Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just was looking at the gas pedal on our Lariat/FX4 and its just tiny plastic without a rubber footprint - Am I missing a piece ?

Thx-
Sponsored

Cutta

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Nope, seems like plastic to me (XLT/FX4). Sorry if the photo is upside down.
Ford Maverick Plastic gas pedal ? 730FC3D6-407C-47EA-B75F-0D1591CF5AB7

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plastic is disrespected way too often these days. Thermoplastics and composites can actually outperform steel and aluminum in a lot of applications. Longer lasting, lighter, stronger, cheaper. They're starting to take over cars because they're such a no-brainer.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This gas pedal is in desperate need of a hard rubber overlay. Aftermarket please to the rescue !

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think the gas pedal looks cheap, look at the intake manifold on the engine and it gets hotter than the pedal. My wife's 2003 Focus had a plastic intake and it developed a vacume leak. Took it to Ford dealer. They broke the original plastic intake manifold fixing the leak. That repair was on them. Lucky me. Reality is that more things, not less, will be molded in plastic.

Maybe glue some rubber on the pedal. Start your own business making them and pedal your wares.

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Without a doubt the gas pedal is cheap. I replaced both the gas pedal and the brake pedal with much better looking pads that also fit the Bronco. No screws or glue. The rubber brake pad easily came off, the new nicer one just slide into place very securely. The gas pedal doesn't it have a cover, it is what it is...so you slide the new one over top and it has been very secure. I plan also to put a driver side foot rest in place as well. The new pads are metal with horizontal rubber strips, I was amazed at how much better the interior looks! Ebay had the stuff I got.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LMAO. My response to that is then go buy a comparably equipped F-150 Crew cab XLT Hybrid 4x2 with the High Lux package (gotta buy this one to get the heated seats, etc ). Price: $55,500 out the door. One can by two Mav XLT Hybrids with lux for that!!! Choice is theirs. Granted, the F-150 offers more here and there but it should for that kind of money.

Besides, I prefer the word frugal. :) Cheap is way too harsh a term.

Last edited:

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Without a doubt the gas pedal is cheap. I replaced both the gas pedal and the brake pedal with much better looking pads that also fit the Bronco. No screws or glue. The rubber brake pad easily came off, the new nicer one just slide into place very securely. The gas pedal doesn't it have a cover, it is what it is...so you slide the new one over top and it has been very secure. I plan also to put a driver side foot rest in place as well. The new pads are metal with horizontal rubber strips, I was amazed at how much better the interior looks! Ebay had the stuff I got.
Do you have part numbers?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got any pics of that?
Sponsored