Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I commute 36mi each way to work on the highway and average usually around 80-85mph and with 245/65r17 tires and I see 22-23 avg mpg which I suppose is expected.. But I've only ever managed to get it just barely to 24 intentionally driving as conservatively as I can, which has been disappointing.
I was hoping that adding a tonneau cover would have helped streamline it a bit but it didn't seem to make much difference.

I will say I didn't think speed would affect it that much but I suppose I was wrong.
Try driving to work not exceeding 70 mi. per an hour and tell us what you get for mileage!!
Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
My Maverick has the 4K tow package. I suspect the lower final drive ratio would help fuel economy in city driving, but be slightly worse on the highway (higher engine rpm). As volksnuts was saying, there's likely a sweet spot. I usually cruise 100 to 105 km/h striving for good fuel economy.
Probably the high rolling resistance of the tread pattern and thick wobbly rubber accounts for most of the mpg loss second being the weigh stopping starting around town.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did my most recent tank of gas exclusively on Eco mode and used my truck for my daily commute to and from work with no deviation from my normal day to day route. It's a mix of highway/city with lots of stop and go traffic in the evenings.

I managed 26.4 mpg from this tank of gas. 25 miles to work, 25 miles back home. About 53 miles daily including stops for lunch and errands and whatnot. For me, this is perfectly fine for now, but I am considering ordering a MY23 Hybrid and trading this in down the road.

Just filled up this morning. Going to do the same routes, but on the normal drive mode and see how much different my gas mileage becomes.

After that, I'm going to do a tank of gas exclusively on Sports mode, and track those numbers as well. I am curious how much fun I can have driving in all these different modes and how many MPGs I have to sacrifice to get it.

EDIT: forgot to add.. this is on 87 octane. Cheap gas for a cheap truck! I do use the stop/start thing. Should I turn that off???

Enjoy your day everyone!

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did my most recent tank of gas exclusively on Eco mode and used my truck for my daily commute to and from work with no deviation from my normal day to day route. It's a mix of highway/city with lots of stop and go traffic in the evenings.

I managed 26.4 mpg from this tank of gas. 25 miles to work, 25 miles back home. About 53 miles daily including stops for lunch and errands and whatnot. For me, this is perfectly fine for now, but I am considering ordering a MY23 Hybrid and trading this in down the road.

Just filled up this morning. Going to do the same routes, but on the normal drive mode and see how much different my gas mileage becomes.

After that, I'm going to do a tank of gas exclusively on Sports mode, and track those numbers as well. I am curious how much fun I can have driving in all these different modes and how many MPGs I have to sacrifice to get it.

EDIT: forgot to add.. this is on 87 octane. Cheap gas for a cheap truck! I do use the stop/start thing. Should I turn that off???

Enjoy your day everyone!
" I do use the stop/start thing. Should I turn that off???"

I leave it on. If you're looking to improve your fuel economy, I think it makes a difference, especially in city driving, busy intersections with long lights, etc. I started using the Auto Hold feature a while back - I find that, and the Auto-Start-Stop work quite well.

I'm getting 28 mpg Imp/23.5ish mpg US in combined winter driving. I was getting 30 to 35+ mpg Imp before winter set in.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" I do use the stop/start thing. Should I turn that off???"

I leave it on. If you're looking to improve your fuel economy, I think it makes a difference, especially in city driving, busy intersections with long lights, etc. I started using the Auto Hold feature a while back - I find that, and the Auto-Start-Stop work quite well.

I'm getting 28 mpg Imp/23.5ish mpg US in combined winter driving. I was getting 30 to 35+ mpg Imp before winter set in.
Do you use Eco or just the regular normal mode? If I can get similar MPG to Eco from the normal mode, I'd much rather do that. More fun to drive for sure lol.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you use Eco or just the regular normal mode? If I can get similar MPG to Eco from the normal mode, I'd much rather do that. More fun to drive for sure lol.
I usually just leave it in normal mode, but when the roads are icy, I'll switch to slippery mode. I drive with fuel economy in mind, take it really easy. I've never tried eco mode, found it unnecessary, get decent fuel economy in normal. Compared to the thirsty Nissan Frontier we had, the Maverick is a real sipper.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Enjoy your day everyone!
FYI the ecoboost works better with higher octane
You’ll see better fuel economy with 92/93
Will it work fine on 87? Sure but it won’t be optimal

I’m still getting 30+ with combined driving (mostly freeway with light traffic so cruising 55-65)
93 octane exclusively

MaverickPR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD + tow pak. 25 hway/18 city on regular. I don’t feather the pedal.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 AWD 4K FX4 Lariat Lux 3,500 to over 5,000 elevation. Mainly highway, some interstate, some non-road. 87 only.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here mav pic

Sponsored

MORRISX5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1ST 1,000 miles averaged 19.6. 2ND 1,000 miles 25.6. Mostly city driving

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you done any hand calculations at the pump?
Yes it hovered around 3-5% lower than the computer. I've gotten over 30 at times between fill ups. But if I get into plowed fields it will drop to (according to the computer) around 5 MPG

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tested a trip from work to home since it’s my main drive. Caveat is I live in south Louisiana, no hills minus an incline going over the interstate. There was traffic at the beginning of my trip and I got stopped by a train at the end, but of course the car turns off when stopped. It was as low as 13 mpg in the beginning but got up to 36 in the middle.
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 71EFFD3A-51E6-4B5F-AC56-FE77EFE6142C

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd like to see what difference the 4K tow package influences this. Thick those with the 4K have a lower axle ratio.
Sponsored