First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2020 Ford Transit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XLT Maverick Hybrid on November 23st 2021 up here in Canada. Truck was built on August 26th and shipped on September 22nd. The original estimated delivery was October 9th to October 15th which I figured was wishful thinking since it had to come all the way up to Eastern Canada. After a few weeks estimated delivery date was switched between October 16 to October 22nd which I figured was much more realistic.
Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] Delivery2

This morning I sign in to the tracking site and estimated delivery is now showing November 25th to December 1st.
Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] Maverick Dec2

Call my dad who is a Ford salesman and he said let me check what's going on. He calls me back a few hours later, he said good news your truck is at the train yard 2 hours away but there is a hold on it. He said it seem to indicate that the hold was due to the recall on the Brake Lights/4K Towing Package.

Obviously you can't get the 4K Tow package on the hybrid, and the only option I added to my Hybrid was the trailer hitch which I believe comes with the 4 pin connector. So I'm hoping it's just a mistake and they realize that my Hybrid isn't affected by the recall.

I entered my VIN# in the recall website and it's not showing any recalls listed.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my XLT Maverick Hybrid on November 23st 2021 up here in Canada. Truck was built on August 26th and shipped on September 22nd. The original estimated delivery was October 9th to October 15th which I figured was wishful thinking since it had to come all the way up to Eastern Canada. After a few weeks estimated delivery date was switched between October 16 to October 22nd which I figured was much more realistic.
Delivery2.jpg

This morning I sign in to the tracking site and estimated delivery is now showing November 25th to December 1st.
Maverick Dec2.jpg

Call my dad who is a Ford salesman and he said let me check what's going on. He calls me back a few hours later, he said good news your truck is at the train yard 2 hours away but there is a hold on it. He said it seem to indicate that the hold was due to the recall on the Brake Lights/4K Towing Package.

Obviously you can't get the 4K Tow package on the hybrid, and the only option I added to my Hybrid was the trailer hitch which I believe comes with the 4 pin connector. So I'm hoping it's just a mistake and they realize that my Hybrid isn't affected by the recall.

I entered my VIN# in the recall website and it's not showing any recalls listed.
Sooooooo, are they going to repair it at the rail yard?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can confirm on this recall. My truck arrived at my dealer a couple of days ago, went down yesterday (10/20) and got to look at it, sit in it, and check all around it. No test drive though due to the recall. We got the paperwork drafted up and I put down a deposit, but I can't take it home until the recall is fixed. Unfortunate to have to wait longer, but obviously having your brake lights go on by themselves isn't safe LOL.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can confirm on this recall. My truck arrived at my dealer a couple of days ago, went down yesterday (10/20) and got to look at it, sit in it, and check all around it. No test drive though due to the recall. We got the paperwork drafted up and I put down a deposit, but I can't take it home until the recall is fixed. Unfortunate to have to wait longer, but obviously having your brake lights go on by themselves isn't safe LOL.
I just got word my truck is at the dealer as of yesterday. Also, just got word mine is on hold too LOL. If it wasn't for bad luck with this ordering process....Hopefully the solution isn't too far away.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got word my truck is at the dealer as of yesterday. Also, just got word mine is on hold too LOL. If it wasn't for bad luck with this ordering process....Hopefully the solution isn't too far away.
I'm crossing my fingers that maybe Ford will have a surprise next week and have the new software. It sounds like it'll be an update to the ABS. Don't know if that means a reflash for the PCM too.

Sponsored

radmavxlt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckless
Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd I’m in the same boat. Truck just showed up at the dealer this morning, can’t take it home. The dealer hasn’t received anything on the update and apparently they won’t know anything until about Nov. 7th from what I was told. As if waiting 50 weeks wasn’t enough already…

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was thinking about this more today and thought I'd ask: anyone else in this same situation, what has your dealer told you? Just "early 4th quarter," "a couple of weeks," "we don't know?" Or have you been given an exact date?

I ask because the recall paperwork states customer mailings around the first full week of November. My presumption is that the new software will be ready to go by then.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Was thinking about this more today and thought I'd ask: anyone else in this same situation, what has your dealer told you? Just "early 4th quarter," "a couple of weeks," "we don't know?" Or have you been given an exact date?

I ask because the recall paperwork states customer mailings around the first full week of November. My presumption is that the new software will be ready to go by then.
I wouldn’t count on that. The law has built in due dates and the manufacturers have x amount of days to get the word out. It rarely has anything to do with “fixes” for the recall. I hope for all our sakes they get it done soon, not June.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t count on that. The law has built in due dates and the manufacturers have x amount of days to get the word out. It rarely has anything to do with “fixes” for the recall. I hope for all our sakes they get it done soon, not June.
Agreed LOL. It better not take that long. At the end of the day it's just software that needs updating, and a specific part of the software at that. Someone probably just messed up a few lines of code, or put in a wrong value.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something I've noticed just happening to check today, the Ford website and NHTSA don't show any open recalls for my VIN. OASIS has it (as shown to me by my dealer), wonder where the discrepancy comes from.

Sponsored

Tomstruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecosort,1932 Ford Coupe, 1929 Model A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck is at my dealer and has been prepped for sale is on hold for brake light problem. EB, xlt, xlt+, 4k trailer pkg. Ordered on 9-16-21. It sure is a pretty truck sitting in the lot. Oh well what's another week.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck is at my dealer and has been prepped for sale is on hold for brake light problem. EB, xlt, xlt+, 4k trailer pkg. Ordered on 9-16-21. It sure is a pretty truck sitting in the lot. Oh well what's another week.
Nice spec! Yes, hopefully the fix isn't too far away.

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine was built outside those build dates and brake lights stay on quite often.....hmmmmm

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine was built outside those build dates and brake lights stay on quite often.....hmmmmm
What was your build date?
Sponsored