Sponsored

Why are people with VIN #'s getting build dates pushed / delayed?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also every shutdown and stoppage delays those not built. There was once a rumor that the hybrid had to have something updated. That could also have something to do with it.
Sponsored

Trbrown

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I am. Is in my 8th production date change. I ordered October 9th 2021 and the most recent production schedule change has my build set for October 24th. The most recent email was sent midway through the very week they were supposed to have been building mine. I just spoke with Ford and they weee able to provide exactly zero I formation. No reason for the constant delay and no indication that it wouldn’t be pushed yet again. The only thing that was remotely helpful is that they said since I had a VIN it would be built at some point.

it’s hard to imagine That Iwould punt after all this time, but I am going to start looking for other options. Couldn’t be more disappointed after owning fords my whole life.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford operates like many companies on the just in time model. They schedule with the assumption that supplier a, b, and c say parts will be there on this date they will be able to proceed. What happens with all the shipping delays and commodity issues for most industries now you end up with company A taking a week extra to make the part company B has shipping delays and company C delivers on time for assembly.
That and outsourcing, the bright ideas of our education system and company "leaders". All of THEM are fat and happy.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That and outsourcing, the bright ideas of our education system and company "leaders". All of THEM are fat and happy.
Can't blame these problems on changes in outsourcing. Everyone knows the biggest constraint on vehicle manufacturing are the micro-chips. Ford has never manufactured micro-chips. Too specialized for them to take on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will someone please tell me if Im wrong, but Ford is saying if they issue you a VIN# then they have all the materials to assemble your vehicle ?

If so, Why are people with VIN#s getting build dates pushed out not just once but some 2,3 and 4 times ?

My second question is why cant a multi billion $$ company like Ford come up with answer why me and a ton of people arent getting update emails from them ?
Example: There are 30 Lariat Lux vehicles that were ordered months before any of the trucks that received VIns were ordered. They Lariat Lux vehicles are waiting for a certain chip/parts to arrive. Suddenly, Ford receives the needed chips/parts. These 30 Lariats are moved to the head of the line ahead of others because they were ordered earlier. This moves all other vehicles to later dates.

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't blame these problems on changes in outsourcing. Everyone knows the biggest constraint on vehicle manufacturing are the micro-chips. Ford has never manufactured micro-chips. Too specialized for them to take on.
Don't forget Ford also has constraints on bed liners and Ford badges. And bed extenders, and tonneau covers, and communication, although they forgot to list that under the constraints. Likely due to internal miscommunication. 🤣

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will someone please tell me if Im wrong, but Ford is saying if they issue you a VIN# then they have all the materials to assemble your vehicle ?

If so, Why are people with VIN#s getting build dates pushed out not just once but some 2,3 and 4 times ?

My second question is why cant a multi billion $$ company like Ford come up with answer why me and a ton of people arent getting update emails from them ?
It doesn't mean that have all the parts. With the idiocy of just in time and outsourcing it means IF everything goes perfectly, they will have the parts "just in time". But, it never goes perfectly and here we are.