Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did my own. It was fun.

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7857.JPG
That scallop/inset in the front of the driver/passenger window near the mirror sure is a challenge with pinstriping. I was wondering how people would work with that obstruction and pinstriping.
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I followed creases where I could. Funny that Ford fender and doors don't follow each other. I had to follow the dip on the doors. Made the most sense. At first I took the line on the front fenders all the way around the hood. Didn't like that so put end on each side and did the inner lines on the hood. It looked better to me. The tailgate need more than the top pinstripe so added the lower one. Happy I did. For the bottom of the door ridge I really want something wide there so still looking rather than just put another thin/thick line down low. I did put white door edge guards on the front doors because things are tight in my garage and I often have to put the door against my other car to get out easier.

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did my own. It was fun.

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7857.JPG
I really like what you did with this. Is that pinstripe a double or did you have to do two stripes independent. If you did man it looks good.

If you ordered them online can you send the link? I would need a different color but I like that style.

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I ever get mine I will have it done. Painted, not stick on. I have a local guy who has been doing it for around 40 years. He did my last 2 F150s. It cost me $350 to do my 2018 F150, but I was very happy with the look.

And it is old school stuff to have done. Not many of the younger people seem to have it done any more.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like what you did with this. Is that pinstripe a double or did you have to do two stripes independent. If you did man it looks good.

If you ordered them online can you send the link? I would need a different color but I like that style.
Thanks, I'm not good enough to put 2 separate lines down. It was double line tape which you peel off the back side and run the tape where you want it. You can lift if a couple of times if you make a mistake and have not rubbed it in place. Once you press it all down by rubbing it firmly a top layer is peeled off leaving just the two tape lines. It does stretch around corners with the top clear spacing layer still on it. Best if temps are 65-75 I think. This is the 5th car/truck I have done.

I went to Autoparts stores here in town. Brand was Prostripe number R32002AT which has 1/16 and 1/8 stripes of black with 1/8inch between them and is 40Ft long. Many colors and line widths exist but Autoparts stores may only car a few colors that are the most popular. Many brands exist and Amazon sells many variations of them too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
This looks really good on the Oxford White. I'm going to do this when mine comes in. 8 dollars on Amazon will buy you about 30 feet of this stuff. It's easy to work with. Did my vespa a few years ago. I'll probably buy 60 feet of it so I can mess up a few times. I was contemplating the larger graphics but I think this is more my style. Thanks for sharing.

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone do this on a Velocity Blue yet? I was thinking either White Stripes, or even Black/Red

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guilla, I saw a velocity blue one and I loved it just the way it was I wouldn't do anything to it. On his side note a thin white pinstripe may look really good. Good luck.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So people still pinstripe cars? Isn’t that something they did in the 80’s/90’s?

not my cup of tea.
Not to date myself, but I did pinstripes on my '69 Mustang.

Sponsored

Livinthedream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had very few cars that I haven't put stripes on. I used 1/2" Deep Sea Blue with 1/4" silver pins to give it the 60's & 70"s chrome accent.

Ford Maverick Pinstriping - DIY or dealer or ? ocean_view

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm afraid I copied you. Thanks for the idea! I love how it looks on my hot pepper red!
PXL_20220514_211712079.jpg
I like pin-striping, but surprised you and the OP didn't put lettering on the tailgate.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm afraid I copied you. Thanks for the idea! I love how it looks on my hot pepper red!
If I had a red truck, I would have used gold like you did ( I think that is gold as I am color blind).

Good Job

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like pin-striping, but surprised you and the OP didn't put lettering on the tailgate.

I bought a new white SVT Mustang Cobra and did put the black lettering in the rear bumper. Only 316 built in white in 2004. I'm not sure I want to at this point.

I did put other things on my truck.

Ford Maverick Pinstriping - DIY or dealer or ? IMG_8190.JPG
Ford Maverick Pinstriping - DIY or dealer or ? IMG_7899.JPG
Sponsored