Sponsored

Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
First off, Happy 4th of july everybody !!!!
Now for my question. Mudflaps. RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any other brands, and why? Please show installed pix too.

I like the moulded Ford ones, but not the logo imbossed on them. I also like the RokBloks for their additional coverage and no hole drilling required.

Which set did you go with and why? My truck will be here around mid september, and theres some stuff I would like to put on and in it right away. Mudflaps are one such item.

Thanks in advance
Matt
Sponsored

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First off, Happy 4th of july everybody !!!!
Now for my question. Mudflaps. RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any other brands, and why? Please show installed pix too.

I like the moulded Ford ones, but not the logo imbossed on them. I also like the RokBloks for their additional coverage and no hole drilling required.

Which set did you go with and why? My truck will be here around mid september, and theres some stuff I would like to put on and in it right away. Mudflaps are one such item.

Thanks in advance
Matt
Rokblox. I didn’t like how the molded ones installed (seems to rub paint, good guess for me) and I didn’t like the coverage. Especially in the rear. Big gaps underneath. The Ford molded flaps seems to be aesthetic where the Rokblox seem to be better at stopping debris.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
I probably should also state, it is an AWD on order, and I plan on dropping it. The tires will be 245/55R18. The rims will be a +35mm offset. I like the extra coverage of the RokBloks, but like the intergratedness of the ford ones. Being I dont plan on going offroad with this truck, I am wondering if the ford ones would be just enough coverage for what I plan on using it for.

Sponsored

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RokBloks are the way to go. Looks great on the Maverick and are actually functional.

I'm not off-roading either, but it does help keep you truck cleaner (if only marginally) and holds up well in snow/ice. You are able to adjust how far down the mudflaps go as well, so if you are dropping the truck you can raise them up higher.

Find the picture of the ford mudflaps from the perspective of underneath the truck, that picture alone will make your decision for you.

Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? PXL_20220115_181551984

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
RokBloks are the way to go. Looks great on the Maverick and are actually functional.

I'm not off-roading either, but it does help keep you truck cleaner (if only marginally) and holds up well in snow/ice. You are able to adjust how far down the mudflaps go as well, so if you are dropping the truck you can raise them up higher.

Find the picture of the ford mudflaps from the perspective of underneath the truck, that picture alone will make your decision for you.

PXL_20220115_181551984.jpg
Those look good. May have to get the RB logo in dark grey or black. I'm not a big logo fan.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with the ford mudflaps only because I used my points to buy them. I assumed that they would be sufficient and, so far, they have.

Super easy to install ( I drilled one hole) and I think they look good. I'm an urbanite and like you, my truck won't get too far off the beaten path.

Any flaps will help to keep your truck cleaner than not having them.
If you play in the dirt, you're gonna get dirty, mud flaps or not.

Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? 1657114865569
Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? 1657114887988

Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? 1657115074498
Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? 1657115116844

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Weathertech is also making flaps, though I have not seen pix of theirs yet. I am not into any mudflaps with logos on them, that's why I'm on the fence with the Ford and RokBloks

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought they were expensive, but read a bunch of good things about it so ordered RokBlokz, still waiting for shipping, not a fan of logos, so I went with Black logo on Black (I read you can flip them and able to hid logo if you'd want to).

As to why I didn't go with FoMoCo, the are molded and will eventually rub the paint off (sources I found on here), there's still an empty gap at the rear wheels, have to drill a hole.

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RocBloks , they cover a large portion of the open area on drivers side. After driving down wet gravel road (in Dec.)
Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? IMG_20220706_105609
then noticing mud come out of around drivers side taillight, I knew I didn't want to be throwing salt and snow up in there. RocBloks were the solution. I've also added a cubby on that side of the truck.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For you RokBlokz owners. They do not come in contact with the paint, front or rear, right? I installed the Ford molded flaps and it seems it will only be a matter of time before they rub the paint off.

I think there'll be some RokBlokz in my future.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the ford mudflaps only because I used my points to buy them. I assumed that they would be sufficient and, so far, they have.
Keep an eye on them, there's been a few members here that report the OEM Ford flaps will wear away your paint where mounted. might be bad installations but wouldn't hurt to put some felt between the flap and your paint.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For you RokBlokz owners. They do not come in contact with the paint, front or rear, right? I installed the Ford molded flaps and it seems it will only be a matter of time before they rub the paint off.

I think there'll be some RokBlokz in my future.
No contact to the paint with the RokBlokz. They rest on the wheel well liners. Unlike the FoMoCo splash guards, no drilling required.

Reactions: wjg

Deleted member 9167

Keep an eye on them, there's been a few members here that report the OEM Ford flaps will wear away your paint where mounted. might be bad installations but wouldn't hurt to put some felt between the flap and your paint.
Me!

OP I've had both. Started with the OEM Ford flaps. Got them with my Ford points. Installed myself and they were wearing off the paint (search my thread).

Rokblokz don't come in contact with the paint at all and are just as easy to install. They are overpriced, but I think they do the job better in terms of coverage for debris.

Ford Maverick Mudflaps RokBloks, or FoMoCo flaps or any others? PXL_20220623_223121495
Sponsored