2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only 1000 over, dealership was good to work with
if you are okay - could you break it down please. My dealer is adding nontax fee, docu fee etc which comes to a $1000 for a ordered unit.
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My concern is torque steer. Or is that what you guys mean about "traction issues?"
Yeah, I don't get the question, either. It's only 250 horsepower. If there's enough power to break the front tires loose when accelerating, then maybe don't floor it pulling away from traffic lights and use a lighter foot on wet/slippery roads. :unsure:

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any chance you have a rear facing car seat and could post a photo of it in the back seat?

Benc3aptos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing,
how does the factory stereo sound in that cab? Are the speakers enough?

guerro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F250HD
Thank you, I have the XLT EB ordered with the 360 co-pilot and really hated the square look I was seeing of the adaptive cruise control. Glad mine won't have that and the truck will be clean looking from the front.
I believe the sensors are there. See below. Not as obtrusive as some of the earlier photos and maybe the higher trim grill? Also, there are sensors in the tail lights for the BLIS as well.

Nice pickup. I am really considering one of these for a daily driver. I think the XLT is the sweet spot for these.

Ford Maverick Purchased this XLT 2.0 EcoBoost FWD, what questions do you have? 1633386779129

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the sensors are there. See below. Not as obtrusive as some of the earlier photos and maybe the higher trim grill? Also, there are sensors in the tail lights for the BLIS as well.

Nice pickup. I am really considering one of these for a daily driver. I think the XLT is the sweet spot for these.

1633386779129.png
That's just a support. And the BLIS radar sensors are behind the lower bumper cover, not in the tail lights.

OP
OP
Skytash

Skytash

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
How’s the actual ride quality on rough roads?
Ride is good, I can’t really explain it other than it’s smooth, kinda like you crossed a full size truck with a jeep, it uses coil springs for the suspension and not leaf springs so it’s not stiff going over bumps

OP
OP
Skytash

Skytash

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
if you are okay - could you break it down please. My dealer is adding nontax fee, docu fee etc which comes to a $1000 for a ordered unit.
My dealership just charged a 1000 dollar over msrp because this was a dealer ordered vehicle because I couldn’t wait for my ordered hybrid, all my other fees were taxes and registration fee for the DMV

Un Branded

First Name
Renzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius x 2
Hey guys, I purchased a XLT EB from a local dealer who dealer ordered one since my hybrid order was getting delayed and I couldn’t wait! If you have any questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer them!

my truck is a XLT in cactus gray
2.0 eco boost, FWD
Ford360
Trailer hitch
Weaterliners

75237E1C-EEF6-4143-8E3B-B5B3143A42AC.jpeg
I got a text from that Dealer that they had one on the lot. I waited too long to come see it, you Lucky Dog :)

OP
OP
Skytash

Skytash

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I got a text from that Dealer that they had one on the lot. I waited too long to come see it, you Lucky Dog :)
Hop on shop.ford and start scoping out the dealers, a lot of them said they had dealer ordered vehicles probably coming in later this month

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One concern I have is...the shortest route to take on a necessary weekly drive has two freeway approaches with short ramps and merging lanes...so how is the acceleration? Can you merge w/o drama?
(The only road review of the Mav I have seen noted the 2.0 is slower than the Santa Cruz 2.5T.)
Dude, it's gonna have no problem.

@clavicus is right. The difference, if any, between the Maverick and Santa Cruz is much more likely due to driver input/skill than anything that you could actually discern. We are seeing times for 0-60 range from low 6s to just below 7s. We are literally talking about a difference in snapping your fingers here.

Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Kia Rio Cinco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys, I purchased a XLT EB from a local dealer who dealer ordered one since my hybrid order was getting delayed and I couldn’t wait! If you have any questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer them!

my truck is a XLT in cactus gray
2.0 eco boost, FWD
Ford360
Trailer hitch
Weaterliners

75237E1C-EEF6-4143-8E3B-B5B3143A42AC.jpeg
The door handles inside ,is the orange material hard plastic or soft rubbery?Same question about the orange parts on the console? I myself do not like the orange and will probably paint if the parts are hard plastic.Regards and thanks,Bill

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If possible, can you measure this full 2x6 opening near the tail gate? Curious on the max height. Thank you

Ford Maverick Purchased this XLT 2.0 EcoBoost FWD, what questions do you have? 1633451476523

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was this known from the start or did they tack this on once it was delivered?

Disregard: I just noticed that you said this was not your order and was dealer stock. In that case, only $1,000 over is pretty reasonable.
But the dealer will make big bucks there in CA when the Hybrid arrives unless the person that ordered buys it.

OP
OP
Skytash

Skytash

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
The door handles inside ,is the orange material hard plastic or soft rubbery?Same question about the orange parts on the console? I myself do not like the orange and will probably paint if the parts are hard plastic.Regards and thanks,Bill
Handles are hard plastic, as well as the portions on the vents, the portions in the console are rubber and lift out, they are a removable piece if you spill or something
Sponsored