olddevildog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Cactus Grey EB XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh.. I just made a similar build quote from the Ford website.. I wasn't sure about the quote I had, but you gave me a similar answer, so I have standard TOD now. Thank you.
I wonder May I add the trailer hitch later?
if I choose without trailer hitch option, then the maverick will be impossible to add an aftermarket trailer hitch? I am not sure what I just described
Not impossible to add but for $100 for just the hitch and 4pin the difference in price is negligent/
Sponsored

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, I just joined this forum and I am looking for Maverick hybrid..
Currently, I am living in Houston Texas. I searched Truecar, Edmund, carfax, and carmax.
I think most of them were more overpriced than thought, even used cars expensive than new cars MSRP.

I have no experience purchasing a new car, even so those prices is too much for me.
I read about 2024 Maverick now charges hybrid +1500, so I wish to order 2023 Hybrid XL.
I do not much drive and do not many times have an offroad trip.
so not necessarily AWD. I am okay with FWD.

I added my email address couples of dealership website and I got many calls and emails..
and I found their inventory mavericks usually 28K~35K price range regardless their trim.
I had a test drive with a nearby Ford dealer, it was 2024 Maverick XL.
The Odometer was over 1K, I am not sure is this mileage can be considered as a 'new car'?
The dealer called 30k for the truck.

so here is my issue:

• I do not know about ordering a new car with MSRP(google said $22595).
  • How I can find a reliable Ford dealer without playing a game.
Please give me any advice.
Thank you.
I used the Build It on the Ford Website, and called the dealer that I like. It is Jim Click Ford in Tucson, AZ! (I know, that doesn’t help you, but) They placed my order to my specifications, and honored the MSRP on the Build Sheet.

I don’t know if you can still work that, as mine was a 2023, but it worked like a charm for me. I got exactly what I ordered, at exactly the MSRP that was listed on the Build Sheet.

(I knew, and allowed the “Dealer Prep” because it included tinted windows, clear door edge trim and door handle cups, stupidnitrogenfilledtires, and “free”
Maintenance-for-Life.)

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I just joined this forum and I am looking for Maverick hybrid..
Currently, I am living in Houston Texas. I searched Truecar, Edmund, carfax, and carmax.
I think most of them were more overpriced than thought, even used cars expensive than new cars MSRP.

I have no experience purchasing a new car, even so those prices is too much for me.
I read about 2024 Maverick now charges hybrid +1500, so I wish to order 2023 Hybrid XL.
I do not much drive and do not many times have an offroad trip.
so not necessarily AWD. I am okay with FWD.

I added my email address couples of dealership website and I got many calls and emails..
and I found their inventory mavericks usually 28K~35K price range regardless their trim.
I had a test drive with a nearby Ford dealer, it was 2024 Maverick XL.
The Odometer was over 1K, I am not sure is this mileage can be considered as a 'new car'?
The dealer called 30k for the truck.

so here is my issue:

• I do not know about ordering a new car with MSRP(google said $22595).
  • How I can find a reliable Ford dealer without playing a game.
Please give me any advice.
Thank you.
Try Long McArthur - they have a large inventory. Yes, Dorothy, they are in Kansas but they are honest. The drive home to TX will be a fun vaca.

Supply is catching up with demand. You should shop, negotiate online. Don't waste time driving around and wasting time. It can be arranged online and finalized in person. You can tell them you won't pay a $699 dealer fee. That is a junk fee. Once there, check the paperwork details as they may slip in fees and extras.

By shop I mean make a list of dealers on a yellow legal pad, methodically check their inventory of new vehicles online, spot one you like, click on the "view window sticker" so you can see the options, email the dealer, ask for an ITEMIZED list of fees, taxes and charges and the out the door price.

Don't fall for add-ons like tracking devices, sealant, a pedicure for the tires. Just buy the truck plus mandatory fees applicable to your state.

Also go to the Ford website and do an online build of the vehicle you want with the accessories you want. Study and learn about the product because sales people don't know and will blow smoke up your arse.

Get the factory $100 hitch. Good for resale even if you don't use it.

You stated you do very little driving. Perhaps the premium for a hybrid will not payoff for a very very long time. The 2.0 Ecoboost is less money and easier to find/buy. Just a thought.

Last edited:

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

sammy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan cube
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try Long McArthur - they have a large inventory. Yes, Dorothy, they are in Kansas but they are honest. The drive home to TX will be a fun vaca.

Supply is catching up with demand. You should shop, negotiate online. Don't waste time driving around.

By shop I mean make a list of dealers on a yellow legal pad, methodically check their inventory of new vehicles online, spot one you like, click on the "view window sticker" so you can see the options, email the dealer, ask for an ITEMIZED list of fees, taxes and charges and the out the door price.

Don't fall for add-ons like tracking devices, sealant, a pedicure for the tires. Just buy the truck plus mandatory fees applicable to your state.

Also go to the Ford website and do an online build of the vehicle you want with the accessories you want. Study and learn about the product because sales people don't know and will blow smoke up your arse.

You stated you do very little driving. Perhaps the premium for a hybrid will not payoff for a very very long time. The 2.0 Ecoboost is less money and easier to find/buy.
I mean I drive usually for my commute 20-25mins .. a time drive to visit my family per bi weekly, the round trip is 2hours. is that not enough to get benefits from a hybrid?

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I may use this maverick for a 20~30min commute every day, Does the hybrid still need more drive time?
20-30 minutes is fine. But, can you afford to buy one is the question.

OP
OP

sammy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan cube
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20-30 minutes is fine. But, can you afford to buy one is the question.
Now I can expect 28000, I remember at the first time I read about a maverick, it was under 20000. it was a famous truck under 20000 with hybrid model .. after inflation.. I can see the common price is almost 30000 and the used truck is more expensive than the new truck!
Considering inflation, nevertheless, I still feel it is too much, do we still suffer from semiconductor shortage for production?

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know. I sold them my 23 Maverick 2.0L for $2700 more than I paid out the door so I could buy my 23 Maverick Hybrid when it came in 7 months later. I saw they listed it for $34,990 and sold when price dropped to $31,990 in just over a month.
Gene, I'm very curious, as they bought TWO cars from me. They asked $34,990 for your car. HOW MUCH DID THEY GIVE YOU FOR IT?

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gene, I'm very curious, as they bought TWO cars from me. They asked $34,990 for your car. HOW MUCH DID THEY GIVE YOU FOR IT?
$30,000

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're in the driver seat as far as negotiating a price over the phone...the last 8 cars I purchased (both new and used) were ordered over the phone....price confirmed and showed up with a check for the dealer's quoted price. What I'd look out for if I were you, is What will your State Sale tax/Tag cost be, I saved $250 buy getting my own license tag when I got home. But my Sales Tax and license tag was $1,800. If I needed to finance the taxes I'd probably save a little more cash before buying. Don't want any surprises.

I paid 2% below MSRP. The Maverick is now advertised on national TV shows so it seems that Ford is making more than they have sold...so dealers should have some price flexibility.... and the Caravana type Resalers should have lower prices. Bigger cities will usually have less flexibility on prices.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean I drive usually for my commute 20-25mins .. a time drive to visit my family per bi weekly, the round trip is 2hours. is that not enough to get benefits from a hybrid?
The hybrid gets slightly better mpg.

Ford Maverick pros please help .. mav mpg.PNG

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now I can expect 28000, I remember at the first time I read about a maverick, it was under 20000. it was a famous truck under 20000 with hybrid model .. after inflation.. I can see the common price is almost 30000 and the used truck is more expensive than the new truck!
Considering inflation, nevertheless, I still feel it is too much, do we still suffer from semiconductor shortage for production?
The actual introductory price was $19,995 but included a ~$1500 fee that brought it up to approximately $21,500. It's been popular enough that Ford has raised the prices ever since. Ford makes more money on more expensive vehicles so they don't seem to have increased the amount of Mavericks built to keep up with demand.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford makes more money on more expensive vehicles so they don't seem to have increased the amount of Mavericks built to keep up with demand.
They've increased production quite substantially, in fact. Last month was almost triple what they were producing two years ago.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ecoboost still gets excellent gas mileage
Makes even more sense to go eco now that the hybrid has a premium
Plus the ecoboost is more fun
My fwd eco got low 30’s, my AWD eco gets 28ish
That seems like a no brainer to someone on a budget

As far as Houston dealers, Tommie Vaughn (talk to Andy) is great to deal with

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The actual introductory price was $19,995 but included a ~$1500 fee that brought it up to approximately $21,500. It's been popular enough that Ford has raised the prices ever since. Ford makes more money on more expensive vehicles so they don't seem to have increased the amount of Mavericks built to keep up with demand.
Merchandizing is a cutthroat business; they probably teach this in college Marketing 101. The first year the Jeep Grand Cherokee came out it was a gigantic hit at $28,000. My wife and I wanted to get one, but we though that we'd wait until next year when we were in a little better financial shape. The next year, our model was $33,000, and we never looked that way again. The first day Olive Garden came to our town, the serving portions would "bring tears to the eyes of a boa constrictor." Six months later, the portions were ONE HALF the size of opening-day servings. I got my 2022 XL at the advertised $19,995, and I knew damn well that it wouldn't be that price in 2023. I wonder what it is now, as I understand that the hybrid is a $1500 OPTION!!! Criminal. Just criminal.
Sponsored