Sponsored

Quality concerns on the existing builds with delayed arrival dates?

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't searched the stop ship term but that article points to a quality concern, which makes sense. I wonder how owners who already took delivery will be contacted - I'd have thought there would be posts from owners about recalls or whatever if that had happened already. Maybe it's just a certain batch of the trucks or something...
I've never gotten recall notices until after it's been in the press. Maybe stop sale, then press release, and by then owners would get notified...
Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I called today and the rail car is in New Orleans now. I'm not even convinced my Maverick is on there lol
Okay. You caught me. I did it. I took your truck. I stole it straight off the railcar. Just couldn't wait any longer. Lol

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I've been watching this forum pretty religiously in anticipation of my truck arriving. I've mostly been trying to be on the lookout for quality issues that multiple people are reporting, but it's seemed generally pretty positive.

My truck shipped 10/9, and was scheduled to arrive today. My dealer, when I reached out to them, reported the same as my tracker was showing. This morning, I received the following email from Ford. For them to suddenly bump delivery on a truck that is built and should already be here, I'm suspicious that there's an issue with current builds that they need to look into before they release the truck to me/the dealer. Has anyone else received a similar message or heard anything that may be related? I'm grateful for a built truck, but it does nobody any good if it's just being stored someplace. I'm kinda pissed that they waited till the last possible moment to send this update along, too...
Screenshot_20211106-075503_Gmail.jpg
My 2.0 Lariat was shipped also on October 9 with projected delivery of November 9. I received the following email this morning: “To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Maverick LARIAT is delivered to Leith Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of November 3, 2021, and November 9, 2021, has been updated to between December 6, 2021, and December 12, 2021.” I will try to find out the rail car number. It may be that something happened to our particular shipment.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I wonder if they're fixing the hood flutter. I don't recall seeing any other major quality issues that others have posted about (other then the unsightly welds where the driver side bed meets the window but that would be a massive undertaking to fix that and probably not worth it), unless they screwed something up at the factory and put out a few bad runs.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
My 2.0 Lariat was shipped also on October 9 with projected delivery of November 9. I received the following email this morning: “To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Maverick LARIAT is delivered to Leith Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of November 3, 2021, and November 9, 2021, has been updated to between December 6, 2021, and December 12, 2021.” I will try to find out the rail car number. It may be that something happened to our particular shipment.
Between what I've seen here and reddit, it seems like, at minimum, there's a problem with a week or two worth of Lariat builds from early October. Shame we'll prolly never know what it was unless they do a piss poor job of addressing their second attempt at building/QCing them.

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Between what I've seen here and reddit, it seems like, at minimum, there's a problem with a week or two worth of Lariat builds from early October. Shame we'll prolly never know what it was unless they do a piss poor job of addressing their second attempt at building/QCing them.
The rail car on which my
The rail car supposedly carrying my October 9 shipment is in Norfolk and I am waiting for it in Raleigh. My dealership says the holdup is that there are not enough workers in the rail yards.
The rail car on which my Maverick supposedly left Mexico is in Norfolk and I am waiting for it in Raleigh. My dealership says the holdup is because not enough workers are available at the rail yard. Maybe a month delay is n overestimate.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
The rail car on which my Maverick supposedly left Mexico is in Norfolk and I am waiting for it in Raleigh. My dealership says the holdup is because not enough workers are available at the rail yard. Maybe a month delay is n overestimate.
If such is the case, it's weird that emails read "To ensure your complete satisfaction..." That implies there is something they need to do to the vehicle before it is delivered.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frustrating to say the least. I would be heated from this and there is nothing you can do. File a complaint with the GM and Ford marketing at 800-334-4375 and see if you can get some Ford points for compensation. If I was in this position my car would already be sold and it would be though for my family to juggle only having 1 car.

They must have found something wrong with it. Maybe it doesn’t have all the chips, or missing a bigger component.
Or just wait a few days assuming that Ford and dealers also want to move your car and get paid.
Or maybe conplain, write to the ceo and they will fill your tires a bit more as a compensation.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Vehicles sit on lots for months before purchase.

Google "Dirt Mountain" for the Bronco. A few week delay is nothing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe, except mine wasn't (isn't) a lariat. Maybe it shipped with only high class brethren.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CSX says the rail car on which my truck was shipped is empty and is on the move. Does that mean my vehicle was off loaded and may get here soon? Was it never loaded on the car? No idea.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Stop Ship/Stop Sale happen often to all (probably not Rolls-Royce, Ferrari) manufactures.

2013 CMax SE were under a stop sale with cars on the lots, SEL's were not effected.
The SE's were built without some rollover padding in the roof, SEL's (ours was a SEL) that had the glass roof didnt get the extra padding.
It took several weeks to retrofit the padding.

GM and Hyundai use the same HV battery
Here's Hyundai's "stop sale"
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/12...3SSBvtml9sxMTHnsSkN48KTPIYjii-WE2uaNUjvysdkY1

Sure hope Ford hasn't started using LG Chem HV batteries.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered July 1, build week Oct 4, built noticed Oc 6. Did not get a shipping notice till Oct 19 with ETA 10/21 to 10/30. Came and went, got another letter from Ford now ETA is moved to ll/5 to 11/13. Dealer lookup, just shows its in transit and he has no ability to see where it is exactly. There is no stop order on it. Now tonight I log to the track and they have an ETA of 11/15. Truck is going on having been built for 6 weeks now and I still have no clue where it is. I am not happy about, but I cannot b ugly to the sale guy, he been the most helpful part of this process.

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I ordered July 1, build week Oct 4, built noticed Oc 6. Did not get a shipping notice till Oct 19 with ETA 10/21 to 10/30. Came and went, got another letter from Ford now ETA is moved to ll/5 to 11/13. Dealer lookup, just shows its in transit and he has no ability to see where it is exactly. There is no stop order on it. Now tonight I log to the track and they have an ETA of 11/15. Truck is going on having been built for 6 weeks now and I still have no clue where it is. I am not happy about, but I cannot b ugly to the sale guy, he been the most helpful part of this process.
I was in the same boat. Shipped 10/8 and delivery ETA kept getting pushed back. This past weekend I got an email that the new ETA was 12/8. Then bam! Yesterday my truck shows up. Stay patient. You're close!
Ford Maverick Quality concerns on the existing builds with delayed arrival dates? 20211110_194104
Sponsored