First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! Refreshing to see a honest review with quite a bit of fair pros and cons listed, and not just a commercial for the manufacturer.

Hybrid XL is especially going to be the no-brainer choice for any small business that operates in the city or burbs. If I had a landscaping business for example, you can't do better going new.

Sounds like, no pun intended, that the best combo to address the infotainment criticism may be to just ignore AA/CP tethering, and just use the phone for GPS duty and just spend the $10 for a tiny USB stick for your music library. Replace the door speakers, and then shove one of these mini subs under the driver's seat, and you won't break the bank. Voila!

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is my 5000 mile review on the Maverick XL hybrid I received back in January.

Great Job ! Thanks for making.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks! Refreshing to see a honest review with quite a bit of fair pros and cons listed, and not just a commercial for the manufacturer.

Hybrid XL is especially going to be the no-brainer choice for any small business that operates in the city or burbs. If I had a landscaping business for example, you can't do better going new.

Sounds like, no pun intended, that the best combo to address the infotainment criticism may be to just ignore AA/CP tethering, and just use the phone for GPS duty and just spend the $10 for a tiny USB stick for your music library. Replace the door speakers, and then shove one of these mini subs under the driver's seat, and you won't break the bank. Voila!
This is my biggest issue right now with my Maverick, which is the connectivity to Apple Care Play.. I'm sure for 2023 or 2024 things will change, also Ford needs to add another USB port upfront.

Sam's videos have always been spot on, and not playing for the Manufacture.

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my biggest issue right now with my Maverick, which is the connectivity to Apple Care Play.. I'm sure for 2023 or 2024 things will change, also Ford needs to add another USB port upfront.

Sam's videos have always been spot on, and not playing for the Manufacture.
I wonder if the Sync 3 system works better in the Maverick with less connectivity problems and being glitchy.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t speak for all but my Lariat Lux connects flawlessly with Bluetooth and CP.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if the Sync 3 system works better in the Maverick with less connectivity problems and being glitchy.
The price premium is too high for me to justify when it's not even sync 4 though. If you weren't going to get everything else anyway, $4,400 is a pretty penny.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is my 5000 mile review on the Maverick XL hybrid I received back in January.
awesome review man. thanks.
you said you had minimal options on this truck.
was it copilot 360 by any chance and if so, how did that work out?
thanks.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
awesome review man. thanks.
you said you had minimal options on this truck.
was it copilot 360 by any chance and if so, how did that work out?
thanks.
I think his only option was the hitch but not sure.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve noticed the MPG greatly varies based on the elevation where you live and drive.

Somebody who lives in a flat state like Nebraska for example might get 50mpg combined but here in CA for me, I get about 38-41 combined if I do an equal amount of city/freeway driving.

That is because many freeway trips go from 300-700ft elevation to 5000-6000ft elevation when driving through the mountains going uphill and such. However, some city trips, I’ve got 64mpg (the little trip computer shows how much MPG you got per drive when you remove the key from the ignition.)

OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve noticed the MPG greatly varies based on the elevation where you live and drive.

Somebody who lives in a flat state like Nebraska for example might get 50mpg combined but here in CA for me, I get about 38-41 combined if I do an equal amount of city/freeway driving.

That is because many freeway trips go from 300-700ft elevation to 5000-6000ft elevation when driving through the mountains going uphill and such. However, some city trips, I’ve got 64mpg (the little trip computer shows how much MPG you got per drive when you remove the key from the ignition.)
Actually hills can actually increase your fuel economy with hybrids because you have more opportunity for strong regenerative braking on the downhill. If you're flat all the time you don't get that.
Sponsored