Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Personally,i change my oil every 3000 miles,use 10 w 30 synthetic oil and of course change the wix filter.is this right or wrong I don’t know.been doing so for 50 + years with no oil related problems .the oil minder in my opinion is worthless.
Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ecoboost engines should have the oil changed every 3500 miles if you want the turbo to last.
Turbo engines are harder on oil and some times direct injection engines end up with fuel in the oil, so it is a good idea to change it before an engine with out those things would need it. If you do lots of short trips you may need it changed early. I aim for 5k with full synthetic oil. I don't know what the factory oil is so that will get changed 1k or so miles. But I don't do a lot of short trips and I don't tow.

If you drive 3 miles or less to work every day that would be terrible for fuel in the oil. Very early changes would be called for.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Personally,i change my oil every 3000 miles,use 10 w 30 synthetic oil and of course change the wix filter.is this right or wrong I don’t know.been doing so for 50 + years with no oil related problems .the oil minder in my opinion is worthless.
There is no harm to the truck to change it early. But don't be late.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many people who have received their Maverick, I followed the suggestion of getting the "alien blood" oil changed out by 1800 miles. Took a road trip shortly thereafter and changed the oil again at around 3500, again at 8500, and then preemptively early at around 12500 miles for another road trip (done at a quickie shop) and they put me due at 15,100 miles but I'm at 15,800 and showing 63% oil life remaining.

Should I go ahead and get the oil changed or can I wait a bit longer and stretch it for the full 5000 miles in between changes?

Thank you for your suggestions.
Isnt suggested intervals 5-10k between changes in your manual? (I’m roughly converting from canadian equivelents lol) i did oil changes at 5k and then again at 15k-ish. The 10000k change was at roughly 30% life, oil life monitor estimated needing a change in about a month. Oil came out like you’d expect from any regular interval oil change. So unless you’re doing wild things with your little maverick between changes… you’ll be fine for your road trip lol

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many people who have received their Maverick, I followed the suggestion of getting the "alien blood" oil changed out by 1800 miles. Took a road trip shortly thereafter and changed the oil again at around 3500, again at 8500, and then preemptively early at around 12500 miles for another road trip (done at a quickie shop) and they put me due at 15,100 miles but I'm at 15,800 and showing 63% oil life remaining.

Should I go ahead and get the oil changed or can I wait a bit longer and stretch it for the full 5000 miles in between changes?

Thank you for your suggestions.
You’ve wasted a lot of money, and now you’re screwed. Mine says at the rate I’m driving, I need to change the oil in Jan 2024. I’ll probably not wait that long, but I sure as hell won’t change it 4 times before 15K miles. But you do what the aliens tell you 😎

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’ve wasted a lot of money, and now you’re screwed. Mine says at the rate I’m driving, I need to change the oil in Jan 2024. I’ll probably not wait that long, but I sure as hell won’t change it 4 times before 15K miles. But you do what the aliens tell you 😎
Been doing a lot of driving, hence the oil changes. But, haven't spent a dime on oil changes.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ecoboost engines should have the oil changed every 3500 miles if you want the turbo to last.
On my Buick with a turbo I changed it every 6,000 miles with no problems.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're all wrong. I recommend every 25 miles or your engine and turbo will blow up.

No, I don't work for a dealer and my employer also doesn't make most of its profit from service. I have no idea what you're talking about. 😉

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in summary, you can change oil according to the monitor, according to people's statements of "what I do" or whatever you want. The weight you give to each recommendation is up to you.

Changing oil early will not hurt the vehicle, will only hurt your wallet, and will give more better oil to the recycling center.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in summary, you can change oil according to the monitor, according to people's statements of "what I do" or whatever you want. The weight you give to each recommendation is up to you.

Changing oil early will not hurt the vehicle, will only hurt your wallet, and will give more better oil to the recycling center.
Gonna stick with every 5000 miles.

I'll stick with what I was doing for my Honda hereafter: every 5000-7500 miles depending on driving conditions.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First oil change at 1900 miles by the dealer (no charge). Next oil change will be at 1 year or 10,000 miles. Which ever comes first. I only use fully synthetic at the weight recommended by the manufacturer (in this case, 0W-20). I've been doing this for years in all my vehicles, zero issues. The oil drained, never has looked very dirty.
Sponsored