OP

901Kenobi

First Name
DANIEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2006 BMW X3, MB GLC300
Might want to drop the direct link for those using a non-Apple device.
I cannot seem to find it anywhere else online. Linked article appears to be a digital copy of what will be featured in the January 2022 Car and Driver Magazine.

Ford Maverick Just Enough Truck - Car and Driver Maverick review CE9DE368-B7D0-434A-AB27-C480F1DE51B9

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That graph vs competitors is very interesting. Good to see how well the maverick stacks up in so many areas.

Also interesting is the quote about how "...it will put people who would never have bought a Ford pickup into one". Very true for me and I bet many others here.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they forgot why a bigger percentage of buyers purchased the Maverick? IT'S THE HYBRID that attacked so many and yes, the size/price. The reason they didn't compare any of those other trucks to the Maverick Hybrid is because it STANDS ALONE!

I'm not knocking those who ordered any of the other versions because I get that too. A smaller and affordable truck that does what most of what the bigger trucks do.

Last edited:

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the article ...

The turbo pulverizes the front tires, so spec the AWD
The steering wheel is basic looking

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they forgot why a bigger percentage of buyers purchased the Maverick? IT'S THE HYBRID that attacked so many and yes, the size/price. The reason they didn't compare any of those other trucks to the Maverick Hybrid is because it STANDS ALONE!

I'm not knocking those who ordered any of the other versions because I get that too. A smaller and affordable truck that does what most of what the bigger trucks do.
The hybrid definitely attracts people who would otherwise not look at standard pickups. The base price is another major factor in a market where top tier trucks can run $70k+ and even used trucks are going for $30k+. The crew cab/unibody makes it a comfortable daily driver for people who need a DD first and a truck second. (👋) Throw in AWD/towing/off road ability covers just about everyone else. It doesn't hurt that performance is outstanding compared to the compact trucks of the 80's and 90's.

It certainly stands alone in todays market. It will be fun to see how the other manufacturers respond.

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Just Enough Truck - Car and Driver Maverick review 16405455997716067662223720845795

Been driving this for the last week (22 Mitsubishi outlander PHEV and this is FAR noise than my maverick. I'm gonna need to get something to read the decibels in mine cause it is pretty quiet going down the road even with the Off road tires that came from the factory I don't hear barely any road noise unless I have the windows down or I'm driving across gravel

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm gonna need to get something to read the decibels in mine cause it is pretty quiet going down the road even with the Off road tires that came from the factory I don't hear barely any road noise unless I have the windows down or I'm driving across gravel
There's an app on the Android and iOS app stores called Decibel X that does a pretty good job. It will show overall sound level as well as a spectrum view.
Ford Maverick Just Enough Truck - Car and Driver Maverick review IMG_8563

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
from the article in the specifications at the end is a couple curious little tidbits of information:

Redline/Fuel Cutoff 6500/6500 rpm
Top Speed (gov ltd) 110 mph

wonder why Ford felt a need to cut the fuel supply at 6500 and also limit the top speed to 110 mph?
is it to keep the turbo from revving itself until it blows up? Does Fed government have a law on top speed?

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since they mention the Taurus, the 1989 Taurus SHO did 0-60mph in 6.5 seconds and 15 second quarter mile. It was the fastest FWD car in the world at that time and started at $20k.

Not bad, Maverick!!! :)