First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara, Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday my dealer showed me a list of all of their orders with vins displayed, all of the hybrids said TBD next to them. I don't expect mine before spring of 2022. I'm currently driving a 20 year old Toyota Solara, I sure miss having a truck.
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Well your news is better than the news from my dealer when I ordered last month. He told me 2 year wait on hybrids... I've learned a lot on this forum since then and and can just laugh at that now. I've been reaching out to Ford directly instead (which they also laughed at the two year wait news) and I've been trying to adopt the mindset of "it gets here when it gets here," but the only thing that still makes me concerned is if my dealer is this misinformed, are they still doing everything that they can do to try to get it scheduled should all the stars actually align for my order (order submitted correctly on their end, lowering the priority, etc.)? They unfortunately have lost my trust to that regard but I'm not sure what else there is that we can do at this point other than wait...

Last edited:

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Earlier this week my dealer told me my order is "delayed" but they didn't know enough to tell me for how long. Mine is a hybrid XLT with the lux package, which seems to be the least common build getting scheduled, along with first editions. I don't have an urgent need for a vehicle so I'm just going to ride out the slow track. It will be hard to start seeing other Mavericks on the road, though. :(
we’re in the same boat! 😳😩

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Tomorrow is going to suck for 99.8% of the people anyway, cleanup weeks away do .

Sponsored

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford will send us Hybrid buyers a bottle of booze because of the delays like they did for the Bronco buyers 😂

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So i emailed my dealer asking about this month allocation. He tells me they are not scheduling hybrids right now. and may not be that way until spring. ( not saying this is true just stating what he said)

Is there any chance this thing get scheduled anyways. even though he believes they are not scheduling them! ( FYI im a priority 2)

should i put in a 2nd order with another local dealership. ( i feel like this should have been done back in june)

Anyways this is so frustrating. How can people in this form get scheduled but he says they not scheduling any.

Also i asked if he was talking about retail orders and he said any hybrid.

anyways thanks for any help or guidance.

thanks
My dealer says they have no idea when Hybrids will be made. They have gotten some Ecoboost delivered, but no hybrid, including mine, scheduled, and Ford ain't talking. Doesn't sound good. Maybe by 2030?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer (salesman) started out saying a lot of off-the-wall stuff because he hadn't really taken the time to look into what is going on. My guess is many are like that.

I've been pushing on him a bit the last couple of weeks since I got back in the country and he has taken the time to work with the scheduling person at his dealership, and that person has taken the time to make phone calls and try to get educated.

Surprise! Now what he says sounds a lot more like what we see on this forum. No more off-the-wall comments about hybrids either not being delayed at all or being delayed until next summer.

His take now? Hybrids are being scheduled and built, but not enough of them. Some people will get them soon, others will end up waiting a while. His best guess for me is that mine will be built before the end of the year, but that's because I'm first in line for a hybrid at his small dealership.

We'll see. But at least he's not telling fantastic tales anymore...

Sponsored

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be a pretty logical assumption that Ford isn’t loading up on building the hybrids until the EPA does its thing and they can sell them…would be stupid otherwise. They’d just be sitting on the lots.

If people hadn’t seen yet — some of the hybrid guys on this forum that have had their trucks built have been pulling their VINs and have noticed a “delivery date” that wasn’t there before.

This leads folk to conjecture that the EPA is close…and Ford feels comfortable enough to make projections.

If that is the case…I’d expect to see the volumes level out a bit more…although there’s always going to be more of us Hybrid folk left in the dust…because there’s just simply a lot more of us.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XL Hybrid late July and got my build scheduled for 12/6 with a hard tri-fold. Someone is misinformed or trying to get people to switch.

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Since I live in California w/ the most Maverick orders, I’m thinking now I most likely won’t get a build scheduled until early spring…March/April! Glad I’m not in any dire need of a new vehicle at this time…..and I love my current Niro.
Ah sweet I have a Niro too waiting on a maverick I ordered in June no high hopes though got a XLT hybrid Lux package so probably next year to even get schedule 🤷‍♂️ Oh well I guess love my niro too

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XL Hybrid late July and got my build scheduled for 12/6 with a hard tri-fold. Someone is misinformed or trying to get people to switch.
I couldn't help but send you this. My mother made these for me years ago.
Ford Maverick No Hybrid Scheduling--According to my dealer Kilroy

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid