Older and wiser us

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I smile every time I get in it and drive it. I can't wait until ALL 2022 Mavericks are delivered so you all can enjoy the truck too!

BTW the AC definitely takes a toll on fuel mileage. YMMV
Sponsored

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I smile every time I get in it and drive it. I can't wait until ALL 2022 Mavericks are delivered so you all can enjoy the truck too!

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have noticed only the slightest AC toll on MPG. Maybe 1 MPG, at most, for me. FYI, getting 47 MPG consistently now since late May (as calculated at every fill-up). Driving like a grandmother in ECO mode all the time. The hybrid loves the hot weather as far as gas mileage is concerned; but then, with the AC on during hot weather, that hot-weather "plus" essentially gets canceled out.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have noticed only the slightest AC toll on MPG. Maybe 1 MPG, at most, for me. FYI, getting 47 MPG consistently now since late May (as calculated at every fill-up). Driving like a grandmother in ECO mode all the time. The hybrid loves the hot weather as far as gas mileage is concerned; but then, with the AC on during hot weather, that hot-weather "plus" essentially gets canceled out.
I ran one tank (hot as hell in Ohio) with AC running a lot 43.5 MPG. Last week I did not use the AC much and I got 52.3 mpg. These MPG's are doing the miles driven divided by gallons to fill.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm done talking about mileage.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I am going into this with the expectation that it will take at least one year to get my truck, maybe even a bit more. I am also tempering my outstanding optimism over all this with the thought in the back of my head I may never get one at all. Ahh, well, it will be what it will be the way I look at it.
This buying a new truck process reminds me of a Voyage to Tahiti on my sailboat. You don't know what to expect; plan for the worst. You will get there.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well written. Just about sums it up. I have bought nine new vehicles before this one. It was exciting and I can't say I was ever disappointed. My vehicle is supposed to be delivered in about one month. The excitement really has worn off. Nine months after ordering and the whole process has just about worn me down. I hope my heart skips a beat when I see this Maverick (it will be only the third I have seen) next month. Not complaining, understand the supply problems, etc., but it could have been less painful with some changes to the process by Ford and dealer.
Articulated very well!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makindofornow,

Thank the Lord your pacemaker batteries will not go into the "deep sleep" mode which is starting to seem common in the hybrid Mav. Sorry for the "dark" humor but it has been one of those mornings!! :)
Yep on no pacemaker deep sleep battery mode. The wireless monitor on the night stand uploads data every night I am there and sends data using the medical device frequencies (I believe either in the low 600 or high 600 range do not remember which). If there is a problem an alert is posted on somebody's screen and they will call me to come in for whatever needs to be done. I suppose when battery gets below some state of charge they will have me to come in to be put to deep sleep and replace it. I haven't asked but it probably will cost more than my hybrid first edition. In any case I am happy to have been around for your "dark" humor.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Yep on no pacemaker deep sleep battery mode. The wireless monitor on the night stand uploads data every night I am there and sends data using the medical device frequencies (I believe either in the low 600 or high 600 range do not remember which). If there is a problem an alert is posted on somebody's screen and they will call me to come in for whatever needs to be done. I suppose when battery gets below some state of charge they will have me to come in to be put to deep sleep and replace it. I haven't asked but it probably will cost more than my hybrid first edition. In any case I am happy to have been around for your "dark" humor.
Had a stent installed in right coronary artery with 95% blockage several years ago and feel better. My only concern for you is whether Ford made your Pacemaker. ;) Best of luck to you.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like your high-tech heart equipment takes quite a few chips. I have been wondering what held up my order with Blis 360... :unsure: Well, if so, the chips went for a worthwhile cause! :) Stay Safe!!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a stent installed in right coronary artery with 95% blockage several years ago and feel better. My only concern for you is whether Ford made your Pacemaker. ;) Best of luck to you.
I don't remember who made my pace maker. I could get my wallet out with the easy to find insert that has "medical" tag and check but I tend to leave it alone. I have at least to this point have no shortage of "best luck" thanks for more though. Several years back I had two stents followed by two more one month later and they said I had 98% blockage but anything over 90% is hard to believe. I guess something gets loose and just clogs things up really quick. Almost a year later I had a blood thinner enhanced brain bleed after which I had to learn to walk and talk again. Was pronounced 94% recovered about 12 months later. Then after about 18 months later I got my pacemaker. (Many more lucky breaks in my life and I am wondering when my purpose will be disclosed). I am glad your stent worked out for you.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like your high-tech heart equipment takes quite a few chips. I have been wondering what held up my order with Blis 360... :unsure: Well, if so, the chips went for a worthwhile cause! :) Stay Safe!!
It's hard to buy anything without a chip these days. Toasters, light bulbs (I have a smart bulb somewhere that I must have bought on clearance sometime which on rare occasion when it's turned on it searches for a wi-fi connection and if I am online looking at my router I notice it's wanting to log in. Cannot figure out which one it is. True or not I don't know but Ukraine reported some of the Russian tanks that broke down had chips designed for refrigerators in them. Probably just were not military grade chips, but? Wolfspeed (originally a subsidiary of cree (light bulb co)) is now starting to produce a new more better, faster chip on equipment they had to build themselves. At least many chip companies are building new plants and in a few years there may be more chips than can be used but probably not for at least 8-10 years.

OP
OP

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No chips for new pacemakers now. New ones now use vacuum tubes. They're a little bigger.
Sponsored