Sponsored

Why are people with VIN #'s getting build dates pushed / delayed?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually they have said it multiple times... but whatever
I'll be happy to stand corrected... IF you can post a link to Ford saying that.

That should be easy for you, since Ford has said it multiple times.

Don't go to too much trouble. Just one link will do...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
I believe all they are saying when they provide you with a VIN is you are moving along in the process and you now have a VIN.

I also believe if you honesty/seriously want real answers to these questions that you should ask Ford instead of a group of people that can only provide guesses at best. No one other than a Ford employee could answer any of those questions with any amount of certainty.

But I also believe that you did not make this post looking for real answers to these questions from a group of guessers, but rather to make a post letting us know about your unhappiness with your order. Hey, I'm with you. I'm not happy about the delays either. I also imagine that Ford is not happy either because they don't get my money until I get my truck.
Actually created the post because I wasnt getting answers from Ford directly or my dealer.... Figured there are a lot of smarter people then myself in my situation and might have other avenues to get their questions answered

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually created the post because I wasnt getting answers from Ford directly or my dealer.... Figured there are a lot of smarter people then myself in my situation and might have other avenues to get their questions answered
Well good luck. I don't do twitter but the only other idea I have for you is to hound Mike Levine with your questions on Twitter. I got my doubts about getting any response from him though. LoL

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not to sound like a jerk, but when did you order your hybrid ?
Mine was ordered on 6/25... only extras are a moonroof and sliding rear window... 3 weeks ago I got vin# and scheduled date of week of Dec 13, this past week it was pushed out to week of Dec 20 (christmas week)... Im guessing this thursday it will be pushed out to Jan 22
How did you hear? Did you get an email from Ford?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
I'll be happy to stand corrected... IF you can post a link to Ford saying that.

That should be easy for you, since Ford has said it multiple times.

Don't go to too much trouble. Just one link will do...
Maybe I will be the one being corrected.... What is your interpretation of this ?
Got this info when I called into Ford, unfortunatly nothing in writing

ricurt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer & Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a XL 4x4 with tow package on 07/20/21 got a notice of a build week of 10/25 and a vin#. just got a was built notice from Ford and a delivery between 12/10 & 12/16. Think mine is quicker because I didn't order a Hybrid, it's a XL & no bed liner or cover. Will add my own aftermarket. But who knows!?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I will be the one being corrected.... What is your interpretation of this ?
Got this info when I called into Ford, unfortunatly nothing in writing
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "this info." Did you leave something out of your post by mistake?

Or are you saying that someone at Ford told you this in a telephone conversation? (Multiple times, right?)

If that's all you've got I think we can just chalk it up to someone misunderstanding something.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Actually they have said it multiple times... but whatever
This. My salesman said this, the lady at Ford Marketing said this, and if it's not so, then just tell us. I understand the supply chain issue (boy, do I). But no one, short of people within this forum, have even given me any reasons for my delay. If they PLANNED on having the parts, but didn't, tell me. I sell parts for a living; I understand that. But don't tell me they have them, then tell me my build week has changed AGAIN, with no explanation of why.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
LOL, why give out schedule dates when everyone knows how freight and shipping is going these days.......... Poor decision making on Fords part
Second, my dealer did my order correct and Ford is saying my email is linked to my order and they have no idea why this is happening to so many people
Because Ford was told by their suppliers that their shipments would be sent on time but obviously they are not.

I'm not in on how the supply chain works for companies like Ford but I can tell you companies like mine are experiencing supply constraints.

Look at this invoice that I received from one of my distributors. Note the date ordered and the discrepancy between the shipped date. Get off your fucking high horse bro and realize no one is "Drinking the Kool-Aid". Supply constraints are a REAL thing for large companies like Ford and small companies like mine.
Ford Maverick Why are people with VIN #'s getting build dates pushed / delayed? IMG_20211009_144101439_HDR

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
Because Ford was told by their suppliers that their shipments would be sent on time but obviously they are not.

I'm not in on how the supply chain works for companies like Ford but I can tell you companies like mine are experiencing supply constraints.

Look at this invoice that I received from one of my distributors. Note the date ordered and the discrepancy between the shipped date. Get off your fucking high horse bro and realize no one is "Drinking the Kool-Aid". Supply constraints are a REAL thing for large companies like Ford and small companies like mine.
IMG_20211009_144101439_HDR.jpg
You are correct this Supply chain issue is a real thing and I feel really bad for small and medium size companies because its going to be very difficult for them to make things work
It was my understanding once Ford issued VIn#s they had all the product ready. I guess I was wrong on that assumption and they are scheduling off what they have on order and that is causing problems for everyone.
So to make a long story short, its getting frustrating hearing people ordering their hybrids months after me and getting build dates way before me
I work in distributing and we always work on FIFO as much as possible

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Does anyone have direct proof that fords suppliers said they would they would have supplies at said date but does not? A link would be nice, only one, no need to go out of your way.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone have direct proof that fords suppliers said they would they would have supplies at said date but does not? A link would be nice, only one, no need to go out of your way.
Given the current state of disruptions and delays in supply chains, I expect Ford doesn't think it's a good idea to throw suppliers under the bus.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Will someone please tell me if Im wrong, but Ford is saying if they issue you a VIN# then they have all the materials to assemble your vehicle ?

If so, Why are people with VIN#s getting build dates pushed out not just once but some 2,3 and 4 times ?

My second question is why cant a multi billion $$ company like Ford come up with answer why me and a ton of people arent getting update emails from them ?
As for your first question, it's probably the same reason that many of us with October build Ecoboosts have been waiting for over a month with our vehicles half built; because everything is crazy in the world right now and Ford is obviously having a ton of issues. At least you can fall back on the fact that with a hybrid, everyone has known for quite awhile that there were gonna be a ton of headaches with them, including the inability to even buy one.

With an Ecoboost, if you'd told me two months ago that it was gonna be mostly built in early October? I'd never have guessed I still wouldn't see it til December, especially since I'm about a 6 hour drive from the manufacturing plant.

As for the second question, Ford's tracking system is pretty trash. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also believe if you honesty/seriously want real answers to these questions that you should ask Ford instead of a group of people that can only provide guesses at best. No one other than a Ford employee could answer any of those questions with any amount of certainty.
Correct. But don’t expect a high level of certainty from Ford Employees either.
Sponsored