First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry man. Nope If you have a Hybrid you do not have AWD. Just FWD (Front Wheel Drive) Meaning No Rear Diff
I know what front wheel drive means.
Sponsored

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Lux FX4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know what front wheel drive means.
Okay. Well you thought you had a rear Diff. So I was making sure you didnt think FWD meant Four Wheel Drive; thats all.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not much but i put valvoline everywhere in all my cars to get rid of the oem fluid.

ford isn’t an oil company, they’re a car company. they build cars and push them out whereas valvoline ONLY makes oil so if their oil is bad, their company goes with it.

is why I’m changing the fluid so early
I’ve been planning on changing my rear axle fluid with Valvoline gear oil since I’m a Valvoline fanboy. However, the spec for the oil is “75W” and I have no idea what the “-xx” number is.

I’ve got a sampling kit from Blackstone to test a bottle of that fluid and I will post back here when I find out what viscosity it is as well as what they have to say about it.
Motocraft oil was used in the Ford GT that won the 24 hours of LeMans so it's good enough for me. I understand the oil stock used is Conoco Phillips but have no idea if Motocraft adds to that. However, I agree with you that not all oil (or gasoline) is created equal.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does the hybrid not have one in the rear? the ford guy told me it did and i figure it would have to
I really hope this is just a lame attempt at sarcasm, Mr engineer.... :lipssealed:

And you do realize the video you posted proves the exact opposite of your original claim? :crazy:

Sponsored

Richard2212

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fusion , 1984 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rear Axle should be 75W-140.
ps: I am a retired For Engineer. Good quality - clean Fluids are a good thing. Dirty Fluids are bad.

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah, so you think you know more than the Ford ...

ENGINEERS.
I really hope this is just a lame attempt at sarcasm, Mr engineer.... :lipssealed:

And you do realize the video you posted proves the exact opposite of your original claim? :crazy:
Well the "Ford Guy" told him it had a rear drive unit................ :crackup:

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is clutches in our RDUs. Use the Ford 75W RDU fluid, its formulated for it. You dont want to screw the clutches up.

My Ford rangers Rear differential I would throw whatever correct weight oil in it.

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rear Axle should be 75W-140.
ps: I am a retired For Engineer. Good quality - clean Fluids are a good thing. Dirty Fluids are bad.
Rear axle is straight 75w. Ford disconnect rear drive fluid.
There is clutches in our RDUs. Use the Ford 75W RDU fluid, its formulated for it. You dont want to screw the clutches up.

My Ford rangers Rear differential I would throw whatever correct weight oil in it.
OP has a hybrid, apparently. Will be easier to get under that truck and milk it like a cow than it will be to put fluid in an RDU...

Sponsored

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP has a hybrid, apparently. Will be easier to get under that truck and milk it like a cow than it will be to put fluid in an RDU...
Maybe Engineer OP should research a little more about his car, or better yet, take a look underneath it 😂

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe Engineer OP should research a little more about his car, or better yet, take a look underneath it 😂
real engineers usually specify their field. example, mom claimed domestic engineer. 😁

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya, He got irritated that I spelled out Front Wheel Drive. Instead of just leaving FWD. Figured he might have gotten confused with Four Wheel Drive. I mean; he thought he had a Hybrid AWD. :cwl:
I figured to not get them more confused I had better spell it out.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol...this thread has turned into a train wreck....

Ford Maverick Rear Diff Fluid Weight Report Screenshot 2024-04-03 1.24.30 PM
Sponsored