Sponsored

Any DIY ideas or projects anybody planning?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a crazy idea.... You know those inductive Coleman coolers.... Do you think it's possible to take the chilling element out of that and turn the storage cubbies into a cooler of sorts?
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I mention it in another thread but yeah …
As I have previously stated I went with the XLT Lux 360 because of my broken back, MS, and necrotizing fasciitis wound placement (right glute) safety and the lessened ability to move my neck highly motivated these decisions. Plus the 8 way drivers seat gives me slightly more room for my torso and to adjust to my back plus brace.

this obviously does not apply to everyone and sadly of the 4 members of our foundation, I am in the best condition to drive

the additional tie downs in the rear also allow for bag storage and tie downs for my chair.

will probably build a custom hard tonneau with a strong center rail and pop up hatches for each bag type and ablo locks. Heck my chair alone has a higher CoR than the Maverick at 35k$
]
As I have previously stated I went with the XLT Lux 360 because of my broken back, MS, and necrotizing fasciitis wound placement (right glute) safety and the lessened ability to move my neck highly motivated these decisions. Plus the 8 way drivers seat gives me slightly more room for my torso and to adjust to my back plus brace.

this obviously does not apply to everyone and sadly of the 4 members of our foundation, I am in the best condition to drive

the additional tie downs in the rear also allow for bag storage and tie downs for my chair.

will probably build a custom hard tonneau with a strong center rail and pop up hatches for each bag type and ablo locks. Heck my chair alone has a higher CoR than the Maverick at 35k$

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Thinking about taking back seat out and diy a seat delete platform like the one goose gear makes for jeep gladiator.
Have you heard if they will be coming up with a seat delete for the Maverick?

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you heard if they will be coming up with a seat delete for the Maverick?
I reached out to them and the gist of the answer was: We are putting all of our resources in the key players of adventure/overlanding. IE: Toyota products (4runner/tacoma) Jeep (Gladiator and 4 door wrangler) Fourwheeler project M camper and competitors. They mentioned they are eyeing the new Frontier as the next new product they have on radar since it is going directly at the Tacoma buyer and it is getting great press. This is the next truck I would really like (Extended cab) besides the Maverick.

The Goose Gear products are top notch and have a top notch price so I would not be a buyer. The 50% seat delete for Tacoma/40% seat delete for Jeep products start at $495.

I will go DIY route in hopes it can make it portable so the few times 4 people want to take the Maverick I can switch over if it isn't too time consuming.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to them and the gist of the answer was: We are putting all of our resources in the key players of adventure/overlanding. IE: Toyota products (4runner/tacoma) Jeep (Gladiator and 4 door wrangler) Fourwheeler project M camper and competitors. They mentioned they are eyeing the new Frontier as the next new product they have on radar since it is going directly at the Tacoma buyer and it is getting great press. This is the next truck I would really like (Extended cab) besides the Maverick.

The Goose Gear products are top notch and have a top notch price so I would not be a buyer. The 50% seat delete for Tacoma/40% seat delete for Jeep products start at $495.

I will go DIY route in hopes it can make it portable so the few times 4 people want to take the Maverick I can switch over if it isn't too time consuming.
Okay, thanks. Wish I had that skill set.

Sponsored

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, thanks. Wish I had that skill set.
Give it a go. I am not even close to being a carpenter but have learned by accident. A good tape measure and carboard template does wonders. Then get the plywood, trace the cuts and us a router for weird cuts. Screw and glue it together. Sand it. Apply quality hinges. Viola!!!!!

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Give it a go. I am not even close to being a carpenter but have learned by accident. A good tape measure and carboard template does wonders. Then get the plywood, trace the cuts and us a router for weird cuts. Screw and glue it together. Sand it. Apply quality hinges. Viola!!!!!
Nice. I have seen a few good DIYs for rear seat deletes. One person wrapped his in carpet and it looked like it belonged back there. Definitely a good route. Will be interested to see yours if you complete it.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately it would be rather expensive for me to be a DIY'er. I lost all my tools and equipment in my divorce. While I was in Iraq, she had a garage sale and sold everything and maybe made a $100. Just can't bring myself to buy thousands of dollars of tools again.

But I like your thinking.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not directly related to the bed. I built my own boat, similar to a canoe, but it’s long and narrow (it would stick out 8-1/2’ beyond the tailgate). I trailer it now, even though it only weighs 85 lbs. Would like to build the boat in the drawing, both ends detach and nest in the center section. The center section is 48” x 54” a perfect fit inside the Maverick bed! No trailer needed!

5A31D9DF-4844-4447-8E46-DFF3A7B6C842.jpeg

1687AF36-B482-4500-B8A5-1BAAFFC8EB67.jpeg
CLC?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3rd project::
Blacking out the grill/headlamp trim with plasticote. Also blacking out the FORD ovals since I work for a competitor.

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will leave the window tinting to the pros who did my last cars (Sun Shade Window Tinting on Van Dyke in Warren, MI were awesome.)
Sponsored