First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's hoping the insurance process is seamless and that you are soon restored. In the meanwhile, here is a temporary fix idea for you until they have an opening at the shop...
Ford Maverick My Lariat was rear-ended on the way to work. Devastated 1673364063910

Patriot-ceramics

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.patriot-ceramics.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 GTI, '11 Infiniti FX35, '23 Atlas Blue Mave XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know..even though it is the Washington compost;)

All joking aside..I think it is due to.distracted driving.
I was a civilian cop for 9 yrs.
It was a lot of distracted driving...I was behind a car for nearly half a mile w my lights on once...nothing...oblivious.

Be safe out there.
I bought a wide angle mirror clip on that essentially doubles the view from.my rear view ...

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude, that sucks. Maybe if you put bright orange lettering on the back they would see you. Oh, wait. Never mind. BTW, those look awesome. It looks fixable, no?

Last edited:

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh no!

What is it with our Mavericks getting hit
I was driving to work last week and hit a bridge expansion joint. A huge chunk of concrete popped up and tore a hole in the bottom of my truck then blew a tire and bent a rim. I haven't seen a Maverick in town without damage. One has its side all bashed in - another with rear end damage - mine is in the shop now... ugg.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There ought to be some mechanism for a "replacement allocation". Supply chain issues aside, Ford is advocating for this build-to-order method. Makes it tough when it takes 8-16 months to get an ordered vehicle.

OP, sorry for your loss.

OP
OP

Salty goat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you ok? People don't pay attention anymore a guy ran straight into our parking lot Friday totaled a coworkers trail Boss - knocked it sideways two parking spaces
I am ok, some whiplash and back pain. The seat belt didn't stop my head from hitting the steering wheel.

OP
OP

Salty goat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rear-end crashes are the most common. And many other crashes have been shared on here, including OP here (this isn't a rear-end, if anything, they clipped the corner while trying to avoid a rear-end crash too late, it's more of a side-swipe).

There have even been threads of Mavericks hitting other vehicles, whether it was the Maverick driver's fault or not. One since-deleted thread showed a Maverick being driven full-speed (by which I mean well in excess of the legal limit) into the back of a slow moving vehicle in a busy, questionable stretch of road.. Incriminating dash cam video and all!

Per NHTSA:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.g...hes20and20near-crashes20dot20hs2081020846.pdf
My body reacted like it was hit from behind not from the side. My bed shows more damage after the tailgate fell off.

OP
OP

Salty goat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's hoping the insurance process is seamless and that you are soon restored. In the meanwhile, here is a temporary fix idea for you until they have an opening at the shop...
1673364063910.png
Waiting on her insurance adjuster to get back with me. I uploaded around 75 pics of the scene.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks, hope everyone is ok? This is one worry I have as one just can’t go to the dealer and get another.
From what I’ve seen from others because of the unibody it’s probably totaled.
Personally I would grab any mods, rims engine cover if you have it and it would be that much more $$ in your pocket. Good luck!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I continue to be astonished at the number of rear end accidents that are posted here. I think I am going to put a big flag or something on mine............................
I’m strapping a mattress to the back of my wife’s Hyundai. She’s been rear-ended twice! None of which were her fault.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m strapping a mattress to the back of my wife’s Hyundai. She’s been rear-ended twice! None of which were her fault.
My wife only once but it was a mess. Stopped at a stop sign and somebody hit her, pushed her into the car in front that got pushed into the one in front of that.

I don't know about the mattress but maybe we can injection mold a styrofoam rear end from spray insulation. That ought to help................

Lord Haw-Haw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's just criminal! I would sue them. I've been rear ended twice and you''ll never recoup that loss. These texters need to start going to jail, they're as dangerous or worse than drunk drivers. Imagine if you were sitting on a motorcycle in traffic. So sorry for this, that is heart breaking.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing posts like this made me install a tailgate lightbar and hitch receiver light and high mount 3rd brake light that are super bright and flash when pressing the brake pedal along with a rear view dash cam…
Do you have any pics? I was thinking of something similar.
Sponsored