Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Composite door shims work great to hold the 2x6 in place. They are black and blend in with a SIBL.
Trying not to sound stupid, where can I get the composite door shims?

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished creating a printables account and uploading my maverick stuff, thanks for the push.
Sorry, I didn't respond to your previous question. I would have suggested Printables. ;-) I just found and followed you. You might want to add a link to your repository to your signature here to make it easier for fellow Mav owners with 3D printers to find your models (and hopefully increase your Prusameters), even on unrelated threads.

Sponsored

cdoeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the step file. I had a local company make some and cut a piece of Trex in so it shouldn't change with the weather.

Ford Maverick My DIY bed divider that doesn't rattle around IMG_2446

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mabett designers are hard at work trying to replicate this and put on Amazon :unsure:
With the story files they won’t need to replicate. I also expect 6 or 7 people will be selling them on Etsy pretty soon.

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not super handy. My low-tech solution was scavenging some felt from my wife's craft kit and stapling it to the ends of a 2x6. Stopped the rattling and made it easy to lift out.

SLingbarT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Cactus Gray Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a really nice divider solution. Wish I had a 3D printer …

For what it’s worth, anyone looking for a really good “buy it” divider, I can recommend saving up your pennies and ordering this one.

Yes, it costs a bit. But was a perfect solution for us — we like to put our groceries back there, and the canvas grocery bags we use are a perfect fit with this divider.

It’s a cinch to take out and put in (tension mounted), is lightweight, and folds for storage or tossing in the back seat as needed.

Apologize that this goes against the spirit of the OP’s great DIY solution … but for those not so blessed with DIY abilities, and able to swing the price, this is a good solution.

Truxistm Bed Divider for Maverick

IMG_4810.jpeg
Yikes $319 +tax/shipping. Why this looks to be the best solution, light and strong, I think I can reproduce this in wood for $20 maybe even less if I cut the board in half and use a couple KREG pocket holes. I put a 2x10 in mine and now cant get it out with the tri-fold cover rails installed.
thank you for the idea.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not super handy. My low-tech solution was scavenging some felt from my wife's craft kit and stapling it to the ends of a 2x6. Stopped the rattling and made it easy to lift out.
I stole 1.55" off the end of my wife's yoga mat!🤗
Sponsored