First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
his complaints about the android auto sounds like an android auto problem.
Could be, although I have seen videos of other people pointing out glitches in the factory headunit not AA/CP related, so hard to say. A firmware update, reset of the phone, and new cable as suggested would be good troubleshooting steps though.
Sponsored

SayCheessee

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I was going to find a multi disc changer for the radio so I can listen to my music collection in mp3 format. This might lead me down the road to replace the whole head unit and opened a new can of worms that I very much want to avoid.

From your video (gave it a 👍), all I have to do is just copy my music onto a USB memory stick and problem solved! 😲 😳 Can't wait to get my truck.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my biggest issue right now with my Maverick, which is the connectivity to Apple Care Play.. I'm sure for 2023 or 2024 things will change, also Ford needs to add another USB port upfront.

Sam's videos have always been spot on, and not playing for the Manufacture.
I wonder if a USB port extender would work. Just don't expect fast charging because all the ports on the extender use what amps are available from the source port.

TimmH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Another thing on phone connectivity. There are charging cables, and there are data cables (They charge as well). They look identical, it's all in the specs.

I had a friend who had issues with his RAM truck, I grabbed my cable and his system worked fine, turned out he had a cheap charging cable, which we confirmed by plugging into a computer and it refused to see the device but did start charging.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say I've had no connectivity issues whatsoever in 5 weeks of ownership.

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the video!!

Have your Maverick had an oil change yet? Are folks planning to use synthetic mix or full synthetic and why? How often will you have your oil changed?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing on phone connectivity. There are charging cables, and there are data cables (They charge as well). They look identical, it's all in the specs.

I had a friend who had issues with his RAM truck, I grabbed my cable and his system worked fine, turned out he had a cheap charging cable, which we confirmed by plugging into a computer and it refused to see the device but did start charging.
Charging cables have the data pins wired for power too, so you wouldn't get the intermittent problems he was reporting. That would just be a regular crappy or damaged cable or port on the vehicle or phone.

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just finished a 1700 mile road trip from Orlando to New Orleans in my hybrid Lariat. Just about all flat road highway miles and got 33.4 MPG. The front seat was the most comfortable I’ve ever been after 9 hrs behind the wheel. No lower back pain. Apple CarPlay worked fine. I had been getting 41 MPG around town. Very happy with everything.

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why you reviewed a basic vehicle as if was a Lariat. Years ago we purchased a plain Jane Fusion for our teenagers and understood that it wouldn't compare to my Limited. Seating and everything else doesn't even compare to what the higher end ones do.

Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost two months in and I can report I've had zero connectivity issues with mine. I use CarPlay, and my wife uses Android Auto. Both work perfectly. Had it in the shop for a week to repair a bumper scratch from shipping, and the 22 Edge they gave me as a loaner functioned exactly the same...except for being totally wireless, of course. Gotta admit that part was nice.
I do experience the grabby brake issue on occasion. Through pedal modulation I can minimize it, but not entirely. However, considering how insanely happy I am with everything else about the truck, it's not a big deal to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the video!!

Have your Maverick had an oil change yet? Are folks planning to use synthetic mix or full synthetic and why? How often will you have your oil changed?
No oil change yet. The service interval isn't until 10K miles and or when the computer says it needs to be done. And it's nowhere close to that.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually hills can actually increase your fuel economy with hybrids because you have more opportunity for strong regenerative braking on the downhill. If you're flat all the time you don't get that.
No kiddin' on the benefits of hilly terrain. I live and commute in the hills of east Tennessee, my mileage has been outstanding as I get a lot of downhill charging time. Look at these numbers, they are typical:

Ford Maverick Maverick XL Hybrid 5000 mile review - real world 47 mpg average odo1

Ford Maverick Maverick XL Hybrid 5000 mile review - real world 47 mpg average odo2

Ford Maverick Maverick XL Hybrid 5000 mile review - real world 47 mpg average odo3

Thanks for the great review.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if a USB port extender would work. Just don't expect fast charging because all the ports on the extender use what amps are available from the source port.

Thank I have one, just strange to have one, and not have apple car play be wireless.
Sponsored