First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally,i change my oil every 3000 miles,use 10 w 30 synthetic oil and of course change the wix filter.is this right or wrong I don’t know.been doing so for 50 + years with no oil related problems .the oil minder in my opinion is worthless.
WOW another vote reason for online check by vin # verification of remaining oil life to set excessive oil change pollution penalty tax.😁
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tradition is not a good reason to keep doing things the old way. As a former Mercedes tech, I did a lot of business with All European Auto in Michigan. They used Dodge Sprinter vans with the Mercedes turbo diesel. They used Amsoil exclusively and ran those vans for years at 25k mile intervals. As oil AND engine technology gets better, we can stretch the old intervals beyond what used to be the norm. But in any case, stick with the Ford recommendation throughout the warranty period. Experience is the best teacher.
During warranty period I stick to Dealer oil changes at HIS recommended interval because he is one doing the warranty work! (5k or 6 months)..

Bobby130

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Transit Connect& 2022 Nissan Versa SV
Engine
Undecided
I gave up my 2014 Accord LX-MT (only 84K miles!) for a Maverick because of the burning oil/gasket leak issues. My (non-Honda) mechanic said the 2014 engines were plagued with issues. Would like to hear more about this issue from an actual Honda tech. Thanks!
Honda has had oil burning problems since 2010. If you had your Honda they would have put in a set of rings for free. I have put in engines under warranty with over 100000 miles. The most miles for a warranty is 145000 miles! Bobby

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honda has had oil burning problems since 2010. If you had your Honda they would have put in a set of rings for free. I have put in engines under warranty with over 100000 miles. The most miles for a warranty is 145000 miles! Bobby
You don't need to change the oil every 5k. I would go longer and base it on the oil minder.
I'm starting to agree with this rather than every 5000 mile schedule the dealer put me on. I have a road trip coming up on the 17th that will be roughly 700 miles round trip. Was going to get my oil changed at 5000 miles (again) but my oil life is still showing 44%. Eff it. Gonna let 'er ride this time because I don't feel like sitting around at the dealership on a Saturday.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn