Sponsored

Please, please consider securing your load responsibly.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I did not see the strap which is really "securing" the SUV, I might have thought is was the result of a rear ender with the SUV not stopping quickly enough. Stay Safe!!!!

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really makes you wonder where each end of the strap is hooked..... o_O

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really makes you wonder where each end of the strap is hooked..... o_O
Probably just hooked to the suvs bumper.

How they thought a 200-300lb ratchet strap would hold it.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who in their right mind would think any real thought was put into this?

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Okay so that is a standard 10,000lb ratchet strap I am sure. There are two main issues aside from the weight capacity of what looks like the single tire rear axle Chevy 3500 van. They are probably over weight by about 1500lb or so. I have done worse but only for short distances. The other main issue is the hooks on the end of that strap. They are typically a bent rod hook, while hefty, they are not locked on to anything. Unless they had the foresight to wrap the strap around and through itself or use shackles, the load shifting and cycling of the Izuzus suspension will allow the hooks to come loose. The other issue is where it is attached up top. The lower end of the strap appears to go to the rear bumper which is probably fairly solid. The upper end doesnt really have anywhere to go up there that would support more than one or two thousand pounds at most. It is also likely that that hook on the end is just hooked to the aluminum lip at the front of the box. None of that is good. The whole thing is hilarious considering one of the thing Uhaul is famous for renting is a VEHICLE DOLLY!

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We can all over-criticize based off this picture. Although this is not something I would ever try in a “hold my beer while I try this” moment. There are Lots of assumptions going on.

Is there even an engine or drivetrain in it? it Could just be the shell of the vehicle.

Whom ever did this, their Redneck powers are strong and I hope no-one was hurt.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We can all over-criticize based off this picture. Although this is not something I would ever try in a “hold my beer while I try this” moment. There are Lots of assumptions going on.

Is there even an engine or drivetrain in it? it Could just be the shell of the vehicle.
Don't have to assume anything:

From the article:

State Patrol Trooper John Bryant posted about it being pulled over on Highway 97, north of Okanogan.

The driver was cited for failing to secure a load, which resulted in a $139 fine, KXLY reported.

In addition, the driver didn’t have a valid license and the U-Haul was long overdue.

Why is that not surprising to me.

Whoever did this, their Redneck powers are strong and I hope no-one was hurt.
Do Redneck's exist everywhere because this happened in Okanogan, in north-central Washington?

From the article:

People in Okanogan, in north-central Washington, have been seeing a U-Haul with an SUV hanging out of the back for the past couple of days. The only thing keeping it from falling out was a packing strap.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's awesome. Glad I did not see that. I would have been laughing so hard an accident may have occurred.

Apparently adding a car hauler rental to the truck was too expensive. Maybe the ticket will be a $$ saver

Sponsored

Tking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Subaru Legacy Outback & '86 F250 4x4 6.9 idi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't have to assume anything:

From the article:

State Patrol Trooper John Bryant posted about it being pulled over on Highway 97, north of Okanogan.

The driver was cited for failing to secure a load, which resulted in a $139 fine, KXLY reported.

In addition, the driver didn’t have a valid license and the U-Haul was long overdue.

Why is that not surprising to me.

Do Redneck's exist everywhere because this happened in Okanogan, in north-central Washington?

From the article:

People in Okanogan, in north-central Washington, have been seeing a U-Haul with an SUV hanging out of the back for the past couple of days. The only thing keeping it from falling out was a packing strap.
Yes they do, especially in Okanagan county. I lived there for many years.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

From the article:

Yes they do, here in Wisconsin they were few of them in the 80's, now we have more than our fair share, & they breed like rabbits.
That guy could have still stuffed a lot of boxes on the roof of the SUV, that's wasted space.
Sponsored