First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My reasoning for my Maverick order, 3 reasons. Currently I own a 2018 Jeep Renegade which does not good mileage in my opinion (19MPG/28MPG I have been tracking my mileage and the gas I have been putting in the Renegade including octane each fill up since the day I drove it off the lot. ), I can’t move the kinds of things I need to on occasions and although this is the 3rd new vehicle I have purchased at this dealership I have had nothing but horrible experience after experience with the sales team and service department over and over again after having purchased this current Renegade.

So the jump to the Maverick will hopefully have Real solutions to all three of those issues. The largest to get the hell away from that dealership and sadly the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge brands just to get the hell away from that dealership.

Most of my driving is city driving and my work is approximately a 10 minute (15 with some serious traffic) drive. i have 2 fellow coworkers that ordered a First Edition Hybrid and another the Lariat Luxury Hybrid and I will have the XLT Luxury Hybrid. So it will be interesting to see around the office because our boss just got in his Tesla. But I am looking forward to it.
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So right now I have a 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x with 74,500 miles on it. Has been a great truck..but I am looking forward to something with better gas mileage. I am considering going with an XLT AWD Maverick...as I still need some type of 4x4 system to get through snow. I have been reading everyone's posts...and find mostly positive reviews.

I guess my biggest fear is getting rid of the rig I have now and going into a first year XLT Maverick...and if it may come out as a disappointment. I should also say...I did purchase a first year model vehicle, a Cherokee when they first came out, and man what a POS that was...almost lemon lawed it. Thoughts would be great!
If you are not towing heavy loads and are worried about gas mileage don't get the 4k tow package because it comes with a higher gear ratio which will use more gas.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are not towing heavy loads and are worried about gas mileage don't get the 4k tow package because it comes with a higher gear ratio which will use more gas.
Lower gear ratio but we get you!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a year and rent one for a week vacation

OP
OP

Xinnes88X

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
E0699B8C-8081-4F4C-A16A-74A62BA724C6.jpeg

It would be a HUGE mistake to compare these vehicles because the Pro4x is a do everything truck.

The Maverick was built for city driving, minor trails, and more car like driving. The Maverick advantage is the MPG, better turning radius, compact size, and smoother ride.

If you are towing, hauling, and need to off road, keep the Pro4x. However, if you rarely do any of the above, the Maverick could be a solid choice for you.

Finally, do not confuse the Fx4 with the Pro4x (or any other Frontier 4x4 trim) because it is not even close because the Maverick AWD system was not designed for that.
Love the red on your Pro-4x...picture of mine below.

Ford Maverick On the fence...help me decide... Truck!

Sponsored

stevied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
You have pretty low miles on your frontier. I currently drive a 2005 frontier with 226k miles and it has been very reliable; especially if you are handy with being able to change minor things yourself. The only items that I have has to replace outside of what I consider normal ware are cam position sensors, coils, radiator and charcoal canister purge valve. I think if your goal is to save money in the long run, you may be better off keeping the frontier for a few more years.

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
WIth the used car market the way it is, selling your Fronty might not be a bad option. You might get a nice check, and some pocket change to use, plus more gas mileage.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WIth the used car market the way it is, selling your Fronty might not be a bad option. You might get a nice check, and some pocket change to use, plus more gas mileage.
Just checked my 2018 frontier. Looks like used with 75k miles like mine is about 1,200 more than I paid for mine new, but I would have to reduce mine due to $9k hail damage.
Sponsored