First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one by the tailgate and one on top of the wheel wells. Sometimes the board on the wells slides out. Any ideas? I want the ability to quickly remove it with out tools.
Screw a piece of 1x3 to the bottom side of the board just inside the wheel well on both sides, that should keep it from sliding side to side.
Sponsored

Farleyman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Chevelle, 66 mustang, 64 nova.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a board across mine, and made two wooden boxes and etched ford maverick on them. It amazes me how the folks on this site are so creative.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks IMG_2707

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks IMG_2705

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used black foam insulation strips on the ends of my wooden divider so it doesn't scratch the paint. Wouldn't matter with a bed liner but a divider board will mar a painted bed.

I have a Rough Country rubber bed mat and nothing slides around on it even when taking sharp corners. That really surprised me. It's so heavy it lays flat and doesn't move at interstate speeds with the tonneau cover rolled up.

Last edited:

Jorah_L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat, 2013 Maxima, 2009 V-Star 1300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the ideas in this thread, particularly the setup for hauling 4'x8' stock, and will set that up eventually. For groceries, I am trying this idea, using a nylon strap I had on hand. I threaded it through the 'bottle openers' near the tailgate and put some old hooks and large carabiners from my junk box. I first tried a bit of old rope, but it sagged badly when the humidity changed.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks PXL_20231202_142234077

View of the carabiners. These are large enough that I was able to clip in two propane tanks (one per clip) to get them home from the hardware store.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks PXL_20231202_142238806

This shows where I tied off the bitter end of the strap so as to avoid flapping.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks PXL_20231202_142248157

Here you can see the gripper mechanism that holds tension on the strap, the two old hooks threaded into the strap, and several chain links and the carabiner clips.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's a great idea. I had not thought about it doubling as a support structure. The reason for adding the handles was to pull it out easier if I needed to load something larger. I will check to see if the 2 x 8 (7 1/4" actual height) is the same as the wheel wells. If so, then just unlatching the 2 x 4 and removing it will make a great support structure to carry plywood etc. Another thing I thought about, and will probably change this week, is using eyelets instead of open hooks and attaching carabiners to them to secure bags.
Eyelets would be more secure, but won't there be rattles from the carabiners?
Sponsored