Rail and Cleat system worth it?

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Is the OEM ford rail system worth the $400? Its my first truck so I'm not sure what use all of this stuff has. My dealer did not look out for me when reordering my 22 order over to a 23 order where they left out 4k towing package, and the SIBL and this cleat system. Part of it was my fault since I didn't look too closely and by the time I found out it was too late. Wondering if I should bother to get it, seems quite a bit for the rail and 2 cleats.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's free with the bed liner. The spray-in is $495 with promotion for the free rails, which is way under ordered.

Do think it's handy. Especially since I have a tri-fold tonneau cover so moving the cleats to just past the 1/3 part that leave on. Did this moving my daughter with another Ford truck as well.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
It's free with the bed liner. The spray-in is $495 with promotion for the free rails, which is way under ordered.

Do think it's handy. Especially since I have a tri-fold tonneau cover so moving the cleats to just past the 1/3 part that leave on. Did this moving my daughter with another Ford truck as well.
Like I stated it’s too late for that now, got my scheduled for production email 11/3 and didn’t want to mess with anything. It’s 20 mins away from my dealer right now waiting for final transport. So if I want it it’s $400 from the parts department.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like I stated it’s too late for that now, got my scheduled for production email 11/3 and didn’t want to mess with anything. It’s 20 mins away from my dealer right now waiting for final transport. So if I want it it’s $400 from the parts department.
Not worth it. First, you can do similar with some unistrut or aluminum channel. Also, you can get bed rails that mount on top of the rail. Similar idea, comes with 4 cleats, and is accessible when a tonneau is closed.

I'd get the Truxedo TS Rails for $180 instead.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldn’t pay that much for it. I believe even Ford has a video/instructions on making your own rails. I have seen posts here from people that did their rails; so search around the forum.
Cleats are an easy add too.

If it didn’t come with mine, I would not have gotten it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Not worth it. First, you can do similar with some unistrut or aluminum channel. Also, you can get bed rails that mount on top of the rail. Similar idea, comes with 4 cleats, and is accessible when a tonneau is closed.

I'd get the Truxedo TS Rails for $180 instead.
I’m still deciding what tonneau cover I want. I might get a retractable one with the rails but if I got hard folding I’ll probably get the ts rails.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've used them two times out of 4 times hauling stuff. So 50% utilization rate but only 2x in 4 months.

🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think they are "better" than typical fixed cleats tho.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like it. I'd say I use it most times I have to strap things down in the bed. Being able to quickly slide the cleats around is nice.

But I'm not sure it'd be worth it as a standalone option for $400. There are DIY options, though they may not be as handy to use

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not worth it IMO. I plan on using the factory holes and using V rings along both sides.

Heavy Duty Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors Rings Trailers Hook Cargo Bolt on V Ring Pickups Rail Accessories (10 Pack) https://a.co/d/bMhqPzG

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m still deciding what tonneau cover I want. I might get a retractable one with the rails but if I got hard folding I’ll probably get the ts rails.
If you get a bed rail system, these factory rails are really redundant at that point. I thought long and hard about ordering them and that's the conclusion I reached. For $150 maybe, but $300+ no.

Sponsored

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Like bighap i just bought some threaded eye hooks and threaded them in the bolt holes where the rail system would go.I don’t see why they need to slide back and forth.i wouldnt think i would put 200lbs of tension on them since the side of bed doesn’t appear to be but so strong .

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't think the rails are what you get free with SIBL- this was covered in other threads. You get the D ring system which is like $225 for free.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use mine all the time, they work well & are easy to use.

However, I would not pay $400 for them, I'd find a cheaper DIY option.

OleKennyRoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I added them and the SIBL to my Lariat order, and used my Ford points to order them from theoemparts.com. They should be here today.

If I had it to do again, I'd probably go the L-track route https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/installed-my-diy-bed-side-rails-today.26123/

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't think the rails are what you get free with SIBL- this was covered in other threads. You get the D ring system which is like $225 for free.
I think they’re called that on the order sheet, but it is the rail system.
Sponsored