Sponsored

Why are people with VIN #'s getting build dates pushed / delayed?

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
Will someone please tell me if Im wrong, but Ford is saying if they issue you a VIN# then they have all the materials to assemble your vehicle ?

If so, Why are people with VIN#s getting build dates pushed out not just once but some 2,3 and 4 times ?

My second question is why cant a multi billion $$ company like Ford come up with answer why me and a ton of people arent getting update emails from them ?
Sponsored

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would also like to know that.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford operates like many companies on the just in time model. They schedule with the assumption that supplier a, b, and c say parts will be there on this date they will be able to proceed. What happens with all the shipping delays and commodity issues for most industries now you end up with company A taking a week extra to make the part company B has shipping delays and company C delivers on time for assembly.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Will someone please tell me if Im wrong, but Ford is saying if they issue you a VIN# then they have all the materials to assemble your vehicle ?

If so, Why are people with VIN#s getting build dates pushed out not just once but some 2,3 and 4 times ?

My second question is why cant a multi billion $$ company like Ford come up with answer why me and a ton of people arent getting update emails from them ?
Ford likely depends on weekly or monthly shipments arriving from it's suppliers to arrive on time therefore they can schedule vehicles weeks or months in advance to be built.

But what happens when you have severe disruptions to your supply chain and your suppliers are having trouble getting their parts to Ford on a regular schedule? It means you get delays in production. Both of which are out of Fords hands and their suppliers hands.

If you aren't getting emails from Ford then the dealer you ordered from messed up. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter what Ford marketing tells you. If you aren't getting email then your dealer did something wrong when they placed your order.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You are assigned a VIN # when your Maverick is Scheduled with a Build Week Date.

My Hybrid XLT Maverick was given a Build Week of 11/8 on 9/16, That was 7 weeks + 4 days in the future. Since then the factory building the Maverick was shut down 60% one week and 100% another week. That by itself pushes build date out. Because of that my build was pushed out twice by one week.

Then there are those ships waiting off the coast of LA with auto parts needed for builds.

With the delays and parts missing for builds it is clear why Ford is shuffling the build schedule. Those with parts not on hand get pushed back which opens up some holes for some later builds that have all the parts available getting moved forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
You are assigned a VIN # when your Maverick is Scheduled with a Build Week Date.

My Hybrid XLT Maverick was given a Build Week of 11/8 on 9/16, That was 7 weeks + 4 days in the future. Since then the factory building the Maverick was shut down 60% one week and 100% another week. That by itself pushes build date out. Because of that my build was pushed out twice by one week.

Then there are those ships waiting off the coast of LA with auto parts needed for builds.

With the delays and parts missing for builds it is clear why Ford is shuffling the build schedule. Those with parts not on hand get pushed back which opens up some holes for some later builds that have all the parts available getting moved forward.
not to sound like a jerk, but when did you order your hybrid ?
Mine was ordered on 6/25... only extras are a moonroof and sliding rear window... 3 weeks ago I got vin# and scheduled date of week of Dec 13, this past week it was pushed out to week of Dec 20 (christmas week)... Im guessing this thursday it will be pushed out to Jan 22

Deleted member 1370

Fantastic question and I’d love to know that answer. Even with a standalone spray in liner option for my ecoboost xlt and was scheduled for that week of November 1st. And we all know how that worked out for that batch of folks scheduled.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not to sound like a jerk, but when did you order your hybrid ?
Mine was ordered on 6/25... only extras are a moonroof and sliding rear window... 3 weeks ago I got vin# and scheduled date of week of Dec 13, this past week it was pushed out to week of Dec 20 (christmas week)... Im guessing this thursday it will be pushed out to Jan 22
It is plainly listed in my signature.

OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
Ford likely depends on weekly or monthly shipments arriving from it's suppliers to arrive on time therefore they can schedule vehicles weeks or months in advance to be built.

But what happens when you have severe disruptions to your supply chain and your suppliers are having trouble getting their parts to Ford on a regular schedule? It means you get delays in production. Both of which are out of Fords hands and their suppliers hands.

If you aren't getting emails from Ford then the dealer you ordered from messed up. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter what Ford marketing tells you. If you aren't getting email then your dealer did something wrong when they placed your order.
LOL, why give out schedule dates when everyone knows how freight and shipping is going these days.......... Poor decision making on Fords part
Second, my dealer did my order correct and Ford is saying my email is linked to my order and they have no idea why this is happening to so many people

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You completely overestimate the power of one company that has thousands of supplies and vendors. No one can control them all. Even if they made all their own parts, they would still need to deal with plenty of other companies that they don't control.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
It is plainly listed in my signature.
My bad.... You should feel lucky that you ordered end of august and got a build date on 9/16 for November

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You are certainly one of the lucky ones even with your delays AND having ordered a hybrid. I ordered a Turbo a week earlier than you, was originally given an 11/15 build week then moved to 11/22.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People have given more complex explanations of the build process above, but to put it simply...

No, that's not what getting a VIN means. Ford isn't saying (and hasn't said) that. Ever.

Does that help?

OP
OP

Tomsoxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy colorado
People have given more complex explanations of the build process above, but to put it simply...

No, that's not what getting a VIN means. Ford isn't saying (and hasn't said) that. Ever.

Does that help?
Actually they have said it multiple times... but whatever

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I believe all they are saying when they provide you with a VIN is you are moving along in the process and you now have a VIN.

I also believe if you honesty/seriously want real answers to these questions that you should ask Ford instead of a group of people that can only provide guesses at best. No one other than a Ford employee could answer any of those questions with any amount of certainty.

But I also believe that you did not make this post looking for real answers to these questions from a group of guessers, but rather to make a post letting us know about your unhappiness with your order. Hey, I'm with you. I'm not happy about the delays either. I also imagine that Ford is not happy either because they don't get my money until I get my truck.
Sponsored