First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to me with our smart phones being used to control many features on modern vehicles such as remote lock/unlock/start as well as controlling the music and navigation, they could come up with an app that runs all the other crap they think they need those chips for. Just sayin...
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Speed2000

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can certainly agree with you, I don't have a clue how all that stuff works. I remember a time when the AM radio was about the only electronics a car had, and now it seems there's an app for everything.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Could be a chip for anything, such as operating the wipers when requested by the driver.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems to me with our smart phones being used to control many features on modern vehicles such as remote lock/unlock/start as well as controlling the music and navigation, they could come up with an app that runs all the other crap they think they need those chips for. Just sayin...
You'd suggest they configure the engine control computers with a smartphone app? Even if it was for the nav and music stuff only, I don't want a vehicle that requires a cellphone for operation. That might provide optional control but not primary needs. You'd be surprised all the things in a modern vehicle that require a chip.
Sponsored