First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with Testa422 where are you gonna get the brackets Because there aren't any for the lower mount or the top mount, By the time you get done dickin around with trying to fabricate your own it's cheaper to just buy the ones that somebody's already taken the time to go through all the headaches and make them right the 1st time
Those struts are by the company called red line who are also in the process of fabricating brackets and the proper struts to fit the new Maverick can't imagine they'd be much cheaper than MRT Struts

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I purchased a set this past weekend and wonā€™t get them for awhile. They sent me a notice that they had sold out until Thursday (12/30/2021).

Wish I had seen their Mil. discount. šŸ™

Let us know how they are working out.

Hey, The Weatherman we are working hard to ship your set quickly. We were so surprised by the demand over the weekend for Maverick Hood Struts and Exhaust. Our team based in Plymouth,MI is working hard to make more units to ship out this week. We are also working on becoming an official vendor on this forum. Stay Tuned!

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with Testa422 where are you gonna get the brackets Because there aren't any for the lower mount or the top mount, By the time you get done dickin around with trying to fabricate your own it's cheaper to just buy the ones that somebody's already taken the time to go through all the headaches and make them right the 1st time
It's not cheaper to pay $140 when I can measure up some gas shocks for probably $30/pair and grab some scrap metal in my shop and in 15-20 minutes have brackets fabbed.

Maybe I'll start selling these! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not cheaper to pay $140 when I can measure up some gas shocks for probably $30/pair and grab some scrap metal in my shop and in 15-20 minutes have brackets fabbed.

FWJ

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
Yikes on that price. I get prices on metal have gone up but man they gonna turn a sweet profit if people buying those.

jer32383

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord

Stop it, just stop. You nor anyone else in the history of ever is going To grab some metal in your shop and make brackets anywhereā€™s near presentable enough to show anyone ever in 15 to 20 minutes. Youā€™ll spend 15 to 20 minutes hitting it with black spray paint from a rattle can that will just wear off.

Yikes on that price. I get prices on metal have gone up but man they gonna turn a sweet profit if people buying those.
You stop it too. These people are here to make a profit. If you had to buy a set of struts like that for a new car from the dealer it would probably cost twice that much. These people had to work out those brackets and then source the struts and theyā€™re probably hoping to sell what A couple thousand of these? Do you think theyā€™re running a charity?

jer32383

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
My thoughts exactly, more stabilizers the better.
These absolutely would help with any hood vibrations. Itā€™s a gas charged shock. Itā€™s not just a damper so itā€™s actually putting an upward pressure to keep the hood raised thereā€™s still a pressure exerted on the hood once the hood is closed and latched. However Iā€™ve purchased a replacement hood for an Audi once before that was a knock off and the issues with that hood were due to the substructure not being completely bonded to the skin like on the factory hood it was just glued in a couple of spots so the Hood was like a wet noodle compared to factory. This could be an issue for the maverick.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stop it, just stop. You nor anyone else in the history of ever is going To grab some metal in your shop and make brackets anywhereā€™s near presentable enough to show anyone ever in 15 to 20 minutes. Youā€™ll spend 15 to 20 minutes hitting it with black spray paint from a rattle can that will just wear off.

You don't even know me. I've been a small engine builder and parts fabricator for most of my adult life....and that's not even my day job.

I'm sorry this forum appears to be filled with a bunch of no talent wussies who couldn't tell a welder from a garden hose, but don't go run your mouth off like you know the skill set of the few here who can actually make stuff.... šŸ™„

But yes, without any skill, $140 is you solution.

Last edited:

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info on the MRT struts, watched the video, ordered them. Sounds like some folks like to create their own option but some like life to be simple. Either choice we make, it is a positive upgrade!!

jer32383

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
You don't even know me. I've been a small engine builder and parts fabricator for most of my adult life....and that's not even my day job.

I'm sorry this forum appears to be filled with a bunch of no talent wussies who couldn't tell a welder from a garden hose, but don't go run your mouth off like you know the skill set of the few here who can actually make stuff.... šŸ™„
Unless You had all the plans and measurements, thereā€™s no chance. Iā€™ll give you every tool under the sun. Not to mention that youā€™ve now spend time do designed them so your pass your 15 and 20 minute mark anyways

I was a mechanic for multiple years. I have welders Iā€™m an electrician now I have Every bit of talent and experience to tell you that youā€™re just comfortable with lying to a room full of people who donā€™t know that youā€™re lying.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless You had all the plans and measurements, thereā€™s no chance. Iā€™ll give you every tool under the sun.

I was a mechanic for multiple years. I have welders Iā€™m an electrician now I have Every bit of talent and experience to tell you that youā€™re just comfortable with lying to a room full of people who donā€™t know that youā€™re lying.
šŸ„±

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It takes time to do fabrication and fitting. If you simply donā€™t like the price and would like to make one yourself with cardboard pieces/metals random materials and do test fittings on your new truck then go for it. I bought it and looking forward to it. Iā€™m too old be busting my knuckles and do damage to the truck. If it was 30 years ago then i would try to fabricate but at my age Forget it. I will sit and wait and provide feedback once I get it. Happy holidays letā€™s all be nice!
Sponsored