Sponsored

Problem with Mabett bed divider

Donwood

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on a tear instaling Mabett products recently that I"ve had for over a year. Two weeks ago I did fender flares, mud flaps, and rear wheel splash covers.

I moved on to the Mabett bed divider I recieved as a Christmas gift but just got around to trying to install it. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like the divider itself is too wide to fit between the brackets. Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations?

I have 24 Lariat hybrid which has the factory spray in bed liner and the factory rails. The video on the mabett YouTube channel looks like it was on a spray-in bedliner so I wouldn't think that would be the issue. When I loosened up the factory installed rails, I noticed there is a 3/16 inch "spacer washer" behind them. I've considered replacing those with a thinner fender washer but Al said that was a bad idea due to metal on metal in an area where water could get to it and suggested nylon washers. I'm considering it but hoping other have experience with this and can make some suggetions.

Ford Maverick Problem with Mabett bed divider PXL_20260831_223627540


Ford Maverick Problem with Mabett bed divider PXL_20260831_223637926


Ford Maverick Problem with Mabett bed divider PXL_20260903_233807293


Ford Maverick Problem with Mabett bed divider PXL_20260903_233758316
Sponsored

 

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Threads
113
Messages
4,705
Reaction score
9,115
Location
West Chicago, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Those spacer/washers behind the rails allow the "pins" from the sliding cleats to pass thru and engage. If you don't use the cleats, you can remove the washers.

HRG
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,665
Reaction score
15,784
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like the divider is upside down and in the wrong place. Looks like a good divider
Upside down, wrong place?
Ford Maverick Problem with Mabett bed divider 20260909_074043


Looks to me like it's just like the picture🤷‍♂️
I've been on a tear instaling Mabett products recently.....
....I moved on to the Mabett bed divider I recieved as a Christmas gift but just got around to trying to install . I'm considering it but hoping other have experience with this and can make some suggetions.
PXL_20260831_223637926.webp
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

Ben51

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Ben
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
23
Reaction score
37
Location
Longmont, CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same issue. I moved one side forward of the other a few inches, then inserted the screws. After it was attached on both sides, I was able to move the sliders so that the divider was perpendicular to the sides of the bed.

That wasn't my biggest issue. The threadlock on the rail screws was excessive and I couldn't remove one of the screws. Had to drill it out. I then tried to get replacement screws from the Ford dealer. Apparently, there are not stocked. The only way to get them was to buy the rail kit for $420. I found a similar screw online, but haven't tried it yet. Not sure the cleats will clear.
 
OP
OP
Donwood

Donwood

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those spacer/washers behind the rails allow the "pins" from the sliding cleats to pass thru and engage. If you don't use the cleats, you can remove the washers.

HRG
Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm hoping to keep the sliding cleats but we'll see.
Don
 
OP
OP
Donwood

Donwood

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same issue. I moved one side forward of the other a few inches, then inserted the screws. After it was attached on both sides, I was able to move the sliders so that the divider was perpendicular to the sides of the bed.

That wasn't my biggest issue. The threadlock on the rail screws was excessive and I couldn't remove one of the screws. Had to drill it out. I then tried to get replacement screws from the Ford dealer. Apparently, there are not stocked. The only way to get them was to buy the rail kit for $420. I found a similar screw online, but haven't tried it yet. Not sure the cleats will clear.
Thanks for the suggestion. I might try that after I share the measurements with Mabett and see what they say. I had an issue with one screw and had to drill it out. I got these but am not sure they won't block the cleats or divider from sliding: https://a.co/d/0dj2yP6d
Don
 

Hootbro

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
May 18, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
288
Reaction score
869
Location
Delaware
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be why they have discontinued it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top