Skisail

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4 Avant
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
96,000 miles. Looks and runs like new. Not that I haven't had to put money in it now and again. Nothing crazy though.

Re. 2014 Jetta
I have a 2000 Jetta that’s still going strong. Very, very little rust and super reliable.

Reactions: TCK

MaverickTake2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
part of it was lack of information available to the buyers and dealerships at time of ordering.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, never thought they lasted that long!
Yea my 2014 Hyundai has a CD player, never used it. I was looking at it the other day and thought does it work since I never tested it? But I can't be bothered to take a CD out to test it.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a ram 1500 and it has a CD player. But I have never used it

Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate the link. Went down a bit of a rabbit hole, but thats the internet for ya, lol.

I'll have to see what I have for a rim (17 or 18) since its a lariat. If there is room ill probably get one with the same outside diameter at some point. If the rims is an 18 ill probably just have the best of the old ones put on when the first set of tires wears out.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2000 Jetta that’s still going strong. Very, very little rust and super reliable.
🤞 on the A4 Avant. Always wanted an S4 Avant. Nothing like a station wagon Qship! Dusting sports cars in a wagon is good sport.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No automatic day/night mirror on the XLT.
So, there's a manual day/night mirror (not just the day mirror cars used to have), right? I'm okay with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCK

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if people are any more surprised by what they are getting on the Maverick than they have been on any other car. Or are we just hearing more about it because people have a long time between purchase and delivery to read and write about their expectations?

There may be a few more surprises because in many cases people (and dealers) have been unable to look at one on the lot. But that's a drawback of first-model-year and the build-to-order system, not the Maverick in particular.

In the past, I've heard lots of people talk about things they discovered on their car after they bought it off the lot. I've discovered things myself. There's a lot of things you just don't think to check out or ask about until later.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
are we just hearing more about it because people have a long time between purchase and delivery to read and write about their expectations?
100%... At this point I know way more about what is coming in my maverick than any other vehicle I've purchased.

Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the automatic day/night mirror and I want a garage door opener, so that is one of the first things I will change.

On the manual mirrors, I forget to flip the lever and someone always runs up my ass and destroys my night vision.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since most of us are old timers, we need to remember that the Maverick has been targeted at younger buyers. So no CD player or XM (ancient tech), no Homelink (because the target buyer doesn't own a home), no navigation (because the kids will just use CarPlay), etc, etc.
Spot on, as well as another way to keep cost down.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen several posts here where people say they thought they were getting "X" but they got or just learned that they get "Y". This applies to people who ordered a Maverick as well as bought off the dealers lot.

Examples I've seen include -

I thought the XL had cruise control
I thought the Maverick had a CD player
I thought the Maverick had built in navigation
I thought the XLT had Sirius XM
I thought the Lariat without Lux had active cruise control
I thought my hybrid got a full size spare without buying copilot 360
I thought the full size spare option was the same size as the other 4 tires

There's probably more, but these are what I can recall right now.

The question is how does this happen?

Is Ford's online information not clear enough? It does take some digging, that's for sure.

Are the dealership sales people not doing a good job of learning everything the customer wants and explaining the options and or packages required to get them? There are some poor sales people out there unfortunately.

Is the customer not doing their due diligence before handing out $20-30K or more?

I thought I had done good research and I did know all of the above except I learned about the faux full size spare tire here on this forum.

How can this lack of information in the age of information that we live in be improved?

I'd say some improvement of complete (and correct) information on the Ford build and price website would benefit the most.

What say you?
I just think people don’t read anymore, regardless of age. Every one of these things has been discussed ad nauseum…next someone is gonna say “I didn’t know it could hold a big water bottle in the door…”

that’s right. DRINK.
People are just not paying attention here.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer just took the build I put in online as-is, and I wish they'd have been more of an advocate on things that could have been dealer installed instead of factory installed to get me built faster.

This was my first time building a car to spec, and since joining this forum I feel like I know more than my salesman does.
You do. Without a doubt. Even if you only read a few posts

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
96,000 miles. Looks and runs like new. Not that I haven't had to put money in it now and again. Nothing crazy though.

Re. 2014 Jetta
My 09 Jetta has a CD player that still has the same CDs we put in it back in the day, and a special plug in for my IPod classic lol. It also has over 250k on it and still runs great. Good thing because it seems my hybrid is gonna take a while.
Sponsored