Rear Parking Sensors?

BibBadBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I came across this post from a while ago. Can't believe my XLT with luxury package and co-pilot 360 doesn't have reverse sensors 😠
I agree. I have neck and back problems and I could really use rear parking sensors. Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to install aftermarket sensors? I bought a set but the instructions are in very small print and hard to follow. I would appreciate information from someone who has installed them on their Maverick.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '23 has it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2023 Maverick on Order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick Luxury package says it includes rear parking sensors. Does anyone know what that’s about?
The Rear Parking Sensors seem to be standard on about everything else and I like them. The camera lens is frequently covered with dust making it worthless but the backup sensors always seem to work. If they would save someone from backing over a kid then I think they are well worthwhile.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok bought a Lariat and mine does not beep either, do you think they left out a chip that wasn’t available and didn’t tell us?
For 23 you need Co-Pilot 360 Assist.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only if you were a fleet buyer.
I personally think it should be offered on all trims, fleet or not. The camera requires someone to actively be watching while the sensors don't. I think sensors are a better safety feature than the camera for that reason. Of course having both is the best situation, but you shouldn't have to purchase the highest trim with the highest options to get it.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok bought a Lariat and mine does not beep either, do you think they left out a chip that wasn’t available and didn’t tell us?
For 2023, they broke several items out of the Lariat Lux package. The Reverse Parking Sensors are now with Adaptive Cruise Control in the Copilot 360 ASSIST package.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Rear Parking Sensors seem to be standard on about everything else and I like them. The camera lens is frequently covered with dust making it worthless but the backup sensors always seem to work. If they would save someone from backing over a kid then I think they are well worthwhile.
It takes literally 3 seconds to use your thumb to wipe off any dust or water spots before you get in to drive.

You can be 'surprised' by a dirty camera exactly once. Then you know it's dirty and just wipe it clean before your next drive.

The sensors are unreliable, but if you have a clean camera, you shouldn't hit anything.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It goes nuts when you have the tailgate down and start to back into the garage. All it sees is the ground and tells you a crash is coming quickly LOL. First time it did it, scared the crap out of me until I figured out what was going on.

Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The sensors are unreliable, but if you have a clean camera, you shouldn't hit anything.
Tell that to my wife! We had both back up camera and rear sensors on our Transit Connect. She still managed to back into a tree. $3K damage: rear liftgate including glass, rear bumper, and new sensors. :ROFLMAO:

Nipperchipper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escape 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And no front parking sensors available on any trim level

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rear park sensors on the Maverick are a huge upgrade over the ones on our BMW I3 - Those blast off with anything within 3 feet and fail to do anything when needed like the short mom and daughter it almost let me back up over - Just saying

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think rear parking sensors are useless when you have a back-up camera. Far better to put this sensors on the front of the vehicle, where you have a blind spot in your view over the hood, and cannot see a parking bumper or other obstruction in the front, since there is no camera. PUT THESE PARKING SENSORS THERE.
Not useless trust me. There are things you think you can see but are closer than you think, especially things like the front hitch on a parked trailer. IIve hit one.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think a fleet order can get the rear sensors.
Read a lit of stuff on rear sensors. I haveva lux package. The back up camera, when in use is it. No sensor warnings. However, when someone walks behind the car, it does have a warning sensor that goes off. Very weird. I have hit walls with my tow hitch as it doesn't make any noise and it looks like red is still a bit away.
Sponsored