Lincoln but we will not sell it for (the agreed upon) MSRP. Due to "allocations" and market conditions-will be $5-8K over MSRP,the manager told me.Sent an email to Ford about the issue-I know dealers are independent,but I had a written agreement when I ordered it last Sept.
Manager also using my already purchased Maverick as excuse-we already sold you one at MSRP (actually less,with all discounts) dont expect any help from Ford,but pisses me off-will give dealer a bad rating

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE--my ordered hybrid due in to dealer any day,so I contacted them about still wanting it. Bombshell-sorry Mr Lincoln but we will not sell it for (the agreed upon) MSRP. Due to "allocations" and market conditions-will be $5-8K over MSRP,the manager told me.Sent an email to Ford about the issue-I know dealers are independent,but I had a written agreement when I ordered it last Sept.
Manager also using my already purchased Maverick as excuse-we already sold you one at MSRP (actually less,with all discounts) dont expect any help from Ford,but pisses me off-will give dealer a bad rating
You may want to run that written by a legal expert. It may or may not form a 'contract' and be enforceable. There are three things to make a legal contract, and they know them by rote. I do not remember exactly. Money, something of value, meeting of the minds, written/signed, I don't remember.
But a lawyer would. Or look it up online. If they took a deposit, and you have a signed document, check further.
tom

jim442

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You may want to run that written by a legal expert. It may or may not form a 'contract' and be enforceable. There are three things to make a legal contract, and they know them by rote. I do not remember exactly. Money, something of value, meeting of the minds, written/signed, I don't remember.
But a lawyer would. Or look it up online. If they took a deposit, and you have a signed document, check further.
tom
thanks-already seen legal views on this problem on this forum-others had same problem. Even with a deposit (which I didnt do,and most didnt when they ordered) and with something in writing about your order,showing MSRP charges, the dealer isnot obligated to give you that,nor is Ford corporate obligated to help you. Dealers are independent and only have moral obligations about what to charge. You can give dealer a bad rating (which i will do) but that
t is about it. Maybe if a buyer is an attorney he could bring a law suit,but for these small amounts of $$$? probably not worth it. At least I have my new EB AWD Maverick-very happy with it-only gave up the high MPG-can live with that----Jim

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0EB and this transmission not entirely new to Ford. I'm a little hesitant on buying the very first year of a new hybrid drivetrain. I'm getting around 28mpg in mixed driving and that is fine for me.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2.0EB and this transmission not entirely new to Ford. I'm a little hesitant on buying the very first year of a new hybrid drivetrain. I'm getting around 28mpg in mixed driving and that is fine for me.
It's not new a new hybrid drivetrain by any means. The bulk of the powertrain in its current form dates back to the 4th gen full hybrid launch on 2020 Escape Hybrid. Even that is mostly just evolutionary of Ford's FHEV platform that's nearly two decades old by now - the engine and transmission are not clean sheet designs, but rather tweaks of what's been working.

Maverick's variant of the HF45 eCVT - mainly just a new electric motor - and a modified exhaust/heat exchanger debuted with 2022 Maverick hybrid. So, most of it was on its 3rd model year when Maverick launched, now going into the 5th year when 2024 Maverick assembly commences.

Maverick#

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT/ Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

AWD and I had two Escapes and both had the EB in them and I like the engine and had no problem with them

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did not want a CVT. Did not want FWD (yes I know its front wheel biased)
The mavs don't have CVT. They have eCVT which is completely different

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mavs don't have CVT. They have eCVT which is completely different
I can only note that I did not want a CVT either. The 'e' part of it was not really publicized until after I had placed an order. In retrospect, I am still glad I got an ecoboost as it is FUN to drive, and I can get 39.x mpg on highway trips if I attach a balloon to my right shoe. I have more hp than anything in the last decades of driving, so quiet while stopped, I can't tell if the engine is stopped or running without looking at the tach.
Glad I got what I got.
I still do not feel good about having an electric motor 'stalled' acting as a brake to effect gear changes. A stalled electric motor seems under high stress in my mind, and tends to overheat more than a running motor. I realize it was designed to be used this way, but it still does not seem 'normal' to me.
tom

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD and tow. Trips to remote areas of the Northwoods with all kinds of road conditions; assuming there is even a road. MPG is not a factor for me. And once it's out of warranty, I'll be tweaking the EB tune a bit.

Happy with my choice and would do it again.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I lived in a more urban area with significant stop and go traffic I'd have considered a hybrid. Rural areas or when the majority of your driving is highway driving the hybrid doesn't buy you that much more if any MPG. The other factor is I wound up needing the higher tow capacity so that automatically excluded a hybrid.

Kenj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted AWD, but equally important I had a CVT from another manufacturer and will never repeat that mistake

jim442

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted AWD, but equally important I had a CVT from another manufacturer and will never repeat that mistake
Havent heard of a CVT problem-what happened?

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
250HP, no need for "Sport Mode", 4K package, FX4.
I can tow way more than I plan to but can if I need.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I took the Tremor for a test drive, that was enough to convince me.
Sponsored