Sponsored

Any DIY ideas or projects anybody planning?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't mind having some lights somewhere on the grill or bumper. Maybe a backup light too. I was thinking of building some divider with a few hooks for holding up grocery bags in the bed. Of course, with a DIY tonneau folding cover.
Yeah, you've got that vertical slot near the back of the bed that you could easily slide in a 2x10 and throw some hooks on it. Simple and cheap
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been thinking about how to make the bed larger, specifically taller. I wonder if there is a way to use the side rails to attach some plywood on hinges so you could flip them up vertically when needed.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been thinking about how to make the bed larger, specifically taller. I wonder if there is a way to use the side rails to attach some plywood on hinges so you could flip them up vertically when needed.
Yes but you would cover up the rails when they were down which would prevent rails from being used for anything else.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am doing my own rails for the bed and will probably do custom dividers to put my tools and ladder when I have to go to a job out of state with eyelets in different places to lock the tool boxes and coolers to.
Consider making a bubba hoop jail cover out of a 5'x16' galv horse panel (2"x4" #6 wire welded at crossings). Would be real test to get it bent and cut end pieces cut and attached. Would probably be easier to make a flat cover at height you need.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First little project will be to make permanent "tethers" for the storage hole box "lids". I know they will get blown off and lost.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
First little project will be to make permanent "tethers" for the storage hole box "lids". I know they will get blown off and lost.
Long time before I get my Hybrid but I'm interested in what you come up with. Please share.
Thanks in advance.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to put together a 12v transfer pump box for my garden. I have rain barrels tied to gutters on the shed (this is on a seperate property, no running water) but isn't always enough water for 5+ days no rain. My plan is to be able to fill up water in a large barrel/container at the house in the truck bed and then use this to transfer it to my rain barrels or some new storage at the garden property. I have already wired the shed for 12v solar, so could just utilize that to transfer from the truck but this is too fun to resist.

Not a project as I have already completed it, but I have taken a pelican water tight case and installed a 25w ham radio setup inside. It has build in white and red LED lighting, usb ports for charging portable radios, and spacing for 12v sealed lead acid batteries to run it. It's runs off 12v and will easily accept the pigtails off the maverick. I can lower the tailgate and transmit within minutes. I take this case when like-minded family and friends go camping and hiking. Now I don't need to keep batteries inside to run it, only if I intend to take it away from the truck :)

Last edited:

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still not sure how but I’m going to find a way to fit 7’ + fishing poles in the bed securely

SactoJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0EB First Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still not sure how but I’m going to find a way to fit 7’ + fishing poles in the bed securely
I am also an Angler and when I am not fishing out of my boat I need to be able to haul my rods securely. I also fish off shore, either on long range boats out of southern California or off my friend boats up here in Norther California quite a bit too, so I also need the space for large Ice chests and gear.

I have started to make a double deck bed. I have cut 2x4s that sit in the horizontal slots and I will soon fit plywood on top that rest on the 2X4s and the upper lip in the bed. I will paint them all with bed liner paint, once built.

My rods and tackle bags will go underneath, with the rods in rod tubes that I will build out of PVC, I will install anchors on the PVC tubes to secure to the tie downs in the bed and tailgate, with the tailgate in the semi open position. My ice chests and other bulkier gear can go on top, secured to my bed rail tie downs. Basically I am trying to make a DIY version of the deck bed they sell at https://decked.com/ with rod tubes in instead of drawer pull outs.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also an Angler and when I am not fishing out of my boat I need to be able to haul my rods securely. I also fish off shore, either on long range boats out of southern California or off my friend boats up here in Norther California quite a bit too, so I also need the space for large Ice chests and gear.

I have started to make a double deck bed. I have cut 2x4s that sit in the horizontal slots and I will soon fit plywood on top that rest on the 2X4s and the upper lip in the bed. I will paint them all with bed liner paint, once built.

My rods and tackle bags will go underneath, with the rods in rod tubes that I will build out of PVC, I will install anchors on the PVC tubes to secure to the tie downs in the bed and tailgate, with the tailgate in the semi open position. My ice chests and other bulkier gear can go on top, secured to my bed rail tie downs. Basically I am trying to make a DIY version of the deck bed they sell at https://decked.com/ with rod tubes in instead of drawer pull outs.
And then what’s the plan for the rod length? Stick out of the back?

Sponsored

jasonduke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I make my own bed rails and can make custom partitions for my tools and ladders, and when I need to go out of state to work, I use eyelets to lock toolboxes and refrigerators in various locations.

Deleted member 6544

I reached out to them and the gist of the answer was: We are putting all of our resources in the key players of adventure/overlanding. IE: Toyota products (4runner/tacoma) Jeep (Gladiator and 4 door wrangler) Fourwheeler project M camper and competitors. They mentioned they are eyeing the new Frontier as the next new product they have on radar since it is going directly at the Tacoma buyer and it is getting great press. This is the next truck I would really like (Extended cab) besides the Maverick.

The Goose Gear products are top notch and have a top notch price so I would not be a buyer. The 50% seat delete for Tacoma/40% seat delete for Jeep products start at $495.

I will go DIY route in hopes it can make it portable so the few times 4 people want to take the Maverick I can switch over if it isn't too time consuming.
If you do please document. I think my pup would enjoy that more than a seat.

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I think that’s the only real way, but in tubes it will be ok
I plan on making one of these like I have in my f150 to put in the bed. It's removable and keeps the rods separated and up in the air so I can put other stuff in the bed and the rods not get broke.

Ford Maverick Any DIY ideas or projects anybody planning? PXL_20211122_170443213

Ford Maverick Any DIY ideas or projects anybody planning? PXL_20211122_170456840

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on making one of these like I have in my f150 to put in the bed. It's removable and keeps the rods separated and up in the air so I can put other stuff in the bed and the rods not get broke.

PXL_20211122_170443213.jpg

PXL_20211122_170456840.jpg
That's... a missile launcher.
Sponsored