First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Spoiler, hits EPA rating (which is good for a hybrid in winter).

They also have a FX4 ecoboost that will be uploaded next with the same test.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must say, that’s a good looking truck! :unsure:

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ecoboost test released, exceeds EPA (makes you wonder how it would have done w/o the 4K lower gearing and FX4 offroadish tires or FWD for that matter):

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They've followed up with a full hybrid review after driving both.

Interesting takeaway is that the reviewer doesn't see why anyone would go with the Ecoboost unless they had to have AWD or 4K towing, and thinks the XLT is the sweet spot.

12:25 to hear extended full throttle application on entrance ramp. Mini Countryman kicked its butt, but it had no problem getting up to 80mph in reasonable time. It does have an annoying rattle, but so too did our Mercedes but luckily Mercedes fixed it under warranty in 1 day, hopefully Ford is as responsive to those types of complaints.

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
What rattle do folks keep talking about? Ive been over 90 MPH in my XL Hybrid and havent heard a rattle..

Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What rattle do folks keep talking about? Ive been over 90 MPH in my XL Hybrid and havent heard a rattle..
Probably because you don't have a rattle, unless you're like my parents and can't hear high frequency sounds, lol! I complained about the rattle in the Mercedes that was driving me bonkers and they couldn't hear it, and the first Mercedes tech couldn't hear it either but he was in his 60s. Got a younger girl and she gave them an idea where it might be coming from. In our Mercedes it was coming from the sunroof driver's side rail but also from the instrument cluster plastic on plastic. They readjusted the rail and for the plastic part put adhesive backed felt in between where the plastic meets and that fixed it.

On another car we had we identified a rattle that was a cable that had come loose from this foamy loom holder and would tap against bare metal.

Rattles and squeaks can be hard to track down and aren't likely to ever be the same on two different vehicles. Even Captain Archer's Enterprise NX-01 had a rattle/squeak under the deck plating. :p

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided

Spoiler, hits EPA rating (which is good for a hybrid in winter).

They also have a FX4 ecoboost that will be uploaded next with the same test.
Decent review, I've watch all the video reviews on the Mav. Hybrid and I like what I see. Mine has been ordered so its just the waiting game. No worries on the, longer it takes the more I get my trade in (2019 Ranger XLT) paid down for a better down payment.
Thank you for posting this.
Sponsored