Sponsored

Kase

First Name
Kase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
It's interesting because Ford said from the beginning (June 2021) that it is comparing the hybrid to the Civic, so C&D is just taking what most owners, and would be owners know.

But in all reality, how can a truck compare to a car (in general)? AND Civic owners are not really trading in their car for a Maverick.

Thanks for the info.
I also traded in my 2013 Honda Civic for a Maverick Hybrid XLT

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve almost always driven small-to-midsize cars, mainly because I commute and work in the city. Also - I like smaller cars that are fun to drive. To this day my 2012 Mazda 3 that I bought new has been my favorite vehicle I have ever purchased. 35-40mpg and would absolutely thrash a backroad.

But I’ll be honest - when you need a truck, nothing else will do. Yeah, I had family I could borrow from, but that’s still inconvenient. The problem was always price, size, and efficiency… I don’t want to spend 30k+ for a vehicle too large to parallel park that gets 18mpg, especially when my usage would be primarily DIY projects and moving the occasional piece of furniture.

So you can probably guess why the Mav appealed to me, lol

Sponsored

413 Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove a Nissan Versa (basically a Civic) for a couple years before it got totalled last year, got an Accord after that. The Maverick is far superior to either model in almost every way.
In a traditional world where everything is on the dealer lot for purchase, the Maverick is a clear winner.

I did actually consider a base model Corrola Hybrid because of impatience, but I came to my senses!

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I drove a Nissan Versa (basically a Civic) for a couple years before it got totalled last year, got an Accord after that. The Maverick is far superior to either model in almost every way.
In a traditional world where everything is on the dealer lot for purchase, the Maverick is a clear winner.

I did actually consider a base model Corrola Hybrid because of impatience, but I came to my senses!
If maverick hybrids were on the lot and easy to buy Ford would be taking sales away from everyone in a big way. Price, efficiency, practicality the Maverick wins hans down.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Less expense to own, more versatile, and bigger inside, 4 door, plus it can haul stuff. And the test numbers show it to be better. Why would anyone not want this over a civic. It's a no brainer to me.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen two people say a Nissan Versa is "basically a Civic" and no, it isn't. The Versa is basically a Versa. They are fine cars but they are like the Civic in only in that they are small sedans. Having spent time with Versas, Civics, Mazda3s, Corollas, Sentras.. they are all quite different.

This is like saying the Maverick is basically a Santa Cruz.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But in all reality, how can a truck compare to a car (in general)? AND Civic owners are not really trading in their car for a Maverick.
Lol. I traded a corolla for my maverick.

Really the only really meaningful thing on the list that the civic/corolla beats the maverick on is that 75mph cruising MPG.

The big surprise the C/D testing is the stopping distance. Can't believe the Maverick is an entire car length shorter.

Also, this is showing again that the hybrid maverick has plenty of highway acceleration.

Gray Optician 47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be selling my 2019 Civic Coupe EX with less than 20,000 miles as soon my Mav is shipped. Nice thing the civic is worth as much if not more than the sticker price when I bought, and it's almost paid off. 22 or 23 I'm good.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford could have sold hundreds of thousands of these if it had the capacity. I wonder how fast they will ramp up manufacturing.

beardedbender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In 2019 I was looking at Civics. I ended up with a Mazda 3 hatch. I sold that and bought a hybrid Maverick. Completely agree these are comparable.

I want a small 4 seater, good MPG, I want the fully loaded version of a low cost vehicle. All things that a Mav and Civic have and every other truck doesn't.
Sponsored