First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 2024 Maverick XLT from my local Ford dealership. I received a DocuSign from them to confirm my order, but I never received the order confirmation from Ford the dealership said I would receive o nice the received the order from the dealership. I questioned the salesman and he assured me the order was entered. Should I be concerned?
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably don’t have your email in correctly. Your order is likely in but Ford sent confirmation to wrong address.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I really hate the fact that Ford leaves it up to the dealers to enter the customers info in WBDO at time of ordering. It's a crappy way to do things and IMO it just leaves the customer hanging when they go to forums like this with questions.

Anyway, now that I'm off my soap box. You should be ok but if you want to double check either call Fords customer service number or use their online chat function to double check. To do this you will need two things. Your dealers six digit sales code and the four digit order code. Both of these can be found on the order sheet you should have received when placing your order.

Here is a link to Fords CS. It has the phone number and a link at the bottom right for online chat.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/How do I contact Ford Motor Company/#:~:text=Call us at 1-800,Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

The order sheet or DORA as it is sometimes called should look similar to this. The numbers you need are located at the top right.

Ford Maverick Never received order confirmation. 8-16-2021 DORA

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really hate the fact that Ford leaves it up to the dealers to enter the customers info in WBDO at time of ordering. It's a crappy way to do things and IMO it just leaves the customer hanging when they go to forums like this with questions.

Anyway, now that I'm off my soap box. You should be ok but if you want to double check either call Fords customer service number or use their online chat function to double check. To do this you will need two things. Your dealers six digit sales code and the four digit order code. Both of these can be found on the order sheet you should have received when placing your order.

Here is a link to Fords CS. It has the phone number and a link at the bottom right for online chat.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/How do I contact Ford Motor Company/#:~:text=Call us at 1-800,Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

The order sheet or DORA as it is sometimes called should look similar to this. The numbers you need are located at the top right.

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg
How else does the customers info get into the system if the dealer doesn't do it? It is the dealers order to Ford.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
How else does the customers info get into the system if the dealer doesn't do it? It is the dealers order to Ford.
Yeah I understand how it works. In the past two and a half years I've special ordered a Maverick and a Mach-E from Ford through their dealer network . I was fortunate enough to have dealt with a good dealer but not all of them are good. If they were threads like this and MANY others on the forum wouldn't exist.

We are suppose to put our faith in the dealer we chose and that they will do everything correctly even though car dealers are one of the least trusted business'/occupations around. How does that make any sense??

Anyway, I know why it is the way it is but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like it. Just becasue something has been done a certain way for a long time doesn't mean there isn't a better way of doing it.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I understand how it works. In the past two and a half years I've special ordered a Maverick and a Mach-E from Ford through their dealer network . I was fortunate enough to have dealt with a good dealer but not all of them are good. If they were threads like this and MANY others on the forum wouldn't exist.

We are suppose to put our faith in the dealer we chose and that they will do everything correctly even though car dealers are one of the least trusted business'/occupations around. How does that make any sense??

Anyway, I know why it is the way it is but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like it. Just becasue something has been done a certain way for a long time doesn't mean there isn't a better way of doing it.
Like some sort of email confirmation system. That couldn’t be too difficult.

Sonya M

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg
This! Ordered a 2023, no email confirmation from Ford. Called and confirmed the order. 2024 order banks open. Checked on my order and was given a VIN and build week. Talked to my dealer and they couldn't find the VIN in the system (Ford Chat said you wouldn't until it went into production). Anyway, the dealer put in a 2024 order as a precaution. This time I received a confirmation email. Hit and miss.

Wiingnut

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 19 Mustang GT 24 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For some reason, sometimes you don’t always get an email confirmation. I did receive emails for both Maverick’s I ordered but only 1 email for the 2 Bronco’s I ordered, but yet they had the correct email, because they sent me pics of both on the final line. My salesman said it was hit and miss with his customers

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't get the email confirmation either, but like mentioned above, call Ford CS or Marketing with the Sales and Order numbers, and they were able to confirm that an order is in the system.

HRG

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all up to the dealer.
They entered an email for you into the system (maybe), if it's not the right one they aren't going to change it. Your 15 minutes is up they hope to not deal with you again until if and when your truck comes in.
It's not like you're buying a $70,000 F-150

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I ordered last year I got my confirmation email while I was still at the dealership. The dealer is selling you the car- if they can't get your email correct and enter the order correctly you are at the wrong dealership- there are thousands of them. I got every email you are supposed to get from Ford on time and the info was 100% correct. I also changed my color after I ordered and my dealer did that correctly (which I verified with Ford via customer service.)

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered a 2024 Maverick XLT from my local Ford dealership. I received a DocuSign from them to confirm my order, but I never received the order confirmation from Ford the dealership said I would receive o nice the received the order from the dealership. I questioned the salesman and he assured me the order was entered. Should I be concerned?
Back in 22 when I ordered my maverick I received my conformation as I was leaving the dealer parking lot. nine months later it was in my driveway. best of luck on yours.

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They likely didn't put your email on the order.

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg
Bbhaag. Thank you for this link as I also never received an email. But I just did a live chat with Ford. I gave them my sales code and order code and they were able to pull up my order in their system. But I will still have to call my dealership to verify my email address.
Sponsored