Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed my "Shanmu" pedals tonight... as noted by others, attaching the gas pedal is challenging, I just let it sit out in the sun for a half hour or so which helped a lot.

Gotta love the product description:

"After installation, the pedals are more shiny and easy to get attention from others."

Ford Maverick Plastic gas pedal ? Maverick_pedals_01

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just had a car with rust in the gas tank. Went thru a lot of work and money to replace it. Wish it had been plastic like my Buick and my motorcycle.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I got the brake pad and gas pedal redone with the metal/rubber replacements. Then while on ebay I noticed the similarity of the look of the Mustang Mach driver side foot rest pad to the brake and gas pedal. Roughly the Maverick measures at 4 inches x 13 inches. So I ordered it. Self-stick adhesion. This will be interesting.

Sponsored

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
A lot of after market options available:
Ford Maverick Plastic gas pedal ? 1656611684148

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got the brake pad and gas pedal redone with the metal/rubber replacements. Then while on ebay I noticed the similarity of the look of the Mustang Mach driver side foot rest pad to the brake and gas pedal. Roughly the Maverick measures at 4 inches x 13 inches. So I ordered it. Self-stick adhesion. This will be interesting.
Let us know how it goes and please post a link the the ebay page

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Installed my "Shanmu" pedals tonight... as noted by others, attaching the gas pedal is challenging, I just let it sit out in the sun for a half hour or so which helped a lot.

Gotta love the product description:

"After installation, the pedals are more shiny and easy to get attention from others."

Maverick_pedals_01.jpg
I ordered these also and received them a couple of days ago. Don't know if you noticed but the bottom rubber strip on the brake pedal is not solid, it is hollow and gives quite a bit when you put your finger on it, so it's not very thick. Unfortunately it is going to wear a hole right through after a while because it is not solid rubber. I'm going to get some black RTV and try to fill the hollow backspace before install. May make it last longer.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered these also and received them a couple of days ago. Don't know if you noticed but the bottom rubber strip on the brake pedal is not solid, it is hollow and gives quite a bit when you put your finger on it, so it's not very thick. Unfortunately it is going to wear a hole right through after a while because it is not solid rubber. I'm going to get some black RTV and try to fill the hollow backspace before install. May make it last longer.
Those look bad- Did get a jacked up set ?

TopCoder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the "Shanmu" as well, well just the GAS Pedal, I'll do the brake another day. I felt like my foot was slipping off the gas and wanted to tackle the hard one first.

I have a heat gun and heated it prior to installation and it went on really easy, no struggling. I was afraid I would have a hard time. But following other suggestions and heating it up prior to installation made it a breeze, even a hair dryer will most likely work wonders.

Sponsored

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Plastic gas pedal ? 1665434737276