First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually hills can actually increase your fuel economy with hybrids because you have more opportunity for strong regenerative braking on the downhill. If you're flat all the time you don't get that.
Thermodynamics tells us that "you can't even break (or in this case brake) even" though. It takes more energy to go up a hill, and regen can only recapture a portion of that energy. I read that regen can capture something up to like 60% back, so its definitely a lot better than just ICE since you have to control your decent speed, but flat should still always be better even if it doesn't matter as much on a hybrid.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

awesome review man. thanks.
you said you had minimal options on this truck.
was it copilot 360 by any chance and if so, how did that work out?
thanks.
I have CP360 and it's OK, I wish it had a backup warning, just blindside monitoring

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
awesome review man. thanks.
you said you had minimal options on this truck.
was it copilot 360 by any chance and if so, how did that work out?
thanks.
Here is my 5000 mile review on the Maverick XL hybrid I received back in January.

Thanks for the update. See you at 10K???

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is my 5000 mile review on the Maverick XL hybrid I received back in January.
Really enjoy all your videos. You strike a good balance of covering specs. and providing your own, real world experience. Can’t wait to see the retro decals and future reviews.

Reactions: Aza

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Shay , excellent 5k summary on the Hybrid. Your city MPG's are amazing. Got to love exceeding the EPA numbers by that high of margin.

Looking forward to your retro striping you have planned!

Reactions: Aza

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also want to point out that if others are still having issues with "android auto" or "apple carplay" even with the firmware update the issue can be with the actual cable that connects the phone to the USB port.

I experienced issues with connectivity after about two months of use. It was caused because the cable was going bad at the phone end. When placing the phone into the left flat area caused strain on the cable end and doing this repeatedly caused it to become intermittent.

Replacing the cable fixed the problems.

For Android Auto Users Google is rolling out an App that will tell you if your cable is Good or Bad:

Android Auto nearly ready to launch USB cable quality checker; here’s how it works

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Android Auto is finally nearing a rollout for a tool we first spotted nearly a year ago. With the latest update, Android Auto can check the quality of your USB cable to see if it’s causing you any issues.

It’s not unusual for Android Auto to have connection hiccups, but the cause is usually the same. If you’re having trouble with Android Auto, odds are that it’s because your USB cable isn’t quite up to the quality it should be. Google has even long said this is a probable cause, with a support page that’s been around for years explicitly saying that “not all USB cables will work with all cars.”

Now, Google is helping Android Auto users to check if the USB cable is the root cause of their problems. Originally called the “Connectivity Troubleshooter” when we first uncovered the tool, Google has added “USB Startup Diagnostics” to Android Auto 7.5 and up, though the feature isn’t actually rolling out yet — we were able to force it on our end to give it a quick test, though. Mishaal Rahman on Twitter highlighted the quiet addition.

When the feature does roll out, you’ll see it under the “Connection Help” menu for Android Auto. Launching the USB cable quality checker in Android Auto will ask you to disconnect the current cable, plug it back in, and then the system will automatically run a test to determine if the cable is up to the task of running Android Auto properly, as pictured below.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review I own 7 mavericks hybrid for the business they are all getting around 44 mpg about 80%city expressway and 20% city, I’m thrilled with the mpg, as for the brakes I had the same problem and then I found out it was me I adjusted the way I pressed the pedal and I haven’t had any more problems. I also went with wireless for the radio haven had any more problems since

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

his complaints about the android auto sounds like an android auto problem.

i may be mistaken, but at least from an Apple Carplay viewpoint, the second screen is just that - a second screen. The phone is doing all the work. So if your Android Auto/Carplay sucks - its likely your phone that is shitty. Then again I dont use android because the entire solution has always been 40% more janky than iOS.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the video, Sam. Seeing your real world review and the amazing MPGs you're getting reinforces the great things I'm hearing about the economy of the Maverick hybrid.

I'm enjoying my EB Maverick, but am definitely looking forward to the arrival of my hybrid for the (vastly!) improved fuel economy. Outside the very occasional weekend jaunt out of town, I drive almost entirely on city streets. Essentially no interstates, no two-lane highways, just congested city streets with lots of traffic. The perfect environment for the Maverick hybrid.

My AWD EB will get 30+ mpg on the highway, which is great, but my fuel economy is typically closer to 20 MPG. The Maverick hybrid is made to order for the kind of driving I do.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! I enjoyed the video.

Axe360

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Awesome! I’m at 6000 mi and that was a grt review! It’s an awesome truck!

Last edited:

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
My Lariat Hybrid hasn't had any issues with connectivity. I also installed a wireless AA dongle and it works perfectly too. I'm getting over 39 mpg, 85% hwy driving, daily with 82 to 85 miles round trip. I have a little over 4500 miles on mine now and love my truck!
Thanks for the honest review!

Ford Maverick Maverick XL Hybrid 5000 mile review - real world 47 mpg average 20220320_194501

Ford Maverick Maverick XL Hybrid 5000 mile review - real world 47 mpg average 20220320_194809

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review I own 7 mavericks hybrid for the business they are all getting around 44 mpg about 80%city expressway and 20% city, I’m thrilled with the mpg, as for the brakes I had the same problem and then I found out it was me I adjusted the way I pressed the pedal and I haven’t had any more problems. I also went with wireless for the radio haven had any more problems since
7!!!!! Amazing.