My truck is on the water

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere." George Clooney in O Brother! Where Art Thou?

Apparently Hermosillo is a geographical oddity. It's 4-5 weeks from everywhere. :)

1653581485338.png
Yup via OK, Kansas, MO, then IL, OH Atlanta, 2 N FL stops. This Mav saw more travel than I have this yr! Train is cheaper than barge not to mention you can't be using barges from Mexico around FL to NC in hurricane season and not have worse delays.
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe they heard about EcoSport's coming via boat once. And just assumed they all do. Too funny.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish our mavericks would stop vacationing in foreign places and taking cruise ships

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I texted my salesman to get the rail car # for my truck, and she said it's on a boat and is expected at my dealer in NC by 6/27-7/3. By boat?!?! Hermosillo is on the West coast of Mexico. They'd have to go through the Panama Canal and come all the way around Florida.

Does anyone know if they're boating them to California, Texas, or Louisiana, and then sending them by rail or truck carrier, or if they're shipping them all the way to Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, or Virginia?

With a 4-5 week destination date, it makes me think they're floating it all the way here. I'm thrilled it's on the way but sad that it's still 4-5 weeks away.
Since some railroads are limiting fertilizer shipments from suppliers (for whatever reason), maybe they have have done the same thing to automobile manufacturers and Ford has had to find another way to ship. Does seem weird though, like a salesman's excuse.
Do you have a tracking number?

Hope your Maverick doesn't get seasick.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To quote the famous Paul Revere: One if by land, two if by sea. The code is on the VIN, we just don't know where to look :)

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some go by boat to the pan handle of Florid, depending on the state of the dealer. It’s legit, don’t stress it.

there are maps showing fords shipping route on here somewhere

peepsnet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0L V8 STX / 2015 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I texted my salesman to get the rail car # for my truck, and she said it's on a boat and is expected at my dealer in NC by 6/27-7/3. By boat?!?! Hermosillo is on the West coast of Mexico. They'd have to go through the Panama Canal and come all the way around Florida.

Does anyone know if they're boating them to California, Texas, or Louisiana, and then sending them by rail or truck carrier, or if they're shipping them all the way to Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, or Virginia?

With a 4-5 week destination date, it makes me think they're floating it all the way here. I'm thrilled it's on the way but sad that it's still 4-5 weeks away.
Did you get the rail car #??

If so call CSX and enter the number for tracking.

1-877-744-7279
Option 2, then 1, then 3
Then option 1 for Location

Speak the 4 character Rail car Letters then the numbers.

Don

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The barge just passed by my ocean front property in Arizona!

Boomers in the house!

Last edited:
Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any chance they might send it by rail to, say, Corpus Christi, and then go across the gulf of Mexico by ship to Tampa? That might be plausible, but down to Panama and back....well, they must have some credit card miles saved up for that to make sense.

OP
OP
ClemsonU88

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get the rail car #??

If so call CSX and enter the number for tracking.

1-877-744-7279
Option 2, then 1, then 3
Then option 1 for Location

Speak the 4 character Rail car Letters then the numbers.

Don
I didn't get the rail car number. That's what I was calling the dealer for. Is there another way to get the rail car number?

OP
OP
ClemsonU88

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any chance they might send it by rail to, say, Corpus Christi, and then go across the gulf of Mexico by ship to Tampa? That might be plausible, but down to Panama and back....well, they must have some credit card miles saved up for that to make sense.
Or maybe that's how they're getting their frequent floating miles. :)

I think she was just speculating on the boat thing since she didn't have a rail car # yet. I'll give it till Wednesday of next week and call her again. That'll give it a chance to get north of the border if it is on a train as I suspect it is.

My window sticker says it's coming by Rail, but things change. Or maybe it sails to Tampa and comes by rail the rest of the way. Anyone else who's already gotten their truck or a rail car # have this at the bottom of their window sticker?

Ford Maverick My truck is on the water 1653652017724

OP
OP
ClemsonU88

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... not to mention you can't be using barges from Mexico around FL to NC in hurricane season and not have worse delays.
This might be there last action to make this as long a wait as they possibly can for me.

The barge just passed by my ocean front property in Arizona!

Boomers in the house!
I bet you love being able to "see the sea" from your house.

Did you wave to my truck? Did it look orange or yellow?

I wish our mavericks would stop vacationing in foreign places and taking cruise ships
I can already hear the explanation for the extra fee, "Mr. ClemsonU88, you're not just getting a Ford Maverick. You're getting a Maverick who has seen the world, traveled the seas, survived the old West, navigated hurricanes, and lived to tell the tale. No sir, you're not just getting a Maverick. You're getting a legend!! That'll be an additional $7,000."

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's hope it does not suffer the same fate as the Felicity Ace!
Sponsored