First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I crossed the 500 mile threshold recently and have now spent almost 18 hours in the truck. I've gotten a good feel for it and how it's going to fit my needs.

Ford Maverick 500 Mile XL Hybrid Review 2022-05-11 18.54.00-1

This truck provides me with what I need and it does so well. The glitch with the clock that I mentioned seems to have been solved as soon as I started using Android Auto.

Speaking of Android Auto, I've had no issues with it. Waze pulls up without any issues. I'm able to use Sirius XM without a problem. The only thing that I've noticed is that the audio has to be off before connecting the phone. Otherwise the apps work on the phone and they play through the speakers on the truck, but it doesn't display on the truck's screen.

I've had the same issues with scuffing on the plastic that others have. Because I park in a tight spot in a garage located downtown, I can't open the door all the way like others recommend. That means my work boots sometimes hit the panels, and yes, they get scuffed. Oh well. I'll deal.

I haven't had any issues with paint chips from rocks or flaking. Nor have I had any issues with the hood shaking. As far as road noise, well, coming from a 32 year old Silverado and a Mustang GT convertible, I think it's quiet. Someone coming from a luxury sedan or SUV will have a different opinion.

All in all, this truck does what I bought it for, hauling supplies for a business, and it does it well. I even went on a 200 mile trip to help transport an animal, which is not typical. And during that three hour trip, I found the seating comfortable, the climate control worked well, and the audio and navigation through Android Auto worked well.

I'd buy this truck again. And the eight month wait was well worth it.

Also, I decided to try sport mode yesterday. It definitely reduces the mileage and I didn't notice any benefit from an acceleration or handling perspective. I'd say stick with normal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lso, I decided to try sport mode yesterday. It definitely reduces the mileage and I didn't notice any benefit from an acceleration or handling perspective. I'd say stick with normal.
I recently did a mountain road trip with hairpin turns and some fast straightaways. I put it in Sport and was surprised how responsive and zippy my hybrid became. I hated to go back to ECO.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently did a mountain road trip with hairpin turns and some fast straightaways. I put it in Sport and was surprised how responsive and zippy my hybrid became. I hated to go back to ECO.
I may be a little, okay a lot harder to impress with an increase in performance because my fun car is the Mustang GT convertible you see in my avatar. 😏

But it did make it easier for me to be impressed with the ride comfort and cabin noise.

One other quibble that I'll just deal with is that I'm used to putting in the clutch and letting the Mustang coast when I go downhill. With the truck, the regenerative braking kicks in. I get it, I'll deal with it, but I don't like it.

Win some, lose some. 🤷
Sponsored