First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you. I will move forward to Granger Ford soon.
I couldn't find any honest dealership near me. Yesterday I got a call from another Ford dealership, and he asked me to buy an XL without any option of $30000. and he said "you never get a maverick with 360,trailer hitch under $30000"
Ford Maverick pros help me please 20240517_122935
Sponsored

OP
OP

sammy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan cube
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was my quote for the 24 hybrid xlt without the upgrade package. That was an additional $2250.
It looks like a great quote.

When did you get the quote?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jebadent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeb Mcmanners
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 mav eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I remember correctly, the acquisition fee that shows up on the Ford website assumes a lease rather than a purchase. It shouldn't be there for anyone who isn't leasing.
No acquisition fee for a finance. 995 anti theft whatever is b.s. only thing legit ttl anything else is fluf.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Protection plan = junk fee unless you want it.
Options = CP 360 = $650, hitch = $100, so that is the going price
Destination charge = Standard charge to all of us
Acquisition fee = Junk fee and strangly FoMoCo puts it on their website in the build and price process. Ignore it.
Non-tax fee - Is it something common in your area? Seems like a junk fee but each state has different fees.

Inventory is building up. You can save yourself time by going to the ford.com website-->trucks-->Maverick--> build and price--> search inventory and perhaps find one in stock online.

Then contact that dealer by email - they call it their "internet department", and negotiate price. Ask them to itemize in writing all the charges and fees that goes into the "out the door" price.

Don't waste time and gas driving to a dealer. You can set this all up by email. Email several dealers at one time. Play one off against the other.

Be willing to drive out of your area to get it. Your local dealer will service it and honor the warranty.

Approach it like playing a game. Except you don't know the rules, the rules aren't published anywhere and the dealer changes the non-existant rules by telling you lies.
yep - around me my dealer has about 12 hyb Mavs in stock and half of them are base and selling at mspr at 27K or less, there definitely is more inventory out there now

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with all the advice on here. Run away from that dealer.

$645 acquisition fee is for leases only NA for you
$245 non tax fee is bull sh*t
$995 protection plan is Bull sh*t

$1595 Destination charge is legitimate from Ford

Tax and title are legitimate just do your math and know that they aren't inflating this. Easy to look up the state sales tax and title fees on Google. Don't just look up State sales tax. Here in Mississippi sales tax is different on cars then say Walmart items. Look up State sales tax on car.

A dealer doc fee is pretty standard for the industry but varies by area. I paid $425 for mine in Mississippi but it is just profit for the dealership and can sometimes be negotiated. Also shop around the area.

Don't say you plan to pay cash. Dealers make a lot if not most of their profit from the finance and insurance office. On Granger Ford's website if you look at a new Maverick it says right on there $1000 off if you finance through them. Like said earlier get an out the door price in writing before saying your paying cash or just finance it and pay it off in a month or Two. Make sure there is no penalty for early payoff if you go this route.

You may have more negotiation power on price if they think they will make up the difference in financing. Also anything else the dealership offers in the finance office stay away from. GAP insurance for example can usually be bought through your insurance carrier much cheaper. If you want an extended warranty lol up Granger Ford in Kansas and it can be bought online.
Destination charge is legitimate but it’s included in MSRP so if they list it as a separate item they are charging you twice.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't take a photo of the final offer paper, there were many subjects to add to charge $$$ like doc fee, tax, and 2~3 more. I thought such thing is TTL. so I did not mention them.
I wrote here only for which I certain charge amount $$$ remember subjects .
If you don't mind a road trip, I bought my XLT Hybrid from Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY for invoice (about $600 below MSRP). The only additional charges were $175 dealer fee and $12.50 30-day temp tag to get me back to Florida. Total charges: $187.50. I then paid Florida sales tax and DMV tag fees when I returned home. Compared to what the "stealerships" wanted here in the Tampa Bay area, what I saved in NY paid for the flight up and the entire trip back (stops in Charlottesville, VA and Savannah with overnight stays) and still hundreds of dollars left over.

If you order the vehicle the price is invoice for everyone, not just me (I'm a former employee of Van Bortel). They have an excellent reputation and will email you a complete quote; ask for Steve Miller.

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got a quote from a dealership.

I was trying to make an order Maverick Hybrid 24 with copilot 360, Trailer hitch.

the dealer gave me a quote:

MSRP $ 25420
Vehicle protection plan $ 995
options $ 750
Destination charges $ 1595
Acquisition Fee $ 645
non tax fee $245
etc..

so I remember OTD(edited) was $32,500.

I said I have plan to pay with cash and TOD expectation was around $30,000.
The dealer did not mention those fees until I visit their office.
and she said they are non negotiable to order new maverick.

I understand there is TTL, but I do not know about Vehicle protection plan and non tax fee
Are they mandatory fees? or just hidden fee or ADM?
I never did on my maverick,and never do on anything pay extra for a " protection plan". They should remove that for you!

OP
OP

sammy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan cube
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never did on my maverick, and never do on anything that paid extra for a " protection plan". They should remove that for you!
Regretfully, the dealer made it clear that this is their dealership policy and that it cannot be changed. so I left them.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost